Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 09:24 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Seems strange an artist would not notice and remember all such things about someone he cares for and has seen often.
She's so pretty that I'm dazzled whenever I'm with her. Actually I think probably the only bad thing about her is her poor taste in men, noting that she's going out with me!!! She's been out of the country the last couple weeks, and expected home any time now, and we have a date planned as soon as she gets back! We're both Scorpio and both have birthdays this month, so I guess our next date is gonna be a dual birthday! I'll check out her nails then and report back.

The only reason I noticed her nails at all is because I always notice (and dislike) acrylics. I would have noticed them if she had them. Her nails don't stand out, they blend in to form a perfect style where you mostly notice just the full effect, not individual items. Okay she always has her Coco Chanel necklace and Coco Chanel ring. She sure loves her style! And so do I!

To be honest my eyes spend most of their time on her face, her eyes, and her smile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Um, OP is already "not a member" as he/she was a one-and-done poster who has been banned. So you are talking amongst yourselves.
We do that very well.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:31 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
We do that very well.
And we don't care!!!

I bet this topic will be opened by some newbie in 2028 and everybody is gonna tell them the topic is 10 years dead and the OP is dead too!

A topic can be a good topic even if the OP gets banned. This isn't probably the greatest topic but it mattered to some of us.

It interested me because my lady owns a nail salon.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:42 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Chipped, worn off nail polish is a complete turn off.

nothing > clear coat > fresh colored coat > chipped, flaking mess

Old 11-03-2018, 12:37 AM

3,253 posts, read 2,338,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't wear it for a number of reasons.

For one thing it isn't healthy. Nail polish is full of bad chemicals that enter your blood stream through the nail and travel directly to your liver. Then, the bad chemicals sit in your liver for the rest of your life. To their credit, a few of the companies that make nail polish have started to clean up their act a bit, giving folks not quite as bad of chemicals to lay on their nails to get into their blood stream and eventually come to rest in their liver.

It also isn't healthy for the nail itself. Many women have completely ruined nice smooth nails with gel manicures, as well as gotten fungal infections from acrylic/false nails .

Nail polish chips, and for some reason, especially the reds. If you cook without food service gloves, you cant help but eat some chips and even feed them to your family.

Ive heard vets complain that the darker polishes remind them of dead people.

My husband preferred short nails, unpolished. Maybe a lot of women wear polish for themselves or each other.
As I've said before, gel polish doesn't chip. Ever. It just doesn't, so no one is ingesting any chips. I've worn polish for probably 20+years and my liver numbers are great. Never had an infection of any kind. I wear it because I think my nails look much better with polish, so yes, I wear it for myself. I can only think of one woman I know who doesn't wear polish and she says that's because she hates her hands and doesn't want to draw attention to them.

Vets? As in veterans or veterinarians? What a strange thing for either of them to say. Does either group deal with a lot of dead people? How weird for a whole professional group of people have the same strange thought. Do dead people often have on dark red or any other color of dark nail polish? I've missed that. And why would vets (of either kind) know that? My husband's a veteran and he's never mentioned that. I'll have to ask him. I know he's not overly fond of blue nails but he likes my dark red nails. But he, like my sons, like 'girly girls' and I supposed polish nails are part of that whole look.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
And we don't care!!!

I bet this topic will be opened by some newbie in 2028 and everybody is gonna tell them the topic is 10 years dead and the OP is dead too!

A topic can be a good topic even if the OP gets banned. This isn't probably the greatest topic but it mattered to some of us.

It interested me because my lady owns a nail salon.
LOVE the nail salons. Most women I know go every 2 or 3 weeks to have their nails done.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Women wear nail polish? Why?
I do it for many reasons but the main reasons is because my nails look so much better when the salon makes them all a uniform length and there are hundreds of colors to choose from. It's fun and looks good!

Old 11-03-2018, 02:13 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huyenle071090 View Post
Guys love girls wearing nail polish.
Mod cut.
Silly question. Guys love girls wearing nail polish, especially if they're not wearing anything else.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:51 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Silly question. Guys love girls wearing nail polish, especially if they're not wearing anything else.
Not me....I do NOT want to see most women now-a-says with clothes, let alone without! I want to go back to the eighties not the two-eighties!

Old 11-03-2018, 08:28 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rummage View Post
That's extremely rare.

Google it.
Not quite as popular as some other fetish but probably more widespread than one might think. Just not everyone announces it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty