Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM

910 posts, read 2,219,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Only issue in Florida I have is two. ( illegals and others who dont speak our language and dont want to and the amounts of gays is amazing ) Other then that I am 100% happy with the move and enjoying every minute of living here.
Very sad to read that you find gay people an "issue". Were you aware that Columbus has a very large gay population ? The city also has one of the largest groups of Somalian immigrants in the country, which would be another possible "issue" for you.

Must admit I feel better that my main "issue" with living in Florida is that there are not as many birds here as there are in Ohio.

Old 10-30-2013, 11:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Never been to Ohio, but it seems boring and plain there. Florida's better.

How can you judge a place that you've never been too? Furthermore, Ohio ranks 7th in population along with 3 major metropolitan areas in Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati. It's hardly boring. Does the weather stink during the winter months? Absolutely. But it ain't all doom and gloom here, and from June through Sept we average more sunny days than a lot of sunbelt locations. For the record if I could pick between Florida and Ohio....well... I'd pick both. I'd spend 4-6 months (the colder months) in Florida, and the remaining time up here. Best of both worlds.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
For the record if I could pick between Florida and Ohio....well... I'd pick both. I'd spend 4-6 months (the colder months) in Florida, and the remaining time up here. Best of both worlds.
Wouldn't we all?! I would love to be a snowbird at 30 years old!! lol

Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLark7 View Post
Very sad to read that you find gay people an "issue". Were you aware that Columbus has a very large gay population ? The city also has one of the largest groups of Somalian immigrants in the country, which would be another possible "issue" for you.

Must admit I feel better that my main "issue" with living in Florida is that there are not as many birds here as there are in Ohio.

Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?

The truth is gays are rampant and very overly aggressive with their wrongful ways in central Florida. Almost to the point of its in your face whether you like it or not.

So what gays are immoral and that is my right to have the freedom to say so.

Just like it is your right to voice your opinion for it.

The OP asked for truths and experiences. For me I am the ONLY ONE in this thread who has lived in both places she is asking about and Im giving it to her straight mainly because she has kids.

Like myself I try to keep my kids away from that sickness as much as I can and if the OP feels the same way then central Florida might be a mistake for her.

I am lucky enough to be able to avoid most of it unless we go to Disney where male gays love to hang out for some odd reason.

Yes I know, Ohio has issues with tons of illegals as well.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:29 AM

Um, I lived in Central Ohio for over 30 years, and now I live in Vero Beach. So you are NOT the only one on this thread who has lived in both places.

I did not say you had no right to voice your opinion. I just find that opinion sad.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:39 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLark7 View Post
Um, I lived in Central Ohio for over 30 years, and now I live in Vero Beach. So you are NOT the only one on this thread who has lived in both places.

I did not say you had no right to voice your opinion. I just find that opinion sad.

And how in the heck was I suppose to know where you lived in the past? Mind reading?

I find anyone who agrees that gay people are normal sad myself.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Wouldn't we all?! I would love to be a snowbird at 30 years old!! lol

Best of both worlds IMO. I'm 40, but I don't see it happening for a long time down the road. Plenty of years of work left in myself and my wife and I, and our son right now is only 10. Unless of course I win the lottery.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
And how in the heck was I suppose to know where you lived in the past? Mind reading?

Define "normal". I have the feeling it's a very fine line.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Perhaps you should not have been so quick to assume you are the only one on this thread who has lived in both places. I did mention that there are not as many birds in Florida as there are in Ohio - kind of a hint that I knew that because I had lived in Ohio. I guess I should have started my comment with "I lived in Ohio from June 1980 to June 2013".

I have not, by the way, run into any "aggressive" gays here in Vero Beach. As long as their lifestyle does not interfere with others and is among consenting adults, this is a free country and everyone should be able to love whomever they choose, without fear of suppression or ridicule.

This is not a religious forum so I do not intend to continue this disagreement here. I just hope the original poster will not get an unbalanced view of life in Florida.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:59 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Meanwhile on a parallel message board, there's a nice gay family talking bout how for the most part, they love central Florida except for a handful of horrible bigots the next neighborhood over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida