Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 AM

564 posts, read 2,341,672 times

Advertisements

I don't care if people make small talk or not, I just want the job done right.

Last girl that cut it was paying attention to someone else and not to me. Completely rude, talked to me like I was a dog (mainly because I was a man and she was on a kick about how much she hated men that day, it dominated her conversation WHILE cutting my hair)...I wind up with a haircut that people would pay not to get.

Woman before that was as nice as could be. Still gapped it up.

Both of these times I've had to have it shaved clean to start over (number 8 all over, and of course, not by the same person at the same time)

I fear haircuts now.

Also, never bring in a picture if you're a guy, take it from me. You'll get it cut about 2 times shorter than the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 09:22 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
My experience the same with the nail salons, the only time I got a fungus at a caucasian salon. The asian salon I frequent is stable, has one owner, and the people are all the same every time I go in, so is probably family owned. Usually just ask for him as he is so excellent with his technique.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:44 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,688 times
Smile this is such a great topic

because it is so true! It is like nails against a chalk board to go in and have your hair cut by a stranger. I had to leave my old hairdresser after I said I was gonna move and didn't; I can't bear to let her know I am still stuck in Utah and now that I might move this spring I would not want to talk to her again because I know she will not believe me. Anyway, we did talk about all kinds of things and it did not take that many appointments, only like three or four. We used to talk about Britney Spears, TV shows we like to watch, not getting along with one's mom, etc. I miss her, she was so nice and the first hairdresser to cut my hair dry, so that now I think having it cut the regular way is wrong.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:20 PM

51 posts, read 163,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelongboatkey View Post
... I had just sat down when her mother and two sisters walked in. They started talking and eventually pulled up chairs and sat down. I don't think she directed more than two words to me the entire time. Needless to say I never went back.
I think that's my hairdresser! People are always stopping in to chat, and I might as well be a wig on a stand for all the notice I get. Sometimes the subject is far too personal for strangers to hear, but they apparently don't see me. This woman a fantastic job on my hair, so I'm not going elsewhere over this. It is nice, though, to be able to http://hometown.aol.de/allerleirauh/images/motz.gif (broken link)about it in here.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:55 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
I hate it when the stylist talks to me! I want them to cut my hair so I can go home! I'm also not much of a conversationalist so that's probably why I don't like to small talk to begin with.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,514 times
What is an average that cosmeotologist make a year? I cant decided if I want to go to school for this are not!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,429 times
Nope I want quite - I talk to people all day long and it is a great break for me and quite time for me away from my children (even though I love them to pieces... it is nice to get a break and relax)!

Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,635 times
I was going to the same stylist for over 10 years and knew everything about her and visa versa till she packed up and moved back to Isreal, as in the country. Damn it !

I like friendly chit-chat ... However, I think it helps to go to a good salon, and be a good tipper ... lol!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 12:42 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,998 times
i like a stylist who shows interest in me during my appointment. But, I do not want a yacker

Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Agreed. I have a cut and color when I go to my appt. so I am there at least an hour. I do want some conversation but not constant. She usually leaves me alone while under the dryer so I read a magazine or just close my eyes and relax. Then on to my favorite part the wash and head massage. So relaxing. Any good stylist can talk and give you a great hair cut at the same time. I pay more than going to the budget chains $75.00-$100.00 for color and cut, but it is well worth the end result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty