Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 02:16 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Do you ladies ever fancy yourselves owning one or are there another brands that suit your fancy?

No...I'd rather have other jewelry. Rolex watches are a guy thing IMO....for the man that has everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
For the average consumer a Rolex is far too expensive. My wife and I wear Timex watches. My wife is very tiny and so she has to be selective. To give an idea how tiny she is, her height is 4 feet 10 inches or 147 cm and her ring finger is 3 1/4. I’m not that much bigger at 5 feet 5 inches or 165 cm and size 9 1/2 ring. For us today’s very large case size watches look oversized. We have to use smaller case size watches. I have three Timex watches. One is a dress casual analog with day/date. For work I have a stainless steel with white face analog easy reader. For yard work or during a particular shift (I work rotating shifts in a hospital boiler room) I wear a stainless steel digital Timex for the stop watch because some of my scheduled maintenance requires running diesel and electric fire pumps for a set time. He style of this digital watch looks professional for the type of work we do. Discount department stores offer generic watches that “function” and look OK but their build quality and durability is highly questionable. Such watches would be good if you’re giving one as a gift to a child who is going to outgrow o loose the watch. I bought one for my nephew when he was 9 and I was able to teach him how to tell time on an analog clock in less than 10 minutes. Some children’s watches have features to help them learn to tell time.

Old 06-06-2020, 10:23 AM

3 posts, read 2,786 times
Personally, I really like Rolex watches. Of course I have some original models for 20-30k dollars, but I want more) And I decided to Buy Replica Rolex Watches. rl]

Last edited by RonyJoshua; 06-06-2020 at 10:43 AM..

Old 06-17-2020, 06:08 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,333,320 times
My Rolex is still working fine after 40 odd years. I have sent it for servicing only once about twenty years ago. All my other watches - Bulova, Omega, Seiko - did not last more than 3, 5, 10 years. However, I now seldom wear any watch at all. If your city does not have a Rolex servicing centre, you might want to think twice about getting it. I paid around C$500 then to have it shipped to Toronto; all they did was to change the watch bezel and fine tuned it.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:35 AM

1 posts, read 560 times
no watches for me either

Old 06-19-2020, 06:52 PM

676 posts, read 649,217 times
To commemorate a very special occasion for us I had asked my wife whether she wanted a Rolex and she expressed zero desire for one, ever in her life. She said she preferred Cartier if anything but would rather have an even more modest dress watch.

The classic Tank model is 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost of the most popular Rolex at the dealer. I know another relatively well to do friend who purchases Rolex for his spouse - and complains she never wants to wear it as it doesn't fit her personality.

By comparison my type "A" personality executive female friend (with a high 6-figure salary to boot) loves Rolex and is constantly on a wait-list for some sort of rare model.

The conclusion I've drawn is Rolex isn't a staple material desire for women the same way a Louis Vuitton bag or Tiffany jewelry would be and is very personality-dependent, whereas for men I feel most have flirted with thinking of owning one in life.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:48 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svelten View Post
The conclusion I've drawn is Rolex isn't a staple material desire for women the same way a Louis Vuitton bag or Tiffany jewelry would be and is very personality-dependent, whereas for men I feel most have flirted with thinking of owning one in life.

Ita ....because men don't usually wear much jewelry & ofc most don't have purses either.....so....a watch they love like a rolex is really 1 of the few things they have to add to their style.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Casio watch for me.

Old 06-21-2020, 12:19 AM

399 posts, read 271,066 times
Yes I do Like Rolex watches in size 36mm and Cartier and Chanel J12 watches too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty