Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 06:20 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times

Advertisements

Ditto..their stuff sucks. Find a store that you like...go and TRY THINGS ON...and buy them!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 06:52 PM

430 posts, read 335,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Ditto..their stuff sucks. Find a store that you like...go and TRY THINGS ON...and buy them!!!!
Send me the money to do this obvious thing...

But seriously, I obviously try clothes on before leaving but I'm extremely small. Mens smalls are too big everywhere I go, and not like I have cash to blow to get name brand small clothes. Until I have the money to buy and tailor every shirt I buy (and I go through hell just looking for XS shirts), I have to make due with the crappy material.

eBay: Keeps showing shirts I've tried, know just from looking their too big.
Amazon: Bought shirts, too big.
Wal-Mart: Smalls too big.
Target: Smalls too big.
Macys/JCPenney/TJ Maxx: Charges too damn much (I'm THAT broke).
Name brand: A slim fit from H&M Mens kind of fit me, with the sleeves not as baggy as usually. Cost was $25 for just that one shirt. So lets say I want to buy five. That would've been $100 for five shirts, excluding taxes. I currently can buy three shirts at Wal-Mart for just that $25. Do they fit as good? No, but neither does the H&M shirts. Does my bank account cry? No, and I can still afford clothes, food, gas, and feeding my pet.

Maybe in a few months I'll have the money, as of now I laugh at the 'go to namebrand stores' suggestions as I know I can't afford it. I'd rather take the long ass shipping time and hopefully find something fitting, that doesn't look like I ripped a sheet up and used it as sleeves.

I am literally that small, people.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:55 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Unfortunately, men's XS isn't as readily available as women's XS. For my cousin in Puerto Rico I had that same issue that the IZOD Advantage Polo in a Small size still ran large on him, that I had to return it and buy an X-Small Slim Fit. The only place I found it at the time was on Amazon.

You could perhaps try boy's XL, although boy's clothing is generally cut boxier.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:53 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Nautica
Just as a matter of information, Nautica is Taiwanese.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:37 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
Is there an Asian community where you live? If so, look for clothing stores there because they will have more selection in sizes that fit a smaller frame.

I dont' know about men's clothing on Amazon, but the women's clothing in the Chinese-made lines will have reviews and size charts for those pieces (NOT the Amazon size chart, but down below in the descriptions or to the side in the other photo views), and if you follow what those buyers are saying and the correct size chart, you can find decent pieces. I've done that with women's dresses and have 8 hits and 1 miss with those (and the miss is because I didn't give credence to what the reviewers were saying about the dress).

Old 09-10-2017, 09:58 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,341,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Just as a matter of information, Nautica is Taiwanese.
Nautica is not Taiwanese, they are owned by VF Corporation, an American company. Some Nautica clothing may be made in Taiwan and other countries, as very few clothes are made in the United States nowadays.

Old 09-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Unfortunately, men's XS isn't as readily available as women's XS. For my cousin in Puerto Rico I had that same issue that the IZOD Advantage Polo in a Small size still ran large on him, that I had to return it and buy an X-Small Slim Fit. The only place I found it at the time was on Amazon.

You could perhaps try boy's XL, although boy's clothing is generally cut boxier.
Some boys XL fit me, but not as good as they used to as the sizing is for a kid whose shoulders aren't quite developed and broadened. Unfortunately for me, I work out a lot (particularly chest and back these days) and mine kind just big enough to where it's too snug of a fit. As in the shirts are too tight around the shoulders and I tried on one that fit me great along the arms but damn, I was being choked!

Now I DO buy boys shirts to sleep in or a simple polo. Around this time of the year, with school starting and such, I am lucky to find a whole load of polos to wear, since there's enough schools with a polo shirt dress code that Wal-Mart carries them in bulk. By now, they're mostly on clearance. So I go and get them now while they're cheap and in my size. Found a nice pink shirt I wanted. Goes well with my grey pants . Saw a dark blue one that I'm getting soon. But sadly, many boys shirts that have the style I'm looking for (basic long sleeve that's good for work and personal use) are either too small or in mens and too big. Hence why I look for the Chinese clothes, as hopefully they'll fit me and work long enough for me to save money to get shirts that already fit from more expensive places and get the others tailored.

The struggle of having skinny arms but thickish shoulders!

Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 AM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times
the ebay shops I've looked at equate a women's US medium to an Asian 2xl.
definitely buy from a shop that has a good size guide. One said that the waist for a size L was 12". The cm measurement was much larger, so there's sometimes problems in conversion and translation.

Since a lot of clothing is trendy AND seasonal and of limited use, it makes sense to get inexpensive items that don't have to last forever.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
the ebay shops I've looked at equate a women's US medium to an Asian 2xl.
definitely buy from a shop that has a good size guide. One said that the waist for a size L was 12". The cm measurement was much larger, so there's sometimes problems in conversion and translation.

Since a lot of clothing is trendy AND seasonal and of limited use, it makes sense to get inexpensive items that don't have to last forever.
That's why I'm doing this. Until I have the money to get my current stuff fitted well, might as well go the cheap route and still look presentable. Maybe take care of the stuff so it lasts. Heck, I STILL have pants that fit me from four years ago when I was jumping fences and running/sliding/and jumping all over the place.

i am finding cheap clothes though, so I'm gonna buy a t-shirt from the site I like and see what happens when I get it. If it fits, I'm balling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty