Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:26 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Gee, I'm almost 55 and my feet still look fine..they get really dry due to living in the desert southwest thus the need for pedicure now and then...hey if the manicurist want my smelly feet in their face, they are welcome to have them! I love the look of smooth feet, nicely trimmed nails and pretty polish..I have never worn RED polish..but I love the pearly pinks and corals..

Guess it's just a matter of opinion...once you have a pedicure you are pretty hooked, though..like a facial or massage, lol..I like them all! I worked all my life and now is the time for a little pampering for ME...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 03:53 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
That is about the nastiest thing I have ever seen. The worst part are his feet, not even the nasty red flip flop thing going on. HIS TOES ARE HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I wear sandals, open on the back.

I wear them year around. If you don't like my feet then best to look away.

I can't stand wearing shoes, I don't even own a pair of socks. One of the things I LOVE about Florida is that the weather permits this.
I agree completely. I can't stand shoes. I have big feet and my toes are longer but my feet are not ugly by far. They are well manicured, very well-taken care of feet and they deserve not to be sufficated by leathers and what have you.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 PM

501 posts, read 1,946,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
And in honor of this topic I thought I'd pass along this friendly reminder

Just a friendly reminder, it's that time of the year again.

Please raise your big toes and repeat after me:

As a member of the Faux Paux Sisterhood, I pledge to follow The Rules when I wear sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free. I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow. I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back in to place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat, and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes look like they've been dragged behind her car on the way to work and no sandal in the world is going to make her feet look good.

I will promise if I wear flip flops, that I will ensure they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go to my local beauty school at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 and worth EVERY penny). I say spend another $15.00 and get an even better one.

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear...nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals...

For all our sakes, please don't keep this to yourself - pass it on to other Sisters.

May God Bless your Soles as well as your Soul!
Absolutely fantastic! THANK YOU!!!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 PM

501 posts, read 1,946,159 times
Thumbs down Unfortunately...

In MN you will find people wearing flip flops year round. Mostly it's people under, oh...lets say 30 years old. Guys and girls wearing them EVERYWHERE mind you...church, school, work, restaurant, even graduation and weddings (their own even).

It's not so much the nasty feet thing that makes me hate them so, it's that they are UGLY, annoying (flip/flop/flip/flop) and gross...a 1 inch sponge between you and the floor/ground. Eew. I personally find them uncomfortable anyhow; thingie between the toes and my arch is not comfy on that flat plank. I'm all for sandals (in warm weather) but flip flops are hideous.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
Its nice when weather permits and looks good.

What gets me around where I live is that people, women actually, wear them year round with everything. When I say everything, I do mean everything and everywhere. I contribute it to the general laziness of today's youth.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:43 AM

355 posts, read 990,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I think flip-flops are strictly for the pool or the beach, ESPECIALLY if you are over 40. No one, and I repeat, no one, has pretty feet after 40. Old women with their flip flops on, big dark red toenails and toe rings, ewwww! But I especially hate to see a man in flip-flops, so un-manly, ick, please Dudes, spare us.

I also have never understood the audacity of people who go to get pedicures. It's like "Hey, here's my smelly feet in you face, now clean them and clip them while I watch". Sorry, I know I'm in the minority here!
But the people doing the pedicures have chosen that profession....they want you to be there so they make a living. And trust me when they are working on my feet, they get a real nice tip.....I figure they work hard for their living and deserve to be appreciated for it.

Oh, and I am over 40 by quite a few years and I think my feet still look good....but then again I get trimmed and buffed alot. But no way do I wear dark red polish.....more like coral or pale pink.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 AM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
I don't know that pedicurists particularly WANT to do it, I think it's kind of like choosing to be a mortician, it's an icky job, but you can make good money at it because it would be too repelling a job for most people!

That's alright, I guess people who think their feet are so attractive in flip-flops will just continue to gross out those of us who think they are not. Just please, flip-floppers, keep you feet clean. Nothing like walking behind someone whose flip-flopping along, flashing their dirty/cracked heels at you each time they take a step. That's always classy.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:04 PM

355 posts, read 990,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I don't know that pedicurists particularly WANT to do it, I think it's kind of like choosing to be a mortician, it's an icky job, but you can make good money at it because it would be too repelling a job for most people!

That's alright, I guess people who think their feet are so attractive in flip-flops will just continue to gross out those of us who think they are not. Just please, flip-floppers, keep you feet clean. Nothing like walking behind someone whose flip-flopping along, flashing their dirty/cracked heels at you each time they take a step. That's always classy.
I guess you're right.....I don't think I would want to be a dental assistant...I couldn't handle looking into a persons mouth who isn't very good with oral hygiene. But then again some people can.....I've been to some great hygienists....thank goodness for them. I have no idea what their wages are but I'm sure they must make a good salary.

And I have a question for you. Where the heck are you seeing all these gross feet? That would turn me off too!

Old 06-01-2008, 06:58 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,160 times
we only wear flip flops in florida.
I attempt to look at peoples faces rather then feet. ewh, if they are ugly ...maybe I look at their feet (j/k) =)

Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Some of you all judgmental much?

I would rather go barefoot in the summer, but I have to wear flip flops since most places have problems with bare feet. I walk my dog barefoot around the subdivision though. If you think feet are hideous, don't look at the ground!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty