Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2021, 08:23 PM

12,786 posts, read 15,010,201 times

Advertisements

What everyday jewelry do you wear pretty much daily, even if running out to do a couple of errands?

I like wearing:

- engagement ring, which will be the same as my weding ring (I didn't want a set w/ an additional band)
- watch - I have various ones
- earrings - silver ones or some colorful, fun ones

Other jewelry I may or may not wear...depends on my mood that day:

- fun rings
- necklace
- bracelet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2021, 08:42 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,533,205 times
I have simple small white gold diamond stud earrings, and two additional tiny silver ball stud earrings in my left ear. I also wear a very small white gold diamond pendant that was once a ring belonging to my late mother. It was a cluster ring with three separate clusters that my sister separated into pendants for me, her, and my niece.

I wear all these 24/7.

Old 04-18-2021, 10:08 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,272,794 times
I got into making stretch bracelets a couple of years ago with the intent of maybe selling them someday. Prior to this I made some bracelets from my mother's old beaded necklaces to match my favorite earring that I inherited from her. Later on I was inspired by a stack of colorful stretch bracelets my friend gave me. For the most part, my bracelets don't have any metal beads (I might stick a charm on them) and I gravitate toward round beads and like to mix them with irregular shapes. I was tired of cleaning the tarnish off my metal jewelry and wanted something carefree and not so formal.

I've drawn inspiration from color combinations of I see on resort style clothing and the color splashed tops that I like to wear now that I'm in FL. I love these bracelets because they are so casual and I can mix and match them to what I'm wearing. I even ventured into making beaded bracelets for men. I've invested a ton into beads and supplies but I've been kind of depressed this past year so I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything.

Attached is a sample of my work. One of my favorite color combos is the "Peach-Mint" bracelet. The "mermaid" bracelet with all the charms was commissioned by my cousin for her granddaughter. The same cousin couldn't settle on a color for herself so I made a blue/green combo stack to go with her favorite shirt along with a christmas red/green/white combo stack that included a red/white bracelet with a "made with love"heart charm that could could be worn for Valentine's day. My cousin's daughter liked the valentine bracelet so much that I made one for her too! I have a friend here in FL who loves the color purple so I gave her a stack for Christmas. They came out surprisingly well so I made a bunch more. The "flamingo christmas" bracelet was for myself to match a pair of earrings I got to wear for the holidays.

Other than that it's earrings. For a while I was into long dangles but since I retired I've been keeping it small and simple. I like "lever back" style earring clasps so I don't have to deal with shoving a rubber stopper on conventional hook wire earrings. I've replaced a lot of the fish hook style wires on my earrings with lever backs.

I don't like wearing rings--even when I was married after awhile I stopped wearing my wedding band. I used to be into necklaces too but down here in FL it just gets too hot and sweaty to have something hanging around my neck.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Everyday Jewelry?-peachmint1.jpg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-lavendergreen.jpg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-purplepassion5stack.jpg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-bluegreenbracelet.jpg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-turtlebracelet.jpg  

Your Everyday Jewelry?-flamingo-christmas-bracelet1.jpg   Your Everyday Jewelry?-christmasstack.jpg  

Last edited by Daisy Grey; 04-18-2021 at 10:30 PM..

Old 04-19-2021, 01:30 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,470,241 times
One piece only.

Its a Ring . Its been re-set with a diamond from my mothers Ring. She had a larger ring size and they couldn't down size it without damaging the diamond or the gold band. So I said, lets redesign it .

I shall wear it til I part this earth or god forbid I lose it.

Not a fan of necklaces, bracelets , or earrings. They seem to get in my way at some point in my daily activity. Caught on a sleeve, tangled in my hair. Best to leave those fashionable items to the suave folks

Old 04-19-2021, 04:44 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,611,202 times
I have two chain bracelets that I wear 24/7, both in 2-tone gold, and I've got a fitbit watch that I bought a 2-tone gold band for that I wear except when it's charging or I'm showering/swimming. Other than that, i typically wear earrings and a necklace that go with whatever I'm wearing that day, although with my hair longer and mask wearing, I wear the earrings less often these days, maybe half the time so my piercings don't close up.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:10 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,408,437 times
I don’t leave the house without earrings. I feel naked without them.

Nowadays, I mostly leave the house to run errands, so I’ll wear my small silver hoop earrings. If I go to the doctor, I switch them up with others in my collection, depending on what I’m wearing.

When I was going to the office, I would always wear earrings and a statement necklace.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:13 AM

5,456 posts, read 4,064,328 times
One plain wedding ring, Fitbit watch (more tech than jewelry). If I am going out, earrings. In my volunteer gig, earrings and rings are the only jewelry that doesn't get in the way, and I have a lot of fun sets. Since mask time, my dangly earrings have been retired as they get caught up in mask elastic, so studs only. Also when the hand-washing for 20 sec. came about, I retired all but my wedding ring.

Old 04-19-2021, 05:46 AM

3,381 posts, read 1,977,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
I got into making stretch bracelets a couple of years ago with the intent of maybe selling them someday. Prior to this I made some bracelets from my mother's old beaded necklaces to match my favorite earring that I inherited from her. Later on I was inspired by a stack of colorful stretch bracelets my friend gave me. For the most part, my bracelets don't have any metal beads (I might stick a charm on them) and I gravitate toward round beads and like to mix them with irregular shapes. I was tired of cleaning the tarnish off my metal jewelry and wanted something carefree and not so formal.

I've drawn inspiration from color combinations of I see on resort style clothing and the color splashed tops that I like to wear now that I'm in FL. I love these bracelets because they are so casual and I can mix and match them to what I'm wearing. I even ventured into making beaded bracelets for men. I've invested a ton into beads and supplies but I've been kind of depressed this past year so I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything.

Attached is a sample of my work. One of my favorite color combos is the "Peach-Mint" bracelet. The "mermaid" bracelet with all the charms was commissioned by my cousin for her granddaughter. The same cousin couldn't settle on a color for herself so I made a blue/green combo stack to go with her favorite shirt along with a christmas red/green/white combo stack that included a red/white bracelet with a "made with love"heart charm that could could be worn for Valentine's day. My cousin's daughter liked the valentine bracelet so much that I made one for her too! I have a friend here in FL who loves the color purple so I gave her a stack for Christmas. They came out surprisingly well so I made a bunch more. The "flamingo christmas" bracelet was for myself to match a pair of earrings I got to wear for the holidays.

Other than that it's earrings. For a while I was into long dangles but since I retired I've been keeping it small and simple. I like "lever back" style earring clasps so I don't have to deal with shoving a rubber stopper on conventional hook wire earrings. I've replaced a lot of the fish hook style wires on my earrings with lever backs.

I don't like wearing rings--even when I was married after awhile I stopped wearing my wedding band. I used to be into necklaces too but down here in FL it just gets too hot and sweaty to have something hanging around my neck.
These are really pretty! I live in Florida too and since moving here my jewelry has become much more casual and colorful. I used to wear yellow gold necklaces and bracelets but now I'm enjoying colorful and less expensive jewelry. Sea glass items are a particular favorite of mine.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:05 AM

4,717 posts, read 3,273,537 times
My only true "everyday" item is an expensive Swiss watch, which I'm sure people assume is a knockoff because most of the time I dress pretty casually.

I have a giant stash of very good jewelry accumulated over 40+ years. I keep most of it in a safe in the house and always have a few pieces out at a time, rotating them every month or so. I always wear earrings when I go out and probably a bracelet and a ring on each ring finger. Sometimes I add a necklace.

Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,334,199 times
The only piece of jewelry I never take off is a delicate white gold necklace with 9 colored stones. It's very lightweight and I barely know it's there. Occasionally I have on earrings. Before the pandemic I would accessorize with a little jewelry when I went out but not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty