Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 10:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move2 View Post
I called Washington County Assessor and was transferred 3 times and not one person could explain how the personal property taxes were figured and what items the personal property taxes applied to. So that was disappointing.

Are the personal property taxes on homes as well as automobiles?

Do you know, Are the property taxes frozen at age 65 apply to Bella Vista, Bentonville and Fayetteville?
We were told when we moved here 10 plus years ago, real estate taxes were frozen throughout the state at 65. as for trying to get to first base with the county assessors office or whomever, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2018, 12:50 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move2 View Post
I called Washington County Assessor and was transferred 3 times and not one person could explain how the personal property taxes were figured and what items the personal property taxes applied to. So that was disappointing.

Are the personal property taxes on homes as well as automobiles?

Do you know, Are the property taxes frozen at age 65 apply to Bella Vista, Bentonville and Fayetteville?
Personal and real property tax laws are administered uniformly throughout all the counties in Arkansas, although the millage or rate may vary from one county to another.

For persons 65 & up, regardless of county of residence, the assessed value of their homestead can be "frozen" (kept at previous year levels) unless improvements are made.

This guide has a good write-up on page 12. It also explains what is considered real property and what is considered personal property:

Moving to Arkansas: A Tax Guide for New Residents
Quote:
All political subdivisions in Arkansas (including counties, cities, and school districts) are
authorized by state law to impose taxes on real property (i.e., a house or land) and personal
property (i.e., automobiles, pick-up trucks, recreational vehicles, boats and motors,
motorcycles, and all-terrain vehicles). These taxes are known as "ad valorem" taxes. They are
imposed according to item value only. Personal property taxes are not imposed on furniture
and household possessions.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 09-22-2018 at 01:00 PM..

Old 09-22-2018, 05:51 PM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
I live in HSV, and would pass on HSV for now. A new management group has taken over here and seem to have dollar signs flashing before their eyes. Lots of folks here are worried about what the future holds.

Personally I think it’s inevitable that the POA will fail financially and HSV will become an incorporated city like BV. But I’m afraid there are some painful (financial) Times to come before that happens.

Old 09-22-2018, 07:16 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
I live in HSV, and would pass on HSV for now.

Bummer. I loved HSV, and wouldn't want to live there if if were an incorporated city, with lots of younger people moving in. The slowness and peace and quiet were two of the things that I really loved about it.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:36 AM

18 posts, read 20,358 times
Quote:
I live in HSV, and would pass on HSV for now. A new management group has taken over here and seem to have dollar signs flashing before their eyes. Lots of folks here are worried about what the future holds.

Personally I think it’s inevitable that the POA will fail financially and HSV will become an incorporated city like BV. But I’m afraid there are some painful (financial) Times to come before that happens.
That's disappointing to hear, we really like the idea of a gated/membership community. Seems that POAs are struggling to maintain support of their members. Makes me wonder if we should just find the best place even it is not a POA/HOA community. We still plan to visit BV and HSV this fall. Thanks for the information.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFBW View Post
That's disappointing to hear, we really like the idea of a gated/membership community. Seems that POAs are struggling to maintain support of their members. Makes me wonder if we should just find the best place even it is not a POA/HOA community. We still plan to visit BV and HSV this fall. Thanks for the information.
Don't let that scare you away. The main problems are really not big problems at all. there are just some that want everything the way it was 20 years ago and others who want change and most of the problems are more verbal than anything.

Old 09-24-2018, 07:28 AM

340 posts, read 515,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNFBW View Post
Look here for posts on the CMP or Comprehensive Master Plan. I think you'll have to resister with a HSV address, use one from a real estate listing. https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/

http://www.hsvvoice.com/news/2018081...old-3-meetings

https://wethehsvpeople.com/

A few highlights

- The CMP calls for a high rise resort hotel inside HSV.
- The CMP calls for a "city center" with restaurants and retail shops, subsidized by the POA dues.
- Million Dollar swimming pool
- $25K spent on "regional meetings" where the board goes to nearby big cities to try to garner support from non resident property owners for the CMP. (HSV has a lot of non resident property owners who come here to golf)

CCI, Cooper Communities Inc, the original developer of HSV, BV, and a few others, is against the CMP.

Last edited by jimnelson1; 09-24-2018 at 07:46 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Look here for posts on the CMP or Comprehensive Master Plan. I think you'll have to resister with a HSV address, use one from a real estate listing. https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/

We the People to hold 3 meetings - News - Hot Springs Village Voice - Hot Springs Village, AR

https://wethehsvpeople.com/

A few highlights

- The CMP calls for a high rise resort hotel inside HSV.
- The CMP calls for a "city center" with restaurants and retail shops, subsidized by the POA dues.
- Million Dollar swimming pool
- $25K spent on "regional meetings" where the board goes to nearby big cities to try to garner support from non resident property owners for the CMP. (HSV has a lot of non resident property owners who come here to golf)

CCI, Cooper Communities Inc, the original developer of HSV, BV, and a few others, is against the CMP.

Well, I'm not a resident, but I'm "agin" it too! Sounds like a lot of money spent for nothing. HSV already has nice pools, golf courses, activity centers, etc. The peace and quiet (and mainly older residents!) is what I loved about it.

A high-rise resort hotel inside the gates? Nope, nope, nope.

Do the residents get a vote? I didn't have time to look at the links.

Old 09-27-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Don't let that scare you away. The main problems are really not big problems at all. there are just some that want everything the way it was 20 years ago and others who want change and most of the problems are more verbal than anything.

Just so everyone knows, she is talking about Bella Vista, not Hot Springs Village.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Just so everyone knows, she is talking about Bella Vista, not Hot Springs Village.
Thanks I realize that but she also said she had heard there were POA/city problems in

bv
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers