Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,089,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think they look just nasty and vulgar......makes me cringe to see anyone with them.......
I feel the same about people that don't have them....b.o.r.i.n.g.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,652,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I feel the same about people that don't have them....b.o.r.i.n.g.
hehe

Ya know, it IS funny how the only people who care about whether or not people have tattoos is people without them. The majority of tattooed people I've come across are very welcoming and don't care what you adorn your body with (or if you don't). But it seems the ones who don't have them are quite judgemental.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,744,615 times
I have one tattoo on my upper back/neck. It's a written quote that has meaning to me. Frankly, I don't care at all whether they're considered "mainstream" or not, that was not part of the motivation for me to get it.

I love mine, it's one-of-a-kind, and I have no qualms whatsoever about people's preconceptions of why I may have gotten it or what kind of person I must be because I have it!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:34 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,127,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
hehe

Ya know, it IS funny how the only people who care about whether or not people have tattoos is people without them. The majority of tattooed people I've come across are very welcoming and don't care what you adorn your body with (or if you don't). But it seems the ones who don't have them are quite judgemental.
I think it's the typical mindset of the judgemental.

I always get a chuckle out of reading posts on here or other network sites where people are having a coronary over the government encroaching on our freedoms, the smoking ban, etc, etc. Why, that is just Un-American!! And then I see those same people having another coronary about silly little things like flip flops, tattoos, sweats in public, tv shows or on a more important note same sex marriage. And I know that when I read their posts, I think "Wow! These people really are unique and special." But in a very different way. So...given a choice, I'll take being a "lemming" any day of the week over being an uptight, judgemental, (insert optional favorite term here ).

Last edited by MooksterL1; 08-15-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 08-15-2009, 09:56 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times
I agree but I would support legislation (city or state, not federal) to restrict tattoo to adults only. I'd even consider a 21 age limit for a different reason. Not everyone's body has fully developed at age 18. I graduated high school with some very flat chested girls who began to develop curves several years later. It's best to wait until the body has fully developed. I'd favor 18 in local and state legislation but recommend to people to hold off until 21 without a legislation. Can you imagine what kind of tattoos a 15 year old girl or guy would choose? Oh, and if you're a sports fan, putting your team name and mascot is fine. Don't do a favorite player's name and number unless their number was retired. You'd be angry if you got your favorite player's name and number tattooed on you and he left the team to play for your arch rival. Reminds me of the commercial in which a football player tattooed the team logo only to discover he'd been traded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I think it's the typical mindset of the judgemental.

I always get a chuckle out of reading posts on here or other network sites where people are having a coronary over the government encroaching on our freedoms, the smoking ban, etc, etc. Why, that is just Un-American!! And then I see those same people having another coronary about silly little things like flip flops, tattoos, sweats in public, tv shows or on a more important note same sex marriage. And I know that when I read their posts, I think "Wow! These people really are unique and special." But in a very different way. So...given a choice, I'll take being a "lemming" any day of the week over being an uptight, judgemental, (insert optional favorite term here ).

Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 AM

806 posts, read 2,962,330 times
I'm turned off my tattoos on females, so much so, that I disassociate myself with people that have tattoos from people of both genders.

Its really stupid and per capita, the people with tattoos tend to be "trashier" than those without.

How can you ruin your skin with such stupidity?

And yes, I will say that to someone's face.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
How can you ruin your skin with such stupidity?

And yes, I will say that to someone's face.
I guess the same way your judgemental attitude ruins your personality.
And yes...I'd love to follow you around watching you telling all the tattooed people that....I love seeing a good pummeling.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 AM

806 posts, read 2,962,330 times
Quote:
I guess the same way your judgemental attitude ruins your personality.
And yes...I'd love to follow you around watching you telling all the tattooed people that....I love seeing a good pummeling.
In the same way your tattoo makes you so "unique" when you're the same as everyone else..

No one wants to see: Barbwire, random animal, dead relative, your kids, etc. presented on your body.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:41 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,206,433 times
Quote:
Thank you for proving that tattooed people are lacking in good judgment skills!! Yup, violence is the answer for solving every conflict.

Fortunately, there are plenty of good people without tattoos and odd body piercings to associate with, so avoiding the likes of you will be of no loss to the rest of us.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
In the same way your tattoo makes you so "unique" when you're the same as everyone else..

No one wants to see: Barbwire, random animal, dead relative, your kids, etc. presented on your body.

I design my own, so no one else has my tattoos.
If you, and others are so affected by what others do to their own bodies, and it bothers you so much...you are seriously lacking something in your own life.
I truly could care less about what other people wear, look like, have tattooed on their skin...etc.
I guess what I'm saying is...as offensive as you find our tattoos...we find your insults about them even more so....but for some reason, you seem to think it's ok to insult people. Issues. Serious issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty