Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 11:34 AM

120 posts, read 215,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Awesome! Check out Lost Village then. I'm not sure what kind of houses are there though. I may be steering you wrong. But I live near it and if you like that a house on the lake there might be the ticket. I'm a bit off the lake. About 0.75mi. Because of cost. I managed to pay $1600/acre with paved access, dsl, and electric on site, if that gives you an idea for cost of living.
Love the idea of living on the lake. Folsom doesn't have lakefront housing, but you can get one in the hills with a direct view. Of course, those are pretty costly and the lake is more like a pond currently. $1600/acre??!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Awesome! Check out Lost Village then. I'm not sure what kind of houses are there though. I may be steering you wrong. But I live near it and if you like that a house on the lake there might be the ticket. I'm a bit off the lake. About 0.75mi. Because of cost. I managed to pay $1600/acre with paved access, dsl, and electric on site, if that gives you an idea for cost of living.
Lost Bridge Village? I found that near Beaver Lake, and many homes look beautiful, but very pricey.

What is Garfield like???

Old 05-29-2014, 11:53 AM

If we can keep this thread on topic with suggestions and tips on what to be sure to do and see while I'm there, that would be fantastic!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:58 AM

If anyone has links or ideas on homes close to downtown Bentonville (walking distance), please advise. I keep getting directed to Pinnacle, but I'm more interested in Bentonville due to school ratings and the attractive downtown.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:45 PM

So we actually have THREE full days now! Changed our tickets because my little girls are joining us, woohoo!

Old 05-29-2014, 03:00 PM

I'm spending a day checking out Pinnacle Country Club and Rogers area. It is beautiful. Nothing Mc about those mansions. Are the schools in Rogers substantially less quality than in B-ville? Many questions will be answered when we arrive as we are doing a real estate tour as well.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,989,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalgirl36 View Post
Lost Bridge Village? I found that near Beaver Lake, and many homes look beautiful, but very pricey.

What is Garfield like???
Garfield is a very very small town (500ish people) with a gas-station/eatery and a school (little people, maybe k-5 or maybe k-8th?) and a wide-spot at it's center. There is a gas post-office and a dollar general and a car wash as well. It is 15 minutes or so from Rogers. Yes, that's the neighborhood. I am about 1-2 miles from it. Similar views and whatnot, but not ON the lake. They have their own air-strip, though, which...impressed me, lol!

Old 05-29-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I'm spending a day checking out Pinnacle Country Club and Rogers area. It is beautiful. Nothing Mc about those mansions. Are the schools in Rogers substantially less quality than in B-ville? Many questions will be answered when we arrive as we are doing a real estate tour as well.
I personally found all of the Rogers/Centerton/Bentonville/Fayetteville area to "blend togather" pretty well. More like one big city with different parts. No in depth knowledge on the schools, but I hear good things.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
If we can keep this thread on topic with suggestions and tips on what to be sure to do and see while I'm there, that would be fantastic!
-Visit Beaver Lake
-Check out Cabelas (they sell AR15's over the counter. You Cali folk should get all giddy!)
-Check out AG Russel knives
-Check out Crystal Bridges Museum
-Go to the auto dealership you would have your car serviced at
-Go to the bank you would frequent
-Do all of those "mundane things" you would do on a normal day, or at least go through the motions, and see if the quality of interaction/product meets spec for you. Lots of people fail to do this, and it can be annoying when they discover that they are not getting the product/service they are used to in their day-to-day life because all they did when they scouted was see "vacation life".

Old 05-29-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Love the idea of living on the lake. Folsom doesn't have lakefront housing, but you can get one in the hills with a direct view. Of course, those are pretty costly and the lake is more like a pond currently. $1600/acre??!!!!
Yep. DSL, Paved road to the driveway, etc. It's about 0.75 miles from Beaver Lake, as the bullet flies, and I can see a bit of the lake from where the deck will be once I clear a few trees on the side of the ridge where I'm building. The cost of living there is wonderful. But yes, as you saw, you CAN choose to spend money, too. Depends on your threshold of diminishing returns. Also, I can shoot all day long on my land. Lost Bridges has a no firearms to be discharged policy. I saw the sign on my exploration drives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers