Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
The only one that I may attack on this forum is SKEL1977. What is "looking gay"? A lot of people may have stereotypes of what looking gay is. However, you are NOT the judge of that! Since the fashion trend is found in a lot of straight men, this excludes "looking gay." In terms of fashion and even personality, I know some gay men that are more steroetypically masculine than other straight men I know. The term "looking gay" is simply not a good or even accurate term to use.
Thank you,
No wonder Americans are so backwards......
....and God forbid they should see underware hanging on a clothesline.....:smack :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Quote:
The only one that I may attack on this forum is SKEL1977. What is "looking gay"? A lot of people may have stereotypes of what looking gay is. However, you are NOT the judge of that! Since the fashion trend is found in a lot of straight men, this excludes "looking gay." In terms of fashion and even personality, I know some gay men that are more steroetypically masculine than other straight men I know. The term "looking gay" is simply not a good or even accurate term to use.
Exactly.... I know plenty of guys that wear tight jeans (me included) and not one of them is gay. Also, I have plenty of gay friends and not one of them sports the tight jean look. In fact, many of them look like your average beer drinking, NFL loving, slobby "manly man". This country is screwed up in so many ways socially. Makes me laugh how ignorant people are in backwoods America.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:38 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Exactly.... I know plenty of guys that wear tight jeans (me included) and not one of them is gay. Also, I have plenty of gay friends and not one of them sports the tight jean look. In fact, many of them look like your average beer drinking, NFL loving, slobby "manly man". This country is screwed up in so many ways socially. Makes me laugh how ignorant people are in backwoods America.

So what your saying is that you look more like a manly man because you wear gay looking skinny jeans?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
In the 80's I enjoyed seeing skinny rock n roll types in their tight jeans and leather pants. If a guy has the right figure for them, I'd rather see him in tight jeans than in baggy pants.

Watching Jersey Shore the other night, I was thinking how I missed men in short shorts. Again, his figure matters, but I hate the low hung low baggy shorts that most men now wear. I find it very unflattering to all figures. Those shorts make a man's torso look long and his legs stumpy.

I think that people should stop following the latest fashion trends and just wear cuts that are flattering to their individual figure.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:50 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
So what your saying is that you look more like a manly man because you wear gay looking skinny jeans?
Did you actually read what I wrote??? I'm saying it is absolutely impossible to discern someone's sexual preference by the type of freaking jeans they wear.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Well being that tight jeans wearing guys generally get a lot of girls if they are not gay...I would say that you may be more of a manly man in some ways.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Sadly since the 80's, Americans are getting fatter. And that means few men and women can (or should) be wearing skinny form fitting jeans and pants.

One drawback to baggy pants or any sort of baggy clothing, is that they cover up flaws in the person's figure. And so that someone who is slightly overweight doesn't see that they have a weight problem until they get fatter.

I don't consider skinny pants to be the mark of a gay man. And if someone has a good physique, I'm all for them showing it off properly.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 PM

49 posts, read 31,275 times
Let men wear whatever they want. Why should women have the monopoly on comfortable clothing? Funny how they don't seem to care about this sort of stuff in other countries, where people are generally more open minded and less judgmental.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,858,935 times
Quote:
As an overweight male, I would NEVER wear jeans or pants that are tight. I do not have a flattering figure. However, I see lately there is a trend for men to wear tighter pants, especially jeans.
I hear that tight cut-off jeans are becoming popular as well.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM

302 posts, read 607,814 times
Women have been know to wear tight jeans or pants...If should be socially acceptable for men also.

I vote...wear the tighter pants.

Quote:
As an overweight male, I would NEVER wear jeans or pants that are tight. I do not have a flattering figure. However, I see lately there is a trend for men to wear tighter pants, especially jeans. (Though too tight can be a bit indecent if your external organs are exposed...not good) First, what do women think of this new fashion trend on the physically fit and/or skinny? Secondly, aren't European men into this fashion trend than Americans? Third, when and why did this trend happen in the US? Discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty