Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

I wanted to share my frustration while driving through Tuba City on my way to Phoenix.
I made a stop at the gas station on the my road to stop to get a bite to eat and fill my tank when I came out of my car I saw a couple of dogs walking towards me. The closer they came the more I realized how emancipated they were. They were in awful conditions I thought about the abuse and neglect that they must suffer on a daily basis. I couldn’t believe how there were so many local people all around who didn’t care that this was going on. I fed them and will try to drive back to rescue them.
I hope that people find it in their hearts to help the animals in Tuba. Spaying their pets would help!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 AM

378 posts, read 1,906,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zitlali
I wanted to share my frustration while driving through Tuba City on my way to Phoenix.
I made a stop at the gas station on the my road to stop to get a bite to eat and fill my tank when I came out of my car I saw a couple of dogs walking towards me. The closer they came the more I realized how emancipated they were. They were in awful conditions I thought about the abuse and neglect that they must suffer on a daily basis. I couldn’t believe how there were so many local people all around who didn’t care that this was going on. I fed them and will try to drive back to rescue them.
I hope that people find it in their hearts to help the animals in Tuba. Spaying their pets would help!
Shouldn't this be in the AZ forum? I hope someone feeds the poor puppies!

Old 05-25-2006, 02:31 AM

12 posts, read 71,275 times
Default abuse

Where is Tuba? Unfortunately, in some small towns in AZ people just leave their pets off when they stop for gas. It happens so often the locals just don't care. Don't they have a local animal control? I'd like to check this out (I couldn't rescue any, though, I already am taking care of 10 dogs). This is especially horrible in the heat.

Old 05-30-2006, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,882 times
Yes, it's unfortunate there is a wide spead of homeless dogs all over the Navajo Nation. Some dog owners are not educated on spaying and/or neutering their dogs. Some dog owners are traditionalist and believe to spay or neuter their pet is untraditional, therefore, the over populated dogs and even cats on the reservation. It is horrible and devastating to see them roaming and begging for food. The Navajo Nation does have an Animal Control Program, but not enough funds to enforce and assist with the homeless dogs or adoption centers.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:04 PM

80 posts, read 465,722 times
Ok I have a question since we have an animal cruelty topic started. Its my understanding that PETA is against animals like chicken, cattle ,etc .being raised for food.

Cats and Dogs not to mention most animals/pets are carnivores, They cannot live off veggies or tofu.

What is PETA's thoughts on the killing of chickens ,Cows , lamb, etc. being used for animal feed?

It seems like the more pets saved, the more animals needed to feed them.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 11,663 times
Tuba City is in Arizona, but it is located on the Navajo reservation.
Understanding why the situation with the dogs is so miserable would require understanding for the Navajo culture and living conditions.
So please Candra don't write stuff like "Where is Tuba? Unfortunately, in some small towns in AZ people just leave their pets off when they stop for gas. It happens so often the locals just don't care."
I live in a small town in Arizona and have never seen homeless dogs outside the reservation. And if you would be familiar with the situation in Northern Arizona, you would know there are only few "cities" on the reservation but many people living on the financial edge due to no jobs in the reservation.
Please do a bit of research before writing about small towns in Arizona.
I am a dog owner myself and rescued two dogs in the past years and found good homes for them.

Cheers,
Ketchup-Heinz

Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times
This is a major problem on all reservations. If you can put the poor dogs out of there misery please do so. 22 bullets are cheap.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 AM

12 posts, read 38,987 times
First thing, animals should not be used as animal feed. They should be grain fed. Another thing, killing dogs for no reason is against the law. Take them to the nearest shelter or vet. I thought this was suppose to be about Arizona?

Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times
Dogs will pass up grain for a nice chicken dinner. Sorry thats just the way they are.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:18 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,862,227 times
Obviously, dogs and cats are carnivores. Try telling that to the psychotic PETA activists.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona