Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times

Advertisements

She should have read this,..but probably did and thought... Not for me ... Im special.
See-through fabrics, plunging necklines and cutaway dresses should be worn with caution. Weddings are family events and usually day to evening celebrations so steer clear of anything too daring or risqué.

These two mothers should have been shot .. too old too attention grabbing and too much.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ghter-law.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,326,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I was expecting something way more exciting than the outfit shown. She doesn't look gasp-worthy and scandalous, she just looks like a common tramp. And common tramp dresswear does happen at weddings. I call "whatevs."
Where I live, "common tramp dresswear" can be seen in church any Sunday. Teenage girls have to be driven to the door because their shoes are not suitable to enable them to walk from the parking lot. Grown men wear shorts. So this wedding attire doesn't surprise me in the least.

Old 07-07-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Where I live, "common tramp dresswear" can be seen in church any Sunday. Teenage girls have to be driven to the door because their shoes are not suitable to enable them to walk from the parking lot. Grown men wear shorts. So this wedding attire doesn't surprise me in the least.
Sounds like the olden days when young people went to church to eye up the talent and not for the church itself..

Old 07-07-2016, 05:29 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,004,356 times
That dress is totally inappropriate for almost anything I can think of that is legal. Can't believe she wore it to a wedding. Hopefully the bride is of similar mindset/style and didn't mind.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:30 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,766,031 times
The dress is fine. Too many people on here would prefer we copy Amish clothing, it seems. Her story, however, comes off as total attention whoring.

Old 07-07-2016, 06:55 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
The dress is fine. Too many people on here would prefer we copy Amish clothing, it seems. Her story, however, comes off as total attention whoring.
There is a HUGE, MASSIVE, WIDE range of options between that dress (which frankly belongs on a street corner) and Amish. Even the blue dress she's pictured in somewhere upthread is MUCH more appropriate than the dress she wore to the wedding, and there certainly nothing Amish about it.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:08 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,943,170 times
How many of these puritanical, judgmental commenters are female? I'm guessing, most.

As a male, I don't mind a little eye candy. And what a body! She can dress that way any day of the week, as far as I'm concerned.

As a thought experiment, suppose she had been an extra hundred pounds overweight. Would the "mean girl" types still say she should have been bullied? "Fat woman in skimpy dress gets beer poured on her by outraged wedding goers" -- doesn't sound quite as appropriate, does it?

What kind of lowlifes would pour beer on someone at a wedding, anyway? If I were the groom I'd feel it incumbent on me to kick the beer pourer in their ample tush.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
How many of these puritanical, judgmental commenters are female? I'm guessing, most.

As a male, I don't mind a little eye candy. And what a body! She can dress that way any day of the week, as far as I'm concerned.

As a thought experiment, suppose she had been an extra hundred pounds overweight. Would the "mean girl" types still say she should have been bullied? "Fat woman in skimpy dress gets beer poured on her by outraged wedding goers" -- doesn't sound quite as appropriate, does it?
Blah blah blah "mean girls" blah blah "eye candy" blah blah "Puritanical"

At least be original in your critique.

Just as there is a wide range of choices between what she chose and "Amish," acknowledging that there are appropriate ways to dress for various occasions doesn't make someone jealous or a "mean girl."

In fact, it's rare to see such agreement here among the responders, until you came along, of course, with your predictable "Sproingggggg!"

Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
To seek attention in this way, she must really have a screw loose. I can't even imagine it would help her business. I would think most people would want level-headed trainers with sober judgment.
Look at her face.

She has crazy face.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post

What kind of lowlifes would pour beer on someone at a wedding, anyway? If I were the groom I'd feel it incumbent on me to kick the beer pourer in their ample tush.
Its not puritanical at all.. Ive wore mini skirts first time round myself.. this however was worn for the most impact, attention seeking and an insult to the bride..If she had been my daughter Id have asked her to cool it down a bit.. but then she wouldnt dress like that..Its a wonder she didnt do some knee bends, press-ups and squats for maximum exposure or did she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty