Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 08:33 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times

Advertisements

Underwear is picked due to suitability to what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing unlined linen pants, I'm wearing skin toned granny panties. I find linen revealing, although not see through, so bikini underwear seems visible.

Not comfortable in thongs...not wearing them. Not comfortable going commando.

I get the idea behind feeling pretty about my underthings, but pretty underthings when you're big busted don't really exist. But I've known women who do the matching bra and panty thing, it's a gift they give themselves that's like a secret weapon.

So toss the ugly ones. There are cute high waisted panties for the times you need them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 08:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
Ever known something like that to happen? Wonder what would be more embarrassing having that happen and be wearing granny panties or happen to be going commando that day
If you need emergency medical care, I would think your underwear would be the least of your concerns.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:38 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,554 times
I have some "sturdier" pairs I save for that certain time of the month (I don't use tampons unless there is swimming involved)... they aren't that comfortable but hold pads well.
so yea I don't usually wear those...

Old 12-30-2016, 09:12 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,766,438 times
I've held onto underwear waaaaay longer than I should have. Holey and worn out elastic. It's when they are falling down inside my pants due to non-existent elastic that I finally throw them out....

I did just buy a new pack of Hanes hi cuts. Now I cannot believe I waited this long to buy them! Bra and undies do not match - in fact, I usually wear sports bras, only donning "regular" bras to wear dressier tops.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:49 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,065 times
You should definitely toss out underwear that you're not happy with anymore...

My style is pretty casual most of time (mainly fitted tees and snug jeans), so I love to indulge in sexy & fun undies whenever I get the chance. I do have have some practical ones (no grannies-ugh!) for that time of the month though, when I'm feeling blah and out-of-sorts and wanting to give some people the bird. Heck, even the practical ones can be fun if you get the right cuts.

Life's too short for depressing underwear...

Last edited by Gretchen963; 12-31-2016 at 01:12 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 08:58 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,314,747 times
hey..

I'm a granny 12 times over and I wouldn't be caught dead in granny panties.

OP, what the heck are you saving them for? Throw them out if they're old and worn out.

My undies never match my bra anymore either. When I was younger, yes, but now I don't really give a hoot. I feel lucky just finding something that will hold these puppies up without them hitting my kneecaps.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:01 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Mom always told me to wear decent underwear in case I was hit by a car and had to go to the ER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ Hahaha! It seems like everyone's mom said that. Seriously, I don't know anyone whose mother DIDN'T say that.
My mom used to say "clean underwear" .Certainly the same idea though. As a man I grab my underwear out of the drawer when I get out of the shower and give it no farther thought.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:09 AM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
My mom's motto was nobody can see your underwear so it doesn't matter what you wear underneath. But I can see it and some of my exes have seen me in unflattering underwear. Kinda embarassing to be wearing granny panties or panties with holes in them haha. Not very sexy. Over time they wear out. It's hard to find underwear I love wearing. Just curious, do you love wearing all of your underwear?
"Love wearing" and "underwear" never come up in the same sentence in my mind. I don't think about my underwear. It's utilitarian; I don't care. Why would you wear underwear with holes in it? Can't you afford to replace your worn-out undies? My exes didn't care what underwear I wore, because by the time they saw it, it was coming off, right? That's all they care about.

I can't relate to being "excited" about underwear.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 12-31-2016 at 10:15 AM..

Old 12-31-2016, 09:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ Hahaha! It seems like everyone's mom said that. Seriously, I don't know anyone whose mother DIDN'T say that.

Back on topic...

Absolutely throw away worn out underwear. When the ugly ones wear out throw them out, too. Stop buying ugly panties. There are plenty of nice panties to choose from.

Why not buy Jockey or Hanes cotton multipack varieties? They're attractive enough if you get them in certain styles, e.g., bikini, French cut, high-cut. That's what I wear most of the time and I like them. They're cute enough, comfortable, look fine under clothing, come in a wide variety of colors, don't wear out quickly, easy to care for, and inexpensive.

The Jockey French cut have become my favorite; I think I have 9 of them now. I have a few sexy panties but they haven't seen any action in years. I just refuse to wear anything around the house that is so horrid I would be embarrassed if I had unexpected company or had to be rushed to the hospital. Nothing makes you feel blech more than wearing ugly, ill-fitting clothing or undergarments.

Life's too short to wear ugly panties or ugly anything for that matter. I have never owned a pair of granny panties (I'm 62) in my life other than maternity ones when I was pregnant. Right now Victoria's secret is having their semi-annual sale; you can probably pick up 5 panties for $25. Stock up when they are on sale. I used to wear matching bra & panties but since nobody sees them anymore I settle for being in the same color family.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:26 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Normally I wear G-strings and thongs. When Aunt Flo comes, so do the granny panties. I've ruined too many pairs of my pretty lacy ones when that time of the month rolls around, so that's one of the rare times when ugly is in/on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty