Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,553,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Kate Moss isn't an apple though she has skinny legs. Apple shapes have no waist no matter how skinny they get and they tend to carry weight in their faces and their necks as well as their bellies.
I never claimed that Kate Moss was remotely apple shaped.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you don't like the look of your body. Change it.
Agreed here. Unless you have medical issues that cause it. Otherwise, you could try working out, and build a healthier body. And it's said exercise when done enough really does wonders for a person's mood.

However, yes. People with many shapes can be nice-looking to different people. Looks are subjective and everyone won't like the same thing. Though yes, some people do have an appearance that appeals to a larger number of people. But even they have some who don't think anything of them.

1 lady I know hated on this guy's girlfriend. Stating she had an apple shape, shirt ugly hair, and wasn't cute enough to be with him. But she was just hating because at the end of the day, the guy she wanted to date was dating her. So he loved her apple shape, and other qualities about her. That's why she was his girlfriend.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:26 AM

37 posts, read 33,629 times
As a few people have said, if you want to change your body shape you have to put in hard hard work. If you get your body fat down, your shape will look great. Alot of models have skinny legs and butts. But are you willing to spend 5-6 days at a gym for an hour and actually working hard and sweating hard during that hour vs going through the motions with modest effort like I see so many do at the gym? And even more important, are you willing to eat healthy, keep calories below 1500 (or the proper level for your body, lots of apps out to track calories that you eat). You probably should be eating half the calories you are now I am guessing. If you are not, then you just have to accept your shape and deal with it and not complain. Because you actually can change it with hard work.

Old 02-10-2016, 06:29 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,302,526 times
If life gives you apples, make apple pie!

Old 02-10-2016, 06:39 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
It is what it is.

It's great that you have not opted to surgically alter yourself like the majority of the folks out there. It's soon going to be hard to find a gal who hasn't had plastic shoved into her chest cavity and fat sucked from one place and put into another. I don't envy the single folks out there!

Plenty of people will like/love you just the way you are. The question is, why don't YOU?! You were given that build for a reason. Accept it. Like it. And realize you are you for a reason.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:25 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
I agree with everyone saying to work with and make the best of what you have. You cannot change your basic body shape, or where you store fat. You CAN make the best of it by keeping your weight in a normal healthy range and exercising to keep good muscle tone.

As others have said, fashion is fickle, when I was growing up TWIGGY was the ideal, women (including myself) starved themselves trying to look emaciated - and I never did achieve that look. I got super thin (for me) but STILL looked too "curvy" and I am not curvy other than a large bust. I am tall, with an elongated torso and long legs, large bust, small butt. But these days I accept and accentuate my good qualities (cleavage, legs) and camouflage the rest. And I have a wild and wicked sense of humour and am confident in myself.

OP just smile and accentuate the positive - no matter what we look like, what size or shape we are, what age young or old, there is someone out there who digs it. No one can ever appeal to 100% of the people, so be yourself and just "own it."!

Old 02-10-2016, 08:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Many celebrities have an apple shape. It's a good looking body shape and looks quite feminine so long as you stay thin.

It's a bad body shape to have if someone starts to gain weight. The apple shape shows any extra weight far more quickly than pear and hourglass shapes since the extra weight goes to the worst possible places first. Gaining a significant amount of weight can definitely cause some women with apple shapes to look somewhat masculine, at least from the rear.

Staying thin is the key because the minute I gain weight - it's in my stomach, arms, neck, face and impossible to hide. UGH. I would much rather have a big a## because that can be hidden in skirts, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What is sick is the fact that you dare to compare a healthy woman who has a natural shape that does not include *YOUR* acceptable body type to someone who endured, suffered through and survived the Holocaust........you should be ashamed on more than one level for more than one reason.
That was disgusting.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 AM

You can lose weight if you put in the time, dedication, and effort to doing so.

That isn't the same thing as changing your build, however. People whose shoulder breadth and pelvic span are notably disproportionate to one another aren't going to change their basic silhouettes through diet and exercise.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Staying thin is the key because the minute I gain weight - it's in my stomach, arms, neck, face and impossible to hide. UGH. I would much rather have a big a## because that can be hidden in skirts, etc.
LOL, spoken like somebody without a big ass. Skirts don't hide anything.

Might not be as immediately noticed as, say, a double chin, but, nah, not really easily hidden. Unless you stand behind a counter all the time or something.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,420,834 times
If your not happy with how your body stores fat, then burn it off! Counting calories doesn't do it. Making every meal a math equation is a waste of time. Do a Low Carb High Fat diet and the fat will burn off like crazy. You'll still need to exercise for health but if you can shake the "fat is bad" propaganda then you can loose it faster than you'd ever think. I lost 100lbs in less than a year. I'm a dude, but I also gain fat kinda stupid. Big gut in the front, nothing in the back. my face and neck get fat but my legs stay smaller. I did Atkins, but there are many LCHF diets out there. You can't change how/where your body fattens up, but you CAN burn it off and replace it with muscle (lean muscle for a woman) which stops the fat from coming back. PM me if you have questions on how to start. I'm nobody special, just someone who's been through it.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty