Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 04:35 PM

392 posts, read 919,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
mullets, body piercing, excessive body art of all kinds
I think it's kinda cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 05:22 PM

810 posts, read 1,449,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaram View Post
I think it's kinda cool.
I think that body decorations are like graffiti on broken-window buildings. They're an indication that you're in a bad neighborhood.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:32 PM

155 posts, read 189,408 times
So, I've read through the entire post and had a great deal of laughs, thanks everyone.

Mostly state Hygiene, I agree, so extremely important. I've been with my guy for 4 years, and I never thought we'd be where we are today, because when we first met, he wasn't my "ideal" guy. He is short (5'10), and balding. However.... We kind of grew on each other, and he eventually asked me out. I was thinking the whole time we were just becoming really great friends. To my surprise, he not only was the greatest man I ever met, but also my greatest friend.

Back on point of thread, No one mentioned this...... I hate feat! They completely gross me out! Has nothing to do with a guy so to speak, I don't even like my own. And my poor kids.... Can't get mom to touch theirs either.

4 years in, and I've finally seen his feat, it'd be weird going that long without doing so. But it seriously was at least a year into the actual relationship.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 PM

286 posts, read 450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Aunt 936 View Post
So, I've read through the entire post and had a great deal of laughs, thanks everyone.

Mostly state Hygiene, I agree, so extremely important. I've been with my guy for 4 years, and I never thought we'd be where we are today, because when we first met, he wasn't my "ideal" guy. He is short (5'10), and balding. However.... We kind of grew on each other, and he eventually asked me out. I was thinking the whole time we were just becoming really great friends. To my surprise, he not only was the greatest man I ever met, but also my greatest friend.

Back on point of thread, No one mentioned this...... I hate feat! They completely gross me out! Has nothing to do with a guy so to speak, I don't even like my own. And my poor kids.... Can't get mom to touch theirs either.

4 years in, and I've finally seen his feat, it'd be weird going that long without doing so. But it seriously was at least a year into the actual relationship.
Don't mention short being 5'10.. it'll rub the fellas the wrong way. lol.

I'm happy for you. I wish you continued happiness in your relationship.
DH has big feet. When I first saw them I cracked up laughing.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:43 PM

155 posts, read 189,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSaySheSay View Post

I'm happy for you. I wish you continued happiness in your relationship.
DH has big feet. When I first saw them I cracked up laughing.
Well I'm only 5'2", so he is super tall, and when I wear the 5" heals, we laugh about it together

Old 03-13-2014, 08:02 PM

260 posts, read 605,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSaySheSay View Post
Because it's a ridiculous definition! It's like calling a guy who makes $50k/yr "poor". He's not rich, but he's still above average and it would be shallow of any woman to automatically discount him on that basis.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
I find narcissists who start dismissive threads and then demean the characteristics of people who have done nothing.....no, that's not it.

Can someone tell me the point of a thread like this? I'm really curious what motivates someone to list traits they find repugnant in another person? Is it fun? Is it a relief, the way vomiting is when you're really nauseous, like I wish I could now? Is it a lack of awareness that people possessing some of those traits will read the dismissive way the trait, and of course that person, are thought of? Just not caring?

Like what you like. Dislike what you dislike. We can all make a list, but why invite people to do so?

I guess I'm the CD scold today, but this place has been pretty fvcking uncharitable today.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
- bald or balding
- fat, more than just a little extra chub
- clothes that don't fit well - either too baggy or too tight
- effeminate styles
- old man styles like polo/golf shirts
- ugly facial hair (some styles are okay on some men)
- arrogant attitude
- tattoos, piercings (especially those ear gages), any body modification
- meatheads & bully/macho attitudes
- misogynist &/or sexist attitudes (including "joking" which tends to reveal hidden feelings)
- smoking, drug use

Old 03-13-2014, 10:07 PM

286 posts, read 450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I find narcissists who start dismissive threads and then demean the characteristics of people who have done nothing.....no, that's not it.

Can someone tell me the point of a thread like this? I'm really curious what motivates someone to list traits they find repugnant in another person? Is it fun? Is it a relief, the way vomiting is when you're really nauseous, like I wish I could now? Is it a lack of awareness that people possessing some of those traits will read the dismissive way the trait, and of course that person, are thought of? Just not caring?

Like what you like. Dislike what you dislike. We can all make a list, but why invite people to do so?

I guess I'm the CD scold today, but this place has been pretty fvcking uncharitable today.
get over it, this forum is called Fashion AND beauty.. emphasis on beauty. If you don't like it.. don't read it.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:10 PM

659 posts, read 1,173,176 times
toothless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty