Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 11:21 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Well so far I been blessed with great health, have all my parts and on no medications ..50 feeling great..
And you look awesome! I would never have guessed 50!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 11:27 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
When compared to the 40's-70's (the decades you mentioned), you don't know about fast food being a bigger part of peoples diets today? Really? You really don't know about that?

You don't know anyone who eats fast food other than a couple people who work at your local grocery store? Stop bullshhiting.
Excuse me? No, I don't know anyone who eats fast food, other than those mentioned. None of my friends or relatives would go near the stuff.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:59 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I think most people who truly do look younger than their actual ages probably don't have all of these medical conditions. I figure if your outsides look young (naturally not cosmetically altered) then your insides are probably young too. If you're 40 years old and look 55 or 60, chances are your insides, the parts that matter most, are probably older too.
There a lot truth to what you said, I'm a health nut been so since I was 20. I only eat organics straight across the board, grow my own or buy from my local organic framers . I don' eat processed foods, soda pops , drink, smoke , drugs or fast food ever! I workout and live a stress free life as I can ..

Old 06-07-2014, 12:05 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
And you look awesome! I would never have guessed 50!
Thank you... I think I look my age but I think I look pretty good 50...

Old 06-07-2014, 02:33 AM

818 posts, read 917,613 times
this topic comes up every so often on here. genetics and lifestyle is what its about . Put the two together and you get a person that will look 10 years younger than they are

Old 06-07-2014, 06:23 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Thank you... I think I look my age but I think I look pretty good 50...
I'll be thrilled to look as good as you at 50. You really do look awesome!

Old 06-07-2014, 07:31 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I find that people in their 20's are shocked that I'm 50, but I think that's because they think 50 means little hunch-backed gray haired lady with orthopedic shoes
I find this to be true too. I'm 40 and I don't think I look that far off from it. I find that most younger people think that I should have wrinkles and short, graying hair that I color (the "mid-life" woman cut) and I don't, so I'll get the "wow, you look so young" because they have no idea what 40 looks like.

Last edited by *Sixy*; 06-07-2014 at 07:54 AM..

Old 06-07-2014, 07:53 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
When I stop getting carded for lottery tickets and alcohol I will stop saying I look young for my age.

For Christmas, I was even carded at freaking GAME STOP for buying a game that was rated 'M' for my nephew lol smh. I was like I'm 24.... and the Sales Associate was like, "you can never tell with females these days...." LOL
Most retail places in my area will ask for ID if you appear under 35...so you might be waiting a while. I've been asked numerous times for ID when I buy beer, especially if I'm alone (without kids or husband). Usually it's the younger kids who can't judge age so if there is an older person working, I try to get on their line.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
I think most people who truly do look younger than their actual ages probably don't have all of these medical conditions. I figure if your outsides look young (naturally not cosmetically altered) then your insides are probably young too. If you're 40 years old and look 55 or 60, chances are your insides, the parts that matter most, are probably older too.
Dingdingding ^^^ another winner from ShinyHappyLucy! I could not agree more. Like Wildcard here, I live a healthy lifestyle (although a few years ago I was backsliding and developed some health issues) But today I eat well, have tons of energy, exercise every day, drink LOTS of water, use minimal makeup and put nothing harsh on my skin. Also, I have learned to reduce my stress and let things go, stress is very aging to the body.

I think it's hard to say what any age "looks like" because who or what is setting the standard to compare to? Some people look awful at relatively young ages, while others like bodybuilder Ernestine Shepherd (age 77!) look phenomenal.

Bottom line, what is important is that one looks good for whatever age they are. That usually means they look healthy and vibrant, and yes probably younger as a result of those factors. My doctor told me I look "very vibrant with good color and skin tone, and my age is very difficult to guess". His words.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:01 AM

1,588 posts, read 2,316,661 times
Here's one for you my head looks every day of my late 40s life.

The rest of me looks to be a fit 25 yr old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty