Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:47 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh my goodness this bra is annoying! Ladies are you with me...when I get home from work I fling that thing off like a rubberband! Its soo annoying my ladies need to be free!

Men have it so easy not having to wear an over shoulder boulder holder.(In my case small stones) but never the less still bother some.
I have large boobies and I need my bra for support. Except when I am in the shower I am never without it. I even sleep in a "leisure" bra.

When I was younger I would go braless once in a while, but now days, I feel "weird" without the support.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 01:56 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Ehh..you seen one bra, you seen them all.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
Before people got on my case, I actually used to go to work bra-less. I had no idea that anyone even noticed! I have small um, you-know-whats. A gay male coworker told me in one case. He thought I was doing it on purpose. He told me that all the guys were talking about me. I was shocked. I was just used to being in an all-girl environment and not wearing a bra to celebrate my freedom.

My mom also spent a lot of time naked or topless in the house when we were growing up. It was not $exual, that was just how she rolled. LOL I do the same thing now. Hey! I'm honoring my ancestors.

Anyway, I bet wrong on the small boobies again at work for a very formal company. I had to take public transportation to work and I was on "travel" in a very hot country. I wore a white linen shirt with no bra. I think my underwear was dirty or I was hot or something. Anyway, the linen was very heavy, I figured nobody would know. Afterall, I am not Dolly Parton.

Well, I have found out again that men are always looking and hoping for something, so it's best not to give them unnecessary cause. It is best in a coed environment to always wear the most invisible yet supportive underwear you can find. In the last case, one of my coworkers was really happy. Again, I was surprised that he could even see anything, but I guess the shirt was white and *I* obviously don't have the laser vision needed to see through shirts and can't count on my own judgment in front of a mirror.

Now that I'm a middle-aged hag, I have lots of "nude" underwear and I can afford to buy nice bras. Now that the girls are getting saggier, I have several padded bras, as well! I remember, I used to wonder why people wore padded bras!

Um, bras are bad because they alter the natural shape of the breast (at least my shape, anyway) but, bras are fun because they come in so many pretty colors, fabrics and styles: silk, balconette, microfiber, cotton, guipure, stretch lace. YUM I love lace bras, but I also realized that MEN love those as well, so I tend to try to wear the kind you don't notice under clothing.

I used to only wear black undies, but my husband made me buy colors (big mistake, and I now realize he has dubious taste), but I have a lot of chocolate/nude-for-me undies now! They're chic, too. Black lace sounds boring, but there are so many kinds of lace! Also, I think black lace and skin look good together. Also, even if the style of the bra is trampy, the black still looks sophisticated. Try that with hot pink (ewww never again).

Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
So, I guess another natural question would be ... if you don't mind me asking ... what is your bra / breast size? Since there's been plenty of posts, could you repeat what your preference (bra/no bra) is?
34C

I always wear a bra when I go out and when I'm around the house. I take it off going to bed unless I'm wearing a sports bra. I usually change into a sports bra when I get home though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
I wont go without one, ever, unless Im showering. I sleep in mine also.
HATE hate HATE things flopping around...
It's not good to wear a bra to bed, especially one with an underwire. Try Googling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
This is an interesting topic. I like the no bra and no panty reply. lol

My girl wears her bra 24/7 usually. I dunno why, but she does. Also sleeps in jeans...=/

I usually tell her to remove her "day" clothes esp if we want to relax but she is too lazy to switch into jammy jams.
What I told Colddiamond.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:56 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
34C

I always wear a bra when I go out and when I'm around the house. I take it off going to bed unless I'm wearing a sports bra. I usually change into a sports bra when I get home though.

It's not good to wear a bra to bed, especially one with an underwire. Try Googling it.

What I told Colddiamond.

Cant help it..I hate them being loose. Cant sleep that way...definately cant work that way...cant function that way, really. Bugs the hell out of me to feel them moving about at all. I hate them for that reason..they get in the way.

And the cancer thing is crap. An urban legend. I asked my doctor and he said no, wearing one to bed doesnt cause cancer.

Last edited by Colddiamond102; 01-01-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-01-2010, 04:48 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Cant help it..I hate them being loose. Cant sleep that way...definately cant work that way...cant function that way, really. Bugs the hell out of me to feel them moving about at all. I hate them for that reason..they get in the way.

And the cancer thing is crap. An urban legend. I asked my doctor and he said no, wearing one to bed doesnt cause cancer.
That's one doctor.
There's been no proper study on the effects of wearing a bra 24/7, just polling of women.

Anyway, regardless of the cancer thing I still don't think it's healthy. That much constriction on your body at all times can't possibly be healthy. But I'm like you, I can't stand them moving around either that's why I wear a sports bra to bed and most of the time. It keeps it close to my body and gives me better support than most bras I have. Plus I don't have anything digging into my sides.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:10 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
That's one doctor.
There's been no proper study on the effects of wearing a bra 24/7, just polling of women.

Anyway, regardless of the cancer thing I still don't think it's healthy. That much constriction on your body at all times can't possibly be healthy. But I'm like you, I can't stand them moving around either that's why I wear a sports bra to bed and most of the time. It keeps it close to my body and gives me better support than most bras I have. Plus I don't have anything digging into my sides.
Constriction??

Mine all fit properly, and dont dig into me or hurt me at all.. All are comfortable.Otherwise I wouldnt own them in the first place.
Sports bras are more constricting to me than regular ones, because they squish you in instead of just holding up.

And when I say I dont want them to move, Ive been known at times when about to excercise and in a stubborn mood to stap them down over a bra with duct tape to insure ZERO movement. It bothers me to no end to feel any movement whatsoever.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
never leave the house without one. Remove it ASAP after I get home.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:51 PM

152 posts, read 303,507 times
As a fellow male I would like to apologize for the other guys' comments. I'm sorry, I was flipping through the site and found this intriguing. I know someone who is wanting a sex change and is wondering whether he should wear one or not. But back to my original statement, I apologize for them ladies.

Last edited by I'm The Supporter; 01-01-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-03-2010, 04:54 PM

271 posts, read 785,304 times
When I had big boobs, like right after I had my daughter and my milk came in, they were humongous, and I always wore a bra, even at night. But it's been 2 years and I started lifting weights and let's just say they are tiny now, so when I get home, I change immediately into a camisole with no bra, much more comfortable that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty