Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 01:35 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times

Advertisements

Over the years I've had things I wore 24/7...my wedding ring, some gold studs, a diamond tennis bracelet. I've let my ears close up, got divorced, and the tennis bracelet came off when I broke my wrist over a decade ago and now lives in it's case. Several years ago I got the urge to buy something pretty for myself and I found a ring, and later a bracelet that I wore every day to work, I was known for my bracelet and got so many compliments on it! My job closed up last year and I haven't worn either since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 08:12 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,992,488 times
I like the jewelry brand Gorjana. It's casual enough to wear daily, yet nice. The quality isn't the best though. The posts on some of their earrings I have bent & broke off. I like some of Kendra Scott too. I love a lot of Movado watch styles.

Sometimes, I'll wear those gemstone, beaded stretchy bracelets like these:
https://www.orianalamarca.com/collections/all-bracelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Over the years I've had things I wore 24/7...my wedding ring, some gold studs, a diamond tennis bracelet. I've let my ears close up, got divorced, and the tennis bracelet came off when I broke my wrist over a decade ago and now lives in it's case. Several years ago I got the urge to buy something pretty for myself and I found a ring, and later a bracelet that I wore every day to work, I was known for my bracelet and got so many compliments on it! My job closed up last year and I haven't worn either since.

Oh that's too bad that you stopped earing your nice jewelry. What brand is that bracelet you used to wear daily to work?

Old 04-28-2021, 04:59 PM

I just bought some 2.5" Silver Tone Clear Crystal Pave' Hoop Earrings. I can't wait to wear them!

Old 04-29-2021, 10:06 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I like the jewelry brand Gorjana. It's casual enough to wear daily, yet nice. The quality isn't the best though. The posts on some of their earrings I have bent & broke off. I like some of Kendra Scott too. I love a lot of Movado watch styles.

Sometimes, I'll wear those gemstone, beaded stretchy bracelets like these:
https://www.orianalamarca.com/collections/all-bracelets

Oh that's too bad that you stopped earing your nice jewelry. What brand is that bracelet you used to wear daily to work?
My late husband indulged my love of jewelry. And I don’t have a brand that I like, I have a jeweler. Which my sister thinks is hysterical. But I have actually thought things up and had them made for me. My last thing was taking our original wedding bands and having them repurposed into a cuff bracelet.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Everyday Jewelry?-52940535-dbdd-484d-91fb-76a3cba67a93.jpeg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-3f88231e-3fb3-4f94-a49d-a6db0a994b13.jpeg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-c18d00cf-30af-44b9-a198-7df28dfec41b.jpeg  

Old 05-01-2021, 05:22 PM

Tallysmom, that's great that you have a jeweler. I kinda like the one I got my engagement ring from...they're a family-owned business. Thery're about 2 hrs away from me though, so I wish they'd open another location closer to me.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:54 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
I love jewelry. Here's what I wear 24/7 (all in silver or white gold or platinum):

Small hoop in upper ear (one ear). Multiple earrings in both ears, all small, total of three diamond studs and three small hoops. (More in left ear than right - I don't even know what that's supposed to symbolize because I basically just chose what side based on how I hold my phone and how I sleep - LOL).

Custom made fleur de lis necklace (smallish) that my late husband had made for me for our tenth anniversary, from my first wedding set, which he also upgraded at that time - SCORE! I don't wear my wedding set anymore since he passed away last year (more on that in a bit) but I love that he had this necklace made for me. I never take it off.

Smallish ring on right ring finger, that I often switch out - that's the ring finger that I "play" with when it comes to fun, funky rings.

Antique filigree ring instead of wedding band. I bought this for myself at Christmas. I also wear my mother's antique filigree ring on my pinky (it was her "pinky ring" too) next to it.

Toe ring.

I have a collection of fun watches and bracelets and statement necklaces (most of them very long) that I will also occasionally wear.

I'm tall so I can tend to carry this much "stuff" off well.

When my oldest granddaughter gets engaged, I plan to give her my wedding set. She loved, loved, loved her grandfather and she loves, loves, loves me too so it's fitting. I will enjoy seeing her wear it. He had it custom made for me from an antique set. It's got a nice sized and nice quality diamond in it too.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:53 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I was wondering if there were anyone else like me... I've never worn a piece of jewelry.

If I ever got married, I'd try to wear a ring, but I cannot stand the feeling of anything binding on me... even all shirts have to have a lower neck & buttons at the wrist so I can leave long sleeve shirts loose at the wrists... can't stand the feeling of anything around my throat, wrists, fingers, waist.

My grandma was the same. Neither of us could even wear scarves in cold winter weather... too suffocating.

I'll leave the sparkly eyes to you... no one ever told me they'd rather have my sparkly eyes than a diamond ring.
I am married but I don't wear my engagement ring or my wedding ring.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:57 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
The only thing I wear every day is a formal gold watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty