Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 01:00 PM

118 posts, read 131,947 times

Advertisements

Any stage performer here? Do you have any makeup recommendation? I will be playing a townsperson in The Music Man at our community theatre. I don't have a name character but I will be front and center a lot. I have never been in the play before so I'm clueless.

Last edited by iruvrice11; 08-25-2016 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 PM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
The theater should have people who have dealt with this and can offer help.

Our local theater even has all the necessary makeup (except if you need your hair dyed).

Old 09-03-2016, 12:20 PM

118 posts, read 131,947 times
Anyone??

Old 09-03-2016, 12:32 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iruvrice11 View Post
Anyone??
I suggest you get recommendations from those who are also in the play with you. During or after rehearsals, ask them about their recommendations.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:39 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,284,845 times
I was once in a show in college where we had to do our own make-up. Basically, I think I just put on my regular make up but only heavier. I don't think I used pancake but you probably should. Eye liner, eye shadow, blush, & lipstick. Some people will outline their lips before putting on lipstick.

In that show, some of the people put liner on those lines from the sides of nose to the mouth. I think they also put liner on their "laugh lines" (the lines going from the side of the mouth, down.) What they didn't realize is by doing that, it made them look older. If you are playing an older character that was fine. This was a revue of some sort and we were doing numbers from different shows-not really playing a character.

After a performance, one of my professors saw the show and told me that I looked really good on stage and no one else did. Probably because I didn't use liner on those lines of my face. There was one act where we went out into the audience and I'm sure the audience probably thought all those others looked pretty scary. I know I did.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty