Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Are Your Favorite Designs/Patterns in Your Clothing?
Solids 11 29.73%
Floral 2 5.41%
Paisley 4 10.81%
Dots 1 2.70%
Stripes 3 8.11%
Abstract 0 0%
Geometric 1 2.70%
No single favorite 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 09:18 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Pastels don't work in the Fall, solids do. How do you get around Fall with pastel?
How does a pastel by default fall into the the "not solid" category?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:43 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetelle View Post
Animal prints, especially the smaller patterns.

I think animal prints on an older woman look...well, like a h**rny old br**d!

Old 05-13-2015, 09:12 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Where are the Plaids ? They are always my favorite.

I'm gonna have to go with solids here (but only for tanks & polos).

Old 05-21-2015, 02:40 AM

24 posts, read 28,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I usually go for solids, just not all the time. I do hate plaid with a passion, though, and always have.
I purposefully select almost all my clothes in solid colors and have done so for years because I like the calm feeling I get from large swaths of a single color. I generally avoid patterns because they are too busy for my tastes.

But I have a few shirts and vests with some patterns that I like.

My favorite shirt is red and has a strange India-Indian pattern all over the front. It's starting to wear out because I like to wear it so much.

I also have two subtly patterned vests that I wore frequently while I was a teaching assistant and had decided to look "scholarly." One has vertical pinstripes that I like very much. The other is...PLAID. I actually like plaid quite a bit. I like the way plaid allows surprising color combinations. I even like wearing men's plaid underwear as shorts! My child currently has some nice bright blue plaid underwear that I am eyeing because I know he's going to outgrow them (it?) someday, and when he does, they will be mine.

I have a light blue turtleneck with little white snowflakes all over it. That shirt always makes me happy to wear in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I don't like dots, I am wary of paisleys, and as a man sometimes I don't want to wear florals. No preferences among the rest.
You have to watch out for those paisleys...you never know when their little wild tails will whip around and get you.

I developed a thing for paisleys when I was in high school. My favorite paisley-covered item of clothing was a cool sweater that had one giant paisley on it. Paisleys were popular then and I ended up liking them despite myself, because really I don't like the weird, wiggly shapes and colors of paisleys. I got swept up in a paisley craze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I think animal prints on an older woman look...well, like a h**rny old br**d!
My second favorite shirt is a red leopard print shirt. I don't think I'd like it if it were tan or brown like real animal fur. I like animal prints in odd colors. I don't know what that says about me except I do like animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty