Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times

Advertisements

Yes, I do wear lipstick, but not all the time. It depends on where I am going, who I am with and what my mood is. When I do wear lipstick, I love the MAC and Clinique long wearing lipsticks. As far as my husband goes, he would prefer that I don't wear lipstick at all. But he is still ok with the long wearing stuff as they are not sticky or gooey. They stay put on the lips!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shymonkey View Post
Women - I'm wondering if you wear lipstick. If you do why? and if you don't why?
Men - I'm wondering if you wear lipstick...no I'm not. I'm wondering if you like lipstick on women. If you do why? and if you don't why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I'm a woman and I always wear lipstick when at work or out and about. I think too that it really finishes the look and even if you have nothing else on, it really gives a gal good color. I don't know any men other than drag queens that wear lipstick but my fiance wears chapstick, he gets really chapped lips if he doesn't use it. Mostly though, he uses it in the winter.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,377 times
I wear it, but like Nelly, can't wait to take it off. I'm the same way with my wedding rings, etc.

It doesn't seem to matter which kind I purchase, it doesn't last long and has to be re-applied which is a general pain in the lower extremities if you are trying to wear it all day for some reason.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:04 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
I wear lipstick from Sephora (Lorac brand, color Pout) and Clinique (Bamboo Pink, Beauty, Bronze Leaf, Tender Heart). At work when I don't have time to re-apply it, I use lipgloss from Neutrogena (Shine).

I've tried the MAC long-wearing lipstick, and I wore through that pretty fast as well. My intentions always start off good, but I usually end up re-applying lipstick or just lipgloss.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:27 PM

172 posts, read 769,287 times
I wear lipstick at times. Mostly a nude color with lip gloss over it. I find lipgloss to be more moisturizing (maybe I just haven't found the right lipstick).

Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,573 times
I've always worn lipstick (or at least since I was old enough LOL), but lately I've been wearing more lip gloss with a tint. It looks natural but gives the lips a little more moisutre and doesn't look just plain. I like to have it on all the time when I'm out, but I do get tired or reapplying it (gloss or lipstick). I don't wear it at home though. I have a freind who is addicted to her "lip stuff", mostly uses balm or Burts Bees or something...she has it all over the house and car in every place you can think of!

Old 06-14-2008, 08:57 AM

56 posts, read 124,320 times
For me I only use lipstick when "glamming up" for an evening out. But I love the look of shiny lips so I wear lip gloss alot. Scary thing is I heard a report on the uv rays can cause sun cancer to the lips when wearing gloss outdoors!?!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:00 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Yes, I do, its one of my 'must have' staples. I have tubs and tubes of it everywhere. Literally. Mostly in the darker tones, but I do have a tube thats a clear gloss, which with a little liner works good at work. My lips are pale, some people tell me I should get tested for anemic (well, if I had medical coverage maybe I would), so as far as Im concerned, colour is necessary.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:58 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,012,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
...I have tubs and tubes of it everywhere. Literally...
I know it was a typo, Livewire (goodness knows, I've made my share of typos!) but the image of "tubs" of lipstick everywhere just cracked me up. Thanks for the giggle .

Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I love lipstick. Keeps my lips moist and adds color to my face. Always worn it since I was a girl. I would watch my Nan put her Lippy on without a mirror. I learned to do it too.
Some expert you are, moonshadow! I need a mirror.

Almost always wear lipstick out; sometimes at home, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty