Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:42 AM

3 posts, read 43,621 times

Advertisements

Incase you have no idea what I'm talking about, an apple shaped body is what you have if your body stores most of its fat above the waist. So basically a pudgy belly, skinny legs and a small butt! It's the shape i have and i hate it with a passion. The fact that a tiny waist with thick shapely legs and butt are worshipped as the perfect body for a woman makes me feel so ashamed! Apple shaped bodies have fat in all the wrong places. I don't know if I'll ever accept my pudgy middle and toothpick legs. I have tried changing it with exercises to shrink my middle and pump up my butt and legs.
Sometimes when I do find myself slightly accepting my body shape i will see a woman with a pear or hour glass shape and how much better those proportions are and be right back to hating myself. We don't get to choose how our bodies are going to naturally look but if we could i bet NO ONE would choose the apple shaped body! I would choose a beautiful and proportionate hour glass shape.
Do you think i can ever accept my body?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:45 AM

22,566 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
Do you think i can ever accept my body?
Sure, with the help of a professional!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:05 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
It's a conscious decision to be positive about what you're working with.

I would argue that thick thighs and a prominent rear AREN'T universally considered beautiful, and not too many years ago were downright reviled (I am a bottom- heavy woman who came of age in a pre-JLo, pre- Beyonce, pre-Kim Kardashian world, and I remember when thick thighs, wide hips, and a big butt were largely considered fat and unattractive. Kate Moss and heroin chic matchstick-limbed waifs were the beauty standard.

Beauty standards are fickle, you can't win, so you might as well just learn to celebrate what you've got.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:11 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
And, learn how to dress your shape! You can trick the eye with the right clothing pieces!

Old 02-09-2016, 11:47 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
I always wished I could have the apple shape if it meant having a small butt. I could just work at keeping my fat % low, and then I would finally qualify to wear True Religion, Abercrombie, J. Crew and other cute pants that I could never get my azz in!

I'm also one of the ones who has the pear shape wayyyy before it was "in style" - I spent the late 80's and 90's hardly eating anything and I still couldn't wear those cute bottoms (think Junior small top and Missy size 12 mom jean.......UGHHHH)

I still don't get the big booty craze...i'd rather have big bazoombas than a big junk in the trunk haha

Old 02-09-2016, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 43,621 times
I just think it looks more feminine and nice. I'm not talking about a HUGE butt. Just something thick enough to compliment a slim waist. Keeping your middle thin with an apple shape is hard. Like even if you manage to get super thin, your legs will always be much smaller than your upper body

Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Try doing the most with what you have:

What to wear look best apple body shape or body type | Joy of Clothes

A line dresses, dark jeans, cool tops.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
I just think it looks more feminine and nice. I'm not talking about a HUGE butt. Just something thick enough to compliment a slim waist. Keeping your middle thin with an apple shape is hard. Like even if you manage to get super thin, your legs will always be much smaller than your upper body
What you think and what you get can be two different things but it is up to you to accept yourself and your body as they are or you can seek therapy or plastic surgery. If you are trying to be frugal you may get more bang for your buck with therapy.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,426,661 times
Many celebrities have an apple shape. It's a good looking body shape and looks quite feminine so long as you stay thin.

It's a bad body shape to have if someone starts to gain weight. The apple shape shows any extra weight far more quickly than pear and hourglass shapes since the extra weight goes to the worst possible places first. Gaining a significant amount of weight can definitely cause some women with apple shapes to look somewhat masculine, at least from the rear.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:33 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Lots of apple shapes are busty. Wear empire waists or maternity tops and short skirts to accentuate cleavage and legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty