Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 06:35 AM

6,997 posts, read 4,811,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefair View Post
Hair moose like wtf
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 12:57 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefair View Post
Hair moose like wtf
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Lol
It used to be all the rage in the 80’s, when people wanted ‘big hair’.

I tried some again not so long ago, but it wasn’t as ‘sticky’ as I remember, so it didn’t hold my hair so well. Everything for your hair has got to be “Non sticky” these days, but on the down side of that, you lose a lot of the hold.

Old 12-22-2021, 01:31 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,059,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Powder for the most part. I only use it on my eyes to thicken my lashes. Never use it on my face.

Primers.

I agree with the poster about contour powder. I use brown eye-shadow.

Lip-liners, usually. I have several and rarely use them.
I like lip liners - I think your lips look better when you define the shape first, and then fill them in with lipstick. What I don’t like seeing is women with thick dark lines around their lips, and then they use a lighter lipstick.

If you gonna use lip liner, then at least make sure that you keep the pencil sharp, so you get a thin line around the edge of your lips. And there are so many liners around these days, that it should be quite easy to match one to a lipstick.

I think lipstick looks better when it’s applied with a brush, as well. Although I realise that all these things take up time - so I have been known just to apply lipstick from the tube, without the use of a brush, or even lining my lips first.

Old 12-22-2021, 05:20 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
For me, the following did nothing for me:
Eyelash curler
Undereye concealer
Age spot creams

I found a good mascara that works for me. I used to used lash primer but it led to too much clumping, even new.

For my skin I got laser therapy. Now the only things I use on my face are moisturizer and sunscreen.

As for undereye puffiness, only a surgeon can help me there.
Did the laser therapy actually remove the age spots permanentlly? How long did it take to heal from the treatment?

I have a few and hate them. It is frustrating because I never was a sun worshiper, even in the 1970's when all my friends layed out and baked in it. But, as you say, nothing works to remove them or fade them - nothing. And other than those, I have really good skin for a 60 something.

I am considering getting the laser treatment. I would appreciate your sharing your experience, or feedback from anyone else that has had them removed by laser treatment.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:35 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,963,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Did the laser therapy actually remove the age spots permanentlly? How long did it take to heal from the treatment?

I have a few and hate them. It is frustrating because I never was a sun worshiper, even in the 1970's when all my friends layed out and baked in it. But, as you say, nothing works to remove them or fade them - nothing. And other than those, I have really good skin for a 60 something.

I am considering getting the laser treatment. I would appreciate your sharing your experience, or feedback from anyone else that has had them removed by laser treatment.
Me too! I'm thinking about getting it and I find that I trust the experiences of people on CD more than reviews I find online for products or services. I know CD is "online" but it's a different kind of online

Old 12-23-2021, 06:33 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
Honestly, I'd say EVERY single "beauty" product is a fraud. In my opinion, the recipe for beauty is physical (eat well, drink lots of water), emotional (focus on the good in your life), and most importantly, spiritual.

"Man looketh on the outward appearance but the Lord looketh on the heart."

The older I get, the more I try to look past the physical, and look "on the heart."
That's well and good....unless you're trying to appeal to a man. THEY sure don't "looketh on the heart." At least that's not the first thing they look on.

I am healthy. I need to drink more water, though. But no healthy eating or drinking of water will make my deep nasolabial folds go away, or make my droopy upper eyelids perk up. Or firm the jawline. I wish health lifestyle WOULD do those things.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:54 PM

6,997 posts, read 4,811,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
It used to be all the rage in the 80’s, when people wanted ‘big hair’.

I tried some again not so long ago, but it wasn’t as ‘sticky’ as I remember, so it didn’t hold my hair so well. Everything for your hair has got to be “Non sticky” these days, but on the down side of that, you lose a lot of the hold.
I know, I understand. I was lol-ing about the visuals that hair moose brought up. It’s mousse, not moose. Moose is a very large antlered deer.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:34 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I dont get concealer for under eye color correction. How do you use and what does it do?
Use a warm undertone and a shade or two lighter than your own skin. The warm yellow undertone will counteract the blue of the dark circle.

Here’s where you’re going to have major differences. I put a small dot of concealer on the outer edge of my eye, and I put a small dot of concealer on the inner edge of my eye. I blend with my ring finger by patting gently. If you wear a lot of make up, two little dots are not gonna do very much. You’re going to want to use more.

Concealer is a very thick product. In fact, there are actually differences in concealers. I always try to use a radiant concealer which I believe is actually a little thinner and lighter. And some people will prefer using brushes or sponges to apply. My dark circles aren’t very bad and I can’t stand foundation at all so the little concealer I wear has a big job to do, and it does it pretty well. I’m also older so using a thinner and lighter concealer means it doesn’t go into my lines and crevices.

Using a few shades lighter means it also kind of acts like a highlight. The problem with my skin is I am already really pale so the most I can ever do is one shade, if that. It’s very hard to find a drugstore shade that’s light enough.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:40 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't even think of something that I would consider useless, because if I don't use it it's not really on my radar.

I do have to say that I love my eyelash curler. How do y'all curl your eyelashes?

By pressing them up with your fingers against your brow bone for 60 sec. Then apply mascara to your lashes immediately. It works great for me.

Old 12-25-2021, 12:12 AM

19,391 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Exactly. I know women who would swear by eyelash curlers. Not even a make-up artist could curl my lashes. They just won't curl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I swear by eyelash curlers. Are you using them before or after mascara? I use mine before - I think most people do, actually. If you use them after mascara, your eyelashes can stick to the curler, if you are not careful.

I start off with the curler right at the base of the eyelashes, and press down on the curler quite hard. You have to be careful you don’t catch your eyelid though. Ouch! Then you can keep using the curler up through to the tip of eyelashes. So you are not using it just in the one place - you can curl different places throughout the eyelash. Then brush through some mascara, base to tip.

I once bought myself some heated eyelash curlers. They were a complete waste of money! I had to let them heat up then hold them against my eyelashes - they did nothing! The manual ones are much better.
My eyelashes are pretty straight. I've tried an eyelash curler in the past, but I *did* pinch my skin And most people don't seem to mention that. Your delicate eye skin! It hurts!

Anyway, that's still not the main reason I don't use them. The main reason is that I think my eyes look too wide-open, like not me. I like to put on mascara and sweep it more to the outer corners, like the doe-eyed look. Looks way more natural on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty