Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 01:45 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivers137 View Post
What are the best creams you know? To revitalize the skin. Make it look younger naturally. Tighten skin? that is 100% Natural
you wont find one, none are 100% natural... but look for one s with ingredients that dont end in Parabens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 07:17 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
I use old fashioned Ponds cold cream. I mix a small dab of the cream with a bit of Estee Lauder All Day foundation. Works great, doesn't look heavy or make-upy.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:07 AM

775 posts, read 776,559 times
Try Serious Skin Care, it is available on HSN. They do entire lines for different skin types and conditions and it is very reasonably priced. I have been using it for years. Coconut oil for body lotion. I live in the desert so use a lot of it.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:46 PM

503 posts, read 1,455,000 times
I have been using drunk elephant skincare this last month. It is pricey, but very good. Skip their marula oil and buy Acure organics wildcrafted marula oil.

Drunk elephant, their vitamin c serum is amazing: c firma. I love their lala cream. I really like their Peekee cleansing bar.

I am hating their sunscreen though.

They are supposed to be non toxic. Google drunk elephant blacklist, it is all the ingredients they leave out.

They also get 5 star reviews from beautypedia.com.

Also you need to eat healthy food, drink lots of water, get enough sleep.

Last edited by Desertrose34; 12-31-2016 at 09:38 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 07:20 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
I've had great success with Elizabeth Arden's Prevage line.

I'm a natural redhead with fair skin, but spent a lot of time in the sun in my younger days, sometimes burning quite badly. The damage from those years showed up in skin cancer (now treated) and a recent development of actinic keratosis - a pre-cancerous condition that appears as a crusty, raised lesion.

After using the Prevage products for about a month, I was surprised to notice that the lesion had disappeared. My skin overall looks so much better, and I am hooked. Pricey, but IMO worth it.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:35 AM

15,966 posts, read 7,032,343 times
I use Murads Perfecting cream, both the day which SPF and night which is lighter. They both make my skin look good.
I worry about applying SPF so much, daily. It is winter and I don't worry about sun so much. I am trying find a day moisturizer without SPF.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:12 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I've had great success with Elizabeth Arden's Prevage line.

I'm a natural redhead with fair skin, but spent a lot of time in the sun in my younger days, sometimes burning quite badly. The damage from those years showed up in skin cancer (now treated) and a recent development of actinic keratosis - a pre-cancerous condition that appears as a crusty, raised lesion.

After using the Prevage products for about a month, I was surprised to notice that the lesion had disappeared. My skin overall looks so much better, and I am hooked. Pricey, but IMO worth it.
I got a little sample bottle of that from Boots (Chemist). It is really good, but when I looked on the Boots website to see how much a full sized bottle was, I found out that it was £170! I'm not paying that much for it!

A lot of you have already mentioned coconut oil, and I have a night cream with coconut oil and olive oil in it, that works just as well as the Prevage. I find that if I use it before I go to bed, I look a bit better in the mornings!

Old 01-02-2017, 08:46 AM

19,720 posts, read 20,250,128 times
I recently got turned on to Nivea Creme.. Great for winter skin, I'm already in love with it.

The "natural" trend isn't exactly cutting it for me anymore. Gimme what works. Tried & true..

Old 01-02-2017, 11:13 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I have been using this mask 1-2x a week and my skin looks awesome the next morning.
First Aid Overnight Brightening Mask - belif | Sephora

At this stage I am doing mostly preventative brightening because I no longer have lots o hyperpigmentation to worry about. I did a whole lot of things to get rid of the dark spots but the most effective was using the boots botanicals full line of brightening from face wash to serum to day cream. That got rid of all my spots and left me even. Now I just use the serum, a the Ole Hendricksen red tea face wash and an SPF 30+. And I mix in an oil or heavier cream to the sunscreen to give myself enough moisture.

Then I do a few masks a week: Fresh Rose Mask, the mask above and recently Vichy's moisturizing mask. These 3 masks are great and give me the glow I had in my teens and 20s!

Old 01-08-2017, 02:02 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
I have been using drunk elephant skincare this last month. It is pricey, but very good. Skip their marula oil and buy Acure organics wildcrafted marula oil.

Drunk elephant, their vitamin c serum is amazing: c firma. I love their lala cream. I really like their Peekee cleansing bar.

I am hating their sunscreen though.

They are supposed to be non toxic. Google drunk elephant blacklist, it is all the ingredients they leave out.

They also get 5 star reviews from beautypedia.com.

Also you need to eat healthy food, drink lots of water, get enough sleep.
we should all be googling JUNK in face creams and makeup as well as perfumes too... and think again about what were plastering on our bodies.. there are now good alternatives to all this stuff that should be better regulated, time will tell.. in the next ten to fifteen years every company will have to clean up their act with whats actually put into their cosmetics...if we the consumer stop buying the junk cosmetics then they will have to change or go bust.. there are alternatives so please have a look at non toxic creams, make up and perfumes..

#DitchTheJunk | Breast Cancer UK same with your shampoo... I havent tried any of these on the list but make sure there are no formaldehyde , parabens or sulphates in your shampoos too.
https://sulfatefreeshampoos.org/sulf...poo-list/#list, dont go with... Organic,, or for sensitive skin or Pure,read whats in it first.... and please dont go with if its expensive cream or makeup, it doesnt make a bit of difference.. if it has these parabens, sulphates , formadehyde etc in them. ditch them all ...PLEASE.. sorry for going on, but Im genuinly trying to help all to stop these companies selling us dangerous junk..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty