Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:04 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBeaver View Post
Here are two photos I took last year of the light displays at Talaki Paki, but these don't do it justice.

-Trent
Do you mean Tlaquepaque?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 03:34 PM

25 posts, read 87,098 times
Kimballette, I haven't had real Mexican food since I was in San Antonio, so I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with something besides Taco Bell!

Trent, thanks for the pics! It helps me realize that these three years will go by in a flash and we'll be out there. I sincerely hope my VA disability gets done sooner rather than later. once it does, we'll be out there to visit, see the area and narrow down exactly where we want to live. That will hopefully happen by this Spring.

I know that the rules are strict on posting, but once we get ready to come out this Spring or summer, we'll be looking for a realtor to guide us and let her know what we're looking for...

Old 12-18-2013, 02:06 PM

174 posts, read 396,751 times
Quote:
The furthest I ever really go is Talaki Paki (Tlaquepaque). The have some amazing restaurants there and their light displays are amazing this time of year.

-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Do you mean Tlaquepaque?
Yes that is what I meant based on my original post. I have found it is easier to talk about using how it is pronounced compared to the actual spelling.

Google recognizes it either way (Talaki Paki or Tlaquepaque) and brings up the same website as the first result.

Tlaquepaque shopping Sedona Arizona, arts and crafts village, galleries, attractions.

-Trent

Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM

174 posts, read 396,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsauerkraut View Post
Kimballette, I haven't had real Mexican food since I was in San Antonio, so I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with something besides Taco Bell!

Trent, thanks for the pics! It helps me realize that these three years will go by in a flash and we'll be out there. I sincerely hope my VA disability gets done sooner rather than later. once it does, we'll be out there to visit, see the area and narrow down exactly where we want to live. That will hopefully happen by this Spring.

I know that the rules are strict on posting, but once we get ready to come out this Spring or summer, we'll be looking for a realtor to guide us and let her know what we're looking for...
Thanks, let me know if I can answer any other questions on the areas for you. As for Mexican Food restaurants, I think your looking at the correct place to come if you want good Mexican Food!

-Trent

Old 12-18-2013, 02:16 PM

122 posts, read 272,882 times
Quote:
Thanks, let me know if I can answer any other questions on the areas for you. As for Mexican Food restaurants, I think your looking at the correct place to come if you want good Mexican Food!

-Trent
Since the subject was raised and the OP expressed interest, let's hear some props for favorite mexican restaurants in Cottonwood, Sedona, or the Village. Oaxaca in uptown Sedona is pretty good for a tourist spot, but how about places?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM

I've always loved cuban food because it's rich-spicy, not hot-spicy, if that makes sense. I also love Italian and German Food...

Old 12-18-2013, 03:12 PM

537 posts, read 740,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtrails View Post
Since the subject was raised and the OP expressed interest, let's hear some props for favorite mexican restaurants in Cottonwood, Sedona, or the Village. Oaxaca in uptown Sedona is pretty good for a tourist spot, but how about places?
Oaxaca? No. No. No. No way. Nope. Never. Ummmm . . . no.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:59 PM

122 posts, read 272,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Oaxaca? No. No. No. No way. Nope. Never. Ummmm . . . no.
That was my first thought as well, but we gave it a try one night -- mostly out of nostalgia -- and was pleasantly surprised. Went back twice more and were again pleasantly surprised. It's not my favorite mexican restaurant, but it's been fine.

If you can't be convinced, okay, but the table stakes are that you have to name a better choice.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:23 AM

Something just dawned on me. My pen name has always been TNsauerkraut - TN for where I live and sauerkraut for my heritage (no, not my mood, lol) I'll have to change that once we finally move.

Hmmmm...azsauerkraut? azkraut? azcabbage?

Opinions, anyone?

Old 12-19-2013, 10:39 AM

537 posts, read 740,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtrails View Post
That was my first thought as well, but we gave it a try one night -- mostly out of nostalgia -- and was pleasantly surprised. Went back twice more and were again pleasantly surprised. It's not my favorite mexican restaurant, but it's been fine.

If you can't be convinced, okay, but the table stakes are that you have to name a better choice.
I wish I could but I haven't found a Mexican place to rave about since I left Chicago. Many of the "foodies" around here sing the praises of Eloté in VOC, but I have never tried the place. I refuse to wait for an hour or two for a table and then have to wait in long lines just to get a drink. If the chef came out and gave me a back rub while I dined I still wouldn't go. Life's too short.

I could give you quite an extensive list of where NOT to go, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona