Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 02:17 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times

Advertisements

Go to a really good makeup tattoo artist. They will fix it with feathering and you won't be able to tell. DO NOT go to a regular tattoo place - they do not use the right types of inks. It will fade over time, but you can get it redone.

Another beauty here with a former messed up eye brow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 02:26 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.
What about using eyebrow pencil? Maybe a well-done tattoo used in combination with eyebrow pencil? I don't know if it is vertical and fairly narrow or runs along with your eyebrow. Don't do anything drastic/permanent too fast - give it time to fully heal...and don't even use makeup on it until the skin is completely unbroken. You could consult with a plastic surgeon and they might recommend non-surgical solutions. Good luck!

Old 03-22-2017, 03:52 PM

322 posts, read 286,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think scarred eyebrows look awesome and add character to your face. Don't worry about it.
Me too! I think eyebrow scars look badass.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:36 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times
I doubt that a cancer patient or an alopecia sufferer would feel sorry for you. Be grateful for what you have and don't sweat the little stuff.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:37 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think scarred eyebrows look awesome and add character to your face. Don't worry about it.
Yeah, you can always tell when someone had an eyebrow piercing that grew out--it adds character.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:41 PM

21 posts, read 18,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion this is not a real situation because I can't imagine anybody outside of maybe the Kardashians would be so upset over a scar on their eyebrow. I think your issues appear to go much further than your eyebrows. I can't imagine how you would feel if you lost a body part.

Grow your bangs longer and nobody will ever see your eyebrow.

Stop right there lol. I just had a conversation with a close family member and I told her, I rather lose a finger than lose my facial beauty (eyebrow). And she was like, I agree, I am the same way.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times
There is interesting passage in The Grapes of Wreath by Steinbeck.
It's a story of a one legged prostitute. She was known to charge double what others did and every time someone asked her, how come, she said - You can find a two legged one everywhere for less, sure. But I am the only one.

Point to this is, OP, look at it this way. It actually makes that eyebrow point of interest, of attraction. Special. You know what I mean?

Old 03-22-2017, 04:45 PM

21 posts, read 18,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Go to a really good makeup tattoo artist. They will fix it with feathering and you won't be able to tell. DO NOT go to a regular tattoo place - they do not use the right types of inks. It will fade over time, but you can get it redone.

Another beauty here with a former messed up eye brow.
Exactly what I am going to do... thank you. Micro-blading for now... when it heals up.

---
eyebrow transplant down the road when I can afford it without making me cringe.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:00 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
yourrrr sooo vane,,,,i bet you think this eyebrow is about you,,,dont you

an eyebrow transplant???
never heard of it.. this has got to be a joke...

Old 03-22-2017, 06:17 PM

201 posts, read 195,196 times
Sylvia Vane,
It's your money, so no one's got any business telling you how to spend it. Everyone wastes money and everyone worries about what other people think to a degree and wastes money trying to impress strangers. I feel there is nothing wrong with people doing things to their appearance if it is for the right reasons.

That being said- 2 weeks is a very short time. I assume you are seeing a dermatologist for the retin A. You should talk to them about how much this is bothering you. 2 weeks may not be enough time to do anything with a laser to reduce scarring BUT you don't want to wait because there may be a better topical for you to use or technique like keeping it covered etc to reduce scarring.

Give the dermatologist a call and explain the situation. Worse case situation you probably just need a laser treatment which a dermalologist or plastic surgeon can do.
NG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
I wouldn't consider myself a beauty, but I really prized my eyebrows. Two weeks ago, I fell and punctured my left eyebrow which required stitches. Now that it is heal, stitches remove, I have a patch of bare skin. The bare skin isn't even clear, but there's like an indention *not too concern about pink skin*, but it's darken. And it's in the inner part of my eyebrow, the outer part would had look better.. People at work tell me "oh it's healed up!" which the black/blue eye didn't bother me because I knew that was temporary, but I know I have a scarred eyebrow.

I apply Retin-A/Hydroquinone at night to get the pigmentation to blend, and sunscreen at day.

But I am at lost at words on what to do. I even told my family, I don't see anyone right now, and they told me I am too vain. I took great in my looks, and now my face looks like a scarred cat. It's like even if I was ugly, the patchy eyebrow just distracts people.

I cannot afford eyebrow transplant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty