Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM

212 posts, read 699,682 times

Advertisements

The problem with tatoos?,.....they never come off.I would be pissed if i still had to wear bell bottoms.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,134,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
i would say they become warning signs to employers
Son is a senior banker and has tattoos so don't feel this is really the case~ however I cannot say I think much of them~ the definitely are not conducive to healthy skin.
And I remember quite a few young sailors say no when asked about NEW tattoos coming into search area as they came back aboard ship, only to cry loudly when I did a patdown and hit their fresh tattoo~ we had alternate ways of checking that were less painful if they said yes! Say uncover it carefully so we can see instead of patdown.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
whenever i see a tattoo think either- sailor, convict, attention *****, or trendwhore

i don't care if you claim you got it cause you had a kid, or cause your dad died, its all attention whoring to me.
and i don't really care if that offends , because the sorts of girls that get tattoos are usually just easy lays without much actual substance
People like you crack me up!
Go on and judge girls like that...I've had people say things like that to me that didn't realize I was heavily tattooed. Of course, I'm in a long term relationship and NEVER slept around. I'm also college educated and working on my pilots license...but nah, I guess I should lack substance so I can fit into your stereotype.

My boss loves my tattoos and I work with some VERY high profile clients, private jet owners and charter customers tend to be like that. I've never had a complaint

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Son is a senior banker and has tattoos so don't feel this is really the case~ however I cannot say I think much of them~ the definitely are not conducive to healthy skin.
And I remember quite a few young sailors say no when asked about NEW tattoos coming into search area as they came back aboard ship, only to cry loudly when I did a patdown and hit their fresh tattoo~ we had alternate ways of checking that were less painful if they said yes! Say uncover it carefully so we can see instead of patdown.

It's weird... I've never worried about not being able to get a job because of my tattoos and my sleeve goes just below my wrist. In fact, when I got laid off a few years back, I had at least 10 phone calls from potential employers offering me jobs because they 'heard' I got laid off. I guess if you have the experience and drive, even a little ink can't hurt you

Old 09-10-2009, 04:43 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,078,991 times
These people who hate on tattooed people are the same types who hate on Muslems, fat people, black people, white people, Latinos, gays, poor people, etc. etc. etc. They are just categorizing people and putting people into boxes and hating on these little boxes that they created.

It's just hate and prejudice. Small-mindedness, over-simplification of the world around them to satisfy their simple minded philosophies on life.

The fact is. If you put 20 tattooed people in the same room. They will span all economic backgrounds, political beliefs, religions, intelligence levels, and everything else. They are equally as diverse as people without tattoos.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's weird... I've never worried about not being able to get a job because of my tattoos and my sleeve goes just below my wrist. In fact, when I got laid off a few years back, I had at least 10 phone calls from potential employers offering me jobs because they 'heard' I got laid off. I guess if you have the experience and drive, even a little ink can't hurt you
Exactly. I just got a job in which I will be pocketing 15K per year after expenses. And my arms are full of ink.

There is absolutely zero connection between tattoos and job ability.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:51 PM

259 posts, read 732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
Is it just the conservative side of me, or are tattoos (tats) the most disgusting, repulsive and grotesque eye sores on the human body and complete turn-offs?

it's just you.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,335 times
Seriously, ANOTHER thread about not liking tattoos?

For God's sake people, if you really feel the need to continue beating this dead horse, why not just post in one of the other threads that have been started recently? Does everyone who hates tattoos really need their own "I Hate Tattoos" thread?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:36 PM

My buddy just got a facial tattoo. I love him for that. He is a martyr for self-expression and crushing stupid and pointless social taboos.

It's becoming a tattooed world people. If you don't like it, shove your head in the sand.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 PM

259 posts, read 732,188 times
i think most tattoos are sexy. my backpiece will be done soon and i'm planning to get a full sleeve after that. and jeepers, i'm a girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty