Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times

Advertisements

Curious as to how well these things work and is it suitable for a guy with slight rough hands and would also like to use on my feet. How frequent should I use this kit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,129 times
Paraffin wax can be used every day if you so choose. Are you only using it for rough hands and feet? If so I would suggest trying a scrub instead... you can get salt scrubs, sugar scrubs or any other that sound exciting. The best scrub that I know of that I do personally use on myself and my clients is made by Biotone and it is called Micro-buff body polish. It is a professional product but you can order it online. You can use it simply the way it comes, no need to purchase the customizing complex that it says on the directions.... but anyways this product will rejuvenate your rough/dry skin and its cheaper then a paraffin wax set and works better IMO. Paraffin is really good if you have sore hands and feet (arthritis) as it warms up your joints and provides relief of some of the inflammation. If you want the cheapest route but not as effective, you could just put Vaseline on them before you go to bed and sleep with gloves and socks on... this works on softening your skin. Most effective would be to do the scrub and then put Vaseline on... you will be soft as butter

Old 02-15-2010, 07:19 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Feet need special care. Get yourself a foot brush with a pumice stone on the other side. Rough skin is dead dry skin. Gotta get off the dead stuff to get to the soft stuff. Switch from bar soap to some moisture type body wash.They make a ton of guy versions. Axe's snake peel just smells like manly oranges (if that makes any sense at all, if not sniff it at the store..lol) and does not last much past the shower. It has a slight scrubby texture to it.

For your hands you can just pour some sugar in a bowl with olive oil or cooking oil (basically whatever oil as long as you can cook with it) and scrub your hands around each other like you were washing up for surgery. Do it over a sink or bowl and it will help get rid of the dead skin.

You may not need a wax kit if you get a better lotion. Look at Keihls:
Hands and Feet Products | Kiehl's Since 1851

Don't let the price turn you off. You end up using a lot less product than cheaper lotions. I don't think the handsoap is really worth it as dove's bodywash works just fine.

Oh just a tip from me: I switched out my handsoaps for dove body wash liquid. It has made a difference. If I use an oil or conditioner to rub in my clean dry hair to condition it adds another layer of moisture to fight the dry hands. (don't rinse hands)

The one thing I would worry about with the wax route is it getting stuck in your hand/wrist/knuckle hair. If you have a lot of that I think it could get messy on clean up and you don't really want to rinse wax off down the drain.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times
Thanks for the advice. My hands are those of a construction worker, still quite soft just not baby skin soft. My feet are the same way, no callus just a bit dry at times.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:07 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
You may be able to get away with that "ultimate" kiels lotion alone then. I still think the pumic stone would be a good idea for the feet for basic self cleaning. It keeps summer foot stank away too when you get rid of all that dead skin more often. Makes you less prone to develop foot fungals too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty