Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 12:25 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
So's her face. (Lift & injections)
I read that, after posting. But she got those after 50. When she was 50, she was still natural (face), and looked pretty young, anyway. IMO she doesn't need all those extras. Why is she pressuring herself that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 01:12 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Off the top of my head: Monica Belluci(50), Jennifer Aniston(45), Cameron Diaz(42), Catherine Zeta Jones(45).

And the manager of my local Dunkin Donuts, she looks to be mid 40's and I would sleep with her in a second. Kind of intimidating to be honest, seeing as I'm only 25.

Old 12-24-2014, 01:20 PM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Here's another beauty - Lynda Carter, age 63:

I have to agree that I like to see people aging naturally and gracefully with no "alterations". Maybe just a MINIMAL tuck and some haircolor or whatever if someone chooses to do so. Those who just take care of themselves without all the crazy surgery and fillers look and age the best. And it is true that there are different kinds of "sexy" and beauty. As someone mentioned, in France (and other countries) older women are REVERED, and found to be just as desirable or even more so that their younger, less experienced counterparts. As they say, beauty in the eye of the beholder.

It is sad that in America everything is geared towards youth and the superficial. We are ALL going to get old (if we are lucky), so let's just do all we can to take care of ourselves and be the best we can be for whatever age we are!

Old 12-24-2014, 04:51 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Richard Branson would top my list. He was still drop-dead-GORGEOUS at Sixty - even with all his sun damage. It helps to still have hair, and to have long hair and facial hair. He knows how to maximize his attractiveness.

And for nonwhites, Fred Ward (star of the original Tremors, and an Indian, like me). http://www.fantastique-arts.com/photos/2862.jpg He was 48 when he was looking so studly while fighting Graboids in Tremors.

And for men who've lost their hair, creepy pothead Woody Harrelson looked great until about age 50.

I haven't looked-up their ages, but someone showed me recent nude photos of Kurt Russell and Dolph Lundgren, and (while not in tip-top-shape) they still are hotter than most nineteen-year-old "football standouts".

And I agree with the OP: most people have lost their 'hotness' by age 45. In fact, the downslope between 19 and 30, for most people, is very steep. And they're wrecks when they hit the bottom of that slope, at 30.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:35 PM

348 posts, read 327,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Richard Branson would top my list. He was still drop-dead-GORGEOUS at Sixty - even with all his sun damage. It helps to still have hair, and to have long hair and facial hair. He knows how to maximize his attractiveness.

And for nonwhites, Fred Ward (star of the original Tremors, and an Indian, like me). http://www.fantastique-arts.com/photos/2862.jpg He was 48 when he was looking so studly while fighting Graboids in Tremors.

And for men who've lost their hair, creepy pothead Woody Harrelson looked great until about age 50.

I haven't looked-up their ages, but someone showed me recent nude photos of Kurt Russell and Dolph Lundgren, and (while not in tip-top-shape) they still are hotter than most nineteen-year-old "football standouts".

And I agree with the OP: most people have lost their 'hotness' by age 45. In fact, the downslope between 19 and 30, for most people, is very steep. And they're wrecks when they hit the bottom of that slope, at 30.
I don't.....I didn't even start to feel old until I was 34-35. Even yet today, I still can work circles around men half my age....

Outta the way son!!>>>>>>>>>.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:56 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Not reading through everything but I think guys are thought of as nice looking as they mature much more so than women. I'm 54, female and dang fine looking!

Old 12-24-2014, 11:14 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Rebecca De Mornay

Old 12-25-2014, 11:03 AM

20 posts, read 18,188 times
Probably too many to list or think of. Now a days 45 isn't "old" anymore. It's almost hitting middle age snce more people are living past 100. I know a couple women in their 60's who still got it. Christy Brinkely 60, Monica Bellucci 50 (amazingly beautiful), Sophia Loren 80, Jane Fonda 77 . 45? that's just a baby.

Christy
images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEViRnTpxUFT4AsUcPxQt.?p=Christie+Br inkley&fr=&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Monica
images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVisLU5xU2DcAhisPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBs a3ZzMnBvBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&va=monica+bellucci&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Last edited by CaptGrohain; 12-25-2014 at 11:12 AM..

Old 12-25-2014, 11:04 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post

19-30 is a steep downslope? I can't disagree more. Maybe for people who don't look after themselves and do hard drugs on a daily basis. That's the prime time of life.

From 40-65 is the steep downslope for most.

As for men who lost their hair, Jason Stathem is 47, Patrick Stewart is 74, both are good examples.

Woody Harrelson, well here's how he feels about your comment:

Old 12-25-2014, 11:35 AM

20 posts, read 18,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Not reading through everything but I think guys are thought of as nice looking as they mature much more so than women. I'm 54, female and dang fine looking!

I think that's partly because as we age we lose the soft supple skin we used to have. Both men and women. And we always associate women with softness, no matter what. Men are associated with how rough tough and rugged they are (as a whole). Not all ofcourse. But as a gender. So the "rougher and tougher" the male looks as he ages the more it matches the characteristics of being the prominent standard male. So it's almost normal for a man's face to look rugged with tough looking skin, while it's out of the norm for a womans face to look like that.

Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty