Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 05:12 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times

Advertisements

I suggested in a previous post, that you probably have good skin. I have no wrinkles or age spots, I don't know what a sun line is but no one's ever told me I had any, I'm 49, and I used clinique for a week, 15 years ago, and stopped after rashes, skin problems, and red eyes caused me to have to switch to another brand. Making claims that "this works" without having any real knowledge of what it is that's "working" is pretty ignorant. Especially since your claims are in favor of a product containing known carcinogens and allergens, even though it proclaims itself hypoallergenic.

In summary, I'm saying you probably have good skin -despite- using Clinique, not -because- of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 05:34 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I suggested in a previous post, that you probably have good skin. I have no wrinkles or age spots, I don't know what a sun line is but no one's ever told me I had any, I'm 49, and I used clinique for a week, 15 years ago, and stopped after rashes, skin problems, and red eyes caused me to have to switch to another brand. Making claims that "this works" without having any real knowledge of what it is that's "working" is pretty ignorant. Especially since your claims are in favor of a product containing known carcinogens and allergens, even though it proclaims itself hypoallergenic.

In summary, I'm saying you probably have good skin -despite- using Clinique, not -because- of it.
Pardon me, but having to stoop to name-calling in order to buttress your claims just casts aspersions upon yourself.
I am not going to hijack this thread, I suggest you do the same, its rude to the OP.
Start your own thread.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:49 PM

I didn't call anyone names. And this thread is about Clinique. It's asking people what they know about it, their experiences with it. I have offered both. I don't recommend their products to anyone, because they are misleading about their products being hypoallergenic, because the products are made with known allergens and known carcinogens, because some of the ingredients are cheap fillers, and because I don't believe you get what you pay for especially with regards to skin care and cosmetics.

I believe this because I have educated myself, and had formal training in organic chemistry, aromatherapy, have sold three different brands of skin care and cosmetics professionally in the past, and have experimented with a few dozen different brands on myself as well.

I'm glad you are happy using Clinique. Really. I'm glad you feel good about yourself for it. That doesn't make it any good. Using crappy stuff on good skin can still result in good skin.

I've read, and re-read my posts, and I haven't called you any names. I did call your claim an ignorant claim. That's about as close to name-calling as I've come. Except for the products. I will readily admit that I have called Clinique products names. Mostly, crap. And grease. And antifreeze. I apologize if Clinique's feelings are hurt. I stand by my opinion.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
^ Yes, I am sure you do stand by your opinion, just as British Petroleum does when they say the oil spill is no big deal.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:02 AM

345 posts, read 1,642,211 times
I think all that wax and petroleum keep toxins and dirt from getting into the pours...... BUT ! .... The wrinkles and dry skin are caused by a breakdown of collagen caused by homocysteine (a poisonous amino acid) due to alcohol, smoking and exposure to other environmental toxins.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:25 PM

Wrinkles and dry skin are caused by a breakdown of collagen and elastin. Alcohol, smoking, and exposure to other environmental toxins certainly contribute to it, but they're not the only cause. Age is also a cause. So's gravity. And diet, metabolism, parathyroid function, estrogen levels, and a host of other things.

Edited to add: all that wax and petroleum prevent dirt and toxins from entering the skin - how? By being a barrier? Wait, that can't be, because so many companies that use wax and petroleum insist that they're non-comedogenic (meaning, they don't block the pores). Except, that petroleum IS a barrier - and petrolatum, which is what petroleum jelly is, specifically, is waterproof. That means, no nutrients can get in, and no dirt/mosture/bacteria can get out.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:04 PM

Age doesn't cause ANYTHING !

toxins that build up over years and years causes deceases. Not age!

A person that knows early on how to clear toxins and prevent exposures to toxins and exercises daily will NOT get wrinkles, and suffer from "gravity" (that gravity thing is absurd by the way), or even get gray hair.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Hyperbole much? Where did you get your information, Rhino127? I'm looking at an "images" result for the Hunza people on Google right now. Not even clicking on any links. Just looking at the page of images that popped up. The Hunza people are some of the most isolated in the world, they're a part of Pakistan, they are reportedly the most long-lived people in the world, they live on whatever resources exist in their region, they don't buy cosmetics or fancy face creams, they are hearty, sturdy, and an ancient culture of Muslims.

And look at that - all the pictures of old Hunzas, you can tell they're old - because they have wrinkles. And grey hair. Those are the only people I know of, that I've ever heard of, that have ever been reported about, who are known for being healthy and have the least exposure to toxins. There are other cultures that have no exposure to toxins but they're unhealthy. And there are other healthy cultures that do have exposure to toxins. But the two combined - health AND lack of exposure to toxins - are the Hunza. And they have wrinkles, and grey hair, when they age. Just like everyone.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Hyperbole much? Where did you get your information, Rhino127? I'm looking at an "images" result for the Hunza people on Google right now. Not even clicking on any links. Just looking at the page of images that popped up. The Hunza people are some of the most isolated in the world, they're a part of Pakistan, they are reportedly the most long-lived people in the world, they live on whatever resources exist in their region, they don't buy cosmetics or fancy face creams, they are hearty, sturdy, and an ancient culture of Muslims.

And look at that - all the pictures of old Hunzas, you can tell they're old - because they have wrinkles. And grey hair. Those are the only people I know of, that I've ever heard of, that have ever been reported about, who are known for being healthy and have the least exposure to toxins. There are other cultures that have no exposure to toxins but they're unhealthy. And there are other healthy cultures that do have exposure to toxins. But the two combined - health AND lack of exposure to toxins - are the Hunza. And they have wrinkles, and grey hair, when they age. Just like everyone.
I really DON"T care about you or what you pull up on your computer. There are heavy metals in the soil and if your Hunza pals ingest these along with their diets of goat blood and brains (great way to ingest parasites) and do not eat or ingest the proper nutrients to clear these TOXINS ! they will age. Much like the Junk that is in Clinique products.

I will not argue on line with someone as mal-informed and non-thinking as you. Buy some books and learn or just get old and unhealthy.

Adios. I'm done with this mess you caused.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:42 PM

544 posts, read 1,485,767 times
I find it very distressing that people fight over nothing, and express their views without any sense of courtesy or diplomacy. If you have some genuine knowledge to share, do so in a fashion that shows respect to others.

Last edited by scsigurl3000; 05-09-2010 at 06:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty