Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,529 times

Advertisements

Hi! I've been reading these boards since a move to NWA became a possibility for my family a few months ago. Since the move is now a certainty, I would love to get any info/opinions on home sale / housing price trends for the Rogers/Bentonville area. We already realized a very large loss on the sale of a previous home 2 years ago which led us to rent the past 2 years. Though I am eager to own again, my husband is not. We would expect to be in NWA for about 3-5 years, have 3 young children and would plan to spend $500-$700K on a home. Can anyone please give info/thoughts on how much housing prices have declined in the past few years, and what the current trends are? I have seen some published data here and on various websites but I'd love more info - article links, opinions, etc. Thanks so much. We are looking forward to our move and I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc3girls View Post
Hi! I've been reading these boards since a move to NWA became a possibility for my family a few months ago. Since the move is now a certainty, I would love to get any info/opinions on home sale / housing price trends for the Rogers/Bentonville area. We already realized a very large loss on the sale of a previous home 2 years ago which led us to rent the past 2 years. Though I am eager to own again, my husband is not. We would expect to be in NWA for about 3-5 years, have 3 young children and would plan to spend $500-$700K on a home. Can anyone please give info/thoughts on how much housing prices have declined in the past few years, and what the current trends are? I have seen some published data here and on various websites but I'd love more info - article links, opinions, etc. Thanks so much. We are looking forward to our move and I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come!
to be honest, Yes I dould buy but no, I wouldn't spend anything like that much on a home. The more you spend the harder it will be to sell when the time comes. Renting is fine, but it sounds like you are in the upper echilone thus it might be very hard to find something that would be right for you. The positive thing if you do decide to rent, some exc that have been transfered out of the NWA area haven't been able to sell so may have their places up for rent. Talk to a good realtor and see what is available in the rental market...Again, if you plan on being in the area 3 years or more it would be wise to buy, 2 or less years that would be a different situation.

If course this is just my opinion, take for what it is worth.
Nita

Old 01-10-2010, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 8,529 times
Thanks, Nita.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 AM

731 posts, read 1,368,334 times
There will be another real estate boom in Northwest Arkansas.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:48 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
There will be another real estate boom in Northwest Arkansas.
I think this would be very unlikely for a long time, at least a few decades.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,807 times
I wouldn't spend too much more than say the high end of middle class. we were transferred to Eastern OK 11 years ago and bought a cattle ranch which we do love. But we're now getting ready for retirement and might move. NWA is on our list too but back to what I was saying we bought the ranch thinking wow this is cheap comiing from a more expensive area and now I doubt if it would sell in a 100 years. Think of re sale unless you intend on being there forever!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,632 times
I concur with the others. You can get a lot of house in NWA for what you are wanting to spend, and the higher up you go the longer it will take to sell. If I were only staying for 3-5 years and I wanted to buy in this area, I would not spend more than 200K with only 3 children. You could probably get a steal on a house right now too. See what the banks have in their possession.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 PM

602 posts, read 1,516,527 times
Ditto the Dr. If you're not planning to stick around here, I wouldn't go to all the trouble of buying and selling.

I bet you could find a really nice long term rental. There are tons of empty homes just sitting all over NWA.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I concur with the others. You can get a lot of house in NWA for what you are wanting to spend, and the higher up you go the longer it will take to sell. If I were only staying for 3-5 years and I wanted to buy in this area, I would not spend more than 200K with only 3 children. You could probably get a steal on a house right now too. See what the banks have in their possession.
well I might go a little higher than $200 depending on where you are looking, but not a lot more, maybe $250,000. I know here in BV our daughter just bought a home, 2600 sq ft, it does have a double lot, isn't on a lake and they spent $217,000.

Nita

Old 01-12-2010, 06:26 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,343,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well I might go a little higher than $200 depending on where you are looking, but not a lot more, maybe $250,000. I know here in BV our daughter just bought a home, 2600 sq ft, it does have a double lot, isn't on a lake and they spent $217,000.

Nita
So your daughter is moving by you, that is great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers