Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 05:51 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times

Advertisements

Only when I have to, so about once a year or every two years. I bought closed toe shoes last fall, as my only other pair of wet weather shows were leaking. This month I need to buy a pair as we are going to a wedding, & I need to match my outfit. Then I hope that will be it for another few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 09:05 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
Fortunately, I live in Hawaii so I don't need to buy shoes at all. Generally every several years or so, I'll get a new pair or two of Scott sandals. We call them 'slippers' in Hawaii, although frequently on the mainland they're called 'flip flops'. Old style Hawaiian was 'go aheads'. But, whatever they're called, about every other year I'll buy a pair and since they're Scott's, my old ones aren't worn out so there's quite a few of them around now. If you live the right kind of lifestyle, those will be the only things you need on your feet.

If we go to the mainland in the wintertime, we'll stop by a thrift shop and buy warm shoes and socks, but we usually put them back on our way back home. We don't need them here and they'd just take up space.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
I buy them whenever I find a pair I cannot live without.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:21 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
I just downsized from 45 pairs to 12.
3 dress
3 walking shoes
3 sandals
3 low heel.

If my podiatrist has his way, it will be two medical shoes...You know..The ones that look like the shoe box ? ..At this point if it brings an ease from the pain..I'll be glad to walk proper..

Old 04-08-2017, 08:07 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
I must buy 4 pair every time I buy a new bag; flats, heels, boots and sandals. I'm a firm believer in matching bag, shoes and belt.

I think my shoe habit may be hereditary; my mother was deeply puzzled about all the fuss created by the amount of shoes owned by Imelda Marcos!

Lately I've been looking at a deep green bag...now my shoe shop guy says he's thinking about a vacation to Europe soon.
My wife hates my bag obsession. She would kill me if I bought shoes to go with it But maybe I can shop for some great wedges to go with my bags. I really need elegant shoes anyway. If you aren't picky about new vs. used, check out ebay or Bonanza for pristine used ones. I'm a Botkier and Treesje gal, and I have gotten used ones that look like they have never been carried for $50-$75. They are older styles, but no one knows that but me.

When you mentioned deep green, the Botkier Uma came to mind, for me, but you may be brand loyal or high end, and these brands are somewhat lower end (normally around $600): Here it is on Bonanza. I have the same bag in grey. It is super elegant and beautiful!

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Bot...hEBBoCpQfw_wcB

Old 04-08-2017, 08:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
When Shepler's did factory outlet, it was about every 6-8 months I go get in a boot buying mood and buy 2-3 new pairs. They got out of that, though, and I haven't been to their new store more than once or twice. Once to find out their new policy, twice to get boot hooks.

There is another outlet around, not as great as Shepler's but decent enough, so say every 18 months to 2 years now.

Then there is the other side of the coin. My cobler and I have had a healthy relationship for decades (get my boots resoled, reheeled often).

Old 04-08-2017, 10:22 AM

876 posts, read 813,740 times
Once or twice a year. I walk about 1,200 miles per year, and wear mostly Keen boots and Clarks shoes. They seem to be pretty durable brands.

Old 04-13-2017, 11:40 AM

422 posts, read 397,163 times
More often than I should. Used to be a big sneaker head in my 20's, although I still love shoes and definitely buy my fair share--I don't lust after them as much as I used to. Probably 3-5 pairs a year. It's April and I've already gotten 2 pairs this year :P

Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-13-2017, 04:54 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,846,119 times
I dont. Well i buy them at the goodwill but last time i bought brand new shoes was with taxes this year ( duck boots) and then yesterday i made a pair of moccasins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty