Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 08:57 PM

717 posts, read 2,808,931 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from anyone who has had a bad experience with any plastic surgery or any type of body enhancement procedure that ended up going wrong. As I'm reading thru the posts on another thread regarding over 40 and looking good--it is obvious that people are willing to submit to a lot of things in an attempt to turn back the clock and look great. I just always wonder how many of these people are aware of the things that can and do go wrong--not to mention that if you slice, dice, nip, tuck, botox, lift, peel, etc. etc. often enough you'll end up looking like a mannequin or Michael Jackson.. I am an esthetician so I am well aware of both sides to this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 07:40 PM

ok,maybe I need to rephrase it to say have you or anyone you know had a bad experience? or an experience that didn't go quite right? and what was it........There's just no way that no one has had everything go perfectly.

At my post office in Orlando one of the clerks had permanent make-up with lip-liner--every time I go in there I think she looks hideous! She obviously had her lips plumped--waaaaaaaayyyyyy too much and her lip liner is wayyyyyyyyy too dark. She looks like a duck! This is really sad--cause you are stuck with that. What makes it even worse is that many days she looks as if she puts NO makeup on, her hair is a mess, she's not dressed up--so WHY did we get the permanent lip liner? People have to think about how they are going to look 24/7 365 days of the year--not to mention, how is this procedure going to age WITH you? you know the sags and bags that come along.....

Old 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,726,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajourney View Post
.....how is this procedure going to age WITH you? you know the sags and bags that come along.....

I'll tell you one thing that definitely does not age well: tatoos.

Nope, not a pretty sight 30 years later.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM

i was going to say that very same thing--but decided against it for not wanting to start a war....yea, they don't look very nice when the body can't maintain them anymore. When people decide they want to make them disappear, it is a very painful experience--and some colors just cannot be 100% removed....

I always tell people that I am so fickel, I change my mind and my attitudes on a whim. I could never do anything that was permanent--permanent. The only thing I have ever had done is pierced ears--and I only have one hole in each ear--and they are normal size. Not that god awful spacer, big hole stuff.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:34 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I'll tell you one thing that definitely does not age well: tatoos.

Nope, not a pretty sight 30 years later.
I think tattoos are really like any body modification, be prepared to take proper care of it and be prepared to have it re-done eventually if it starts to not look good. If they are well-cared for right after they're done, and you use sun protection, many tattoos can look good for a VERY long time. Eventually if they have faded out, a good tattoo artist will be able to cover them up or enhance them with a new tattoo. So, not too different from boob jobs that eventually sag/rupture, etc.

I have detailed writing on my upper back/neck. I know that, eventually, the letters will probably fade out and blend together. The way it's done, I will easily be able to have it covered with a floral/tribal design. It's all about the long term planning!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I personally have not had any surgical procedure gone awry, but I'll bet a dollar to a donut that Lisa Rinna has!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times
I honestly wish I hadn't gotten my first tattoo. My other three tattoos I LOVE, but my first one is just sooooo UGHHHH.......

I was 18....... in cozumel on a cruise with my best friend. We'd been drinking and she came up with the brilliant idea to get tattoos........ next thing I know I'm waking up with a "skanky fairy" tattooed just below my pants line (lower right abdomen, and when I say skanky fairy it's a black and white fairy, with black hair, black knee high boots and a red bikini on)......... not only is it just NOT very good, but when I DO eventually get pregnant it will be a stretchy fairy........ UGH!!!! stupid!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I honestly wish I hadn't gotten my first tattoo. My other three tattoos I LOVE, but my first one is just sooooo UGHHHH.......

I was 18....... in cozumel on a cruise with my best friend. We'd been drinking and she came up with the brilliant idea to get tattoos........ next thing I know I'm waking up with a "skanky fairy" tattooed just below my pants line (lower right abdomen, and when I say skanky fairy it's a black and white fairy, with black hair, black knee high boots and a red bikini on)......... not only is it just NOT very good, but when I DO eventually get pregnant it will be a stretchy fairy........ UGH!!!! stupid!!!!!!!!
Hey - look on the bright side ... when you're pregnant - your fairy will be pregnant too!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:20 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
I think people are too embarassed to answer this question.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I think people are too embarassed to answer this question.
Yea, I'm pretty sure you are correct. I even changed the wording to say "or someone you know", but not much being said. I've seen plenty of pretty awful "enhancements" that have to be worse than what they looked like before procedure was done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty