Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:30 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lead sentence in the article the OP posted.
If you're gonna go to Tally and exercise those rights, swing by and pick me up.....I have a few rights of my own that need to be exercised!!
TALLAHASSEE — Due to a shockingly large deficit, Gov. Rick Scott is planning to invoke his emergency powers and make deep cuts to the rates charged by group homes and caseworkers who help the developmentally disabled.

Deficit prompts Gov. Rick Scott to plan cuts to services for developmentally disabled - St. Petersburg Times
For sure, just stand by the side of 75 and I'll slow down enough for your to hop in . Thanks for the clarification, I thought the poster was asking about the overall state budget cuts rather than what the OP had posted. Silly me for jumping right in without reading that story. Nevertheless I'm ticked and I'm naming off the Amendments from the Bill or Rights right now with the craziest grin on my face: "1, 2...oh 3, 4" and so on and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
My middle son is Autistic...imagine how well this sits with me and how much this makes me "love" Florida!
I AM SO VERY VERY SORRY!

I have a 47 going on 48 year old mentally retarded brother who needs constant attention which my Mom has given him all of his life here in NJ.

My parents were thinking of possibly moving to Florida till I found out about the home insurance(S) price, availability and future pricing but as well as most importantly when just two days ago I happen to make a call to a "state of florida agency for persons with disabilities" office to a nice lady who gave me the time of day and to explain that he'd be put on a huge statewide "White List" which is an extremely long wait and even not guaranteed that he'd get the disposable diapers, medical and the few hours of homemaker help he gets now in NJ if at all and even depending if there were any monies left by that time - that was the nail in the coffin. So this news article came while this was still so very fresh in my mind.

I say it's time to get out of Florida (if possible) for your sons sake.

May GOD Bless You and Yours and hope that things will work out well.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Nothing in this pathetic country will change until we start putting people before profits.
There's plenty wrong with government(s) and widespread massive corruption in this country.

The proverbial will hit the fan eventually as what's going on with this country as well as financially is not sustainable IMHO.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
For sure, just stand by the side of 75 and I'll slow down enough for your to hop in . Thanks for the clarification, I thought the poster was asking about the overall state budget cuts rather than what the OP had posted. Silly me for jumping right in without reading that story. Nevertheless I'm ticked and I'm naming off the Amendments from the Bill or Rights right now with the craziest grin on my face: "1, 2...oh 3, 4" and so on and so forth.
I'm pretty partial to 1 and 2.....cant keep my mouth shut when I encounter injustice and stupidity, and we have things out here in the woods here that can eat people, besides the obvious reasons for 2.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lead sentence in the article the OP posted.
If you're gonna go to Tally and exercise those rights, swing by and pick me up.....I have a few rights of my own that need to be exercised!!
TALLAHASSEE — Due to a shockingly large deficit, Gov. Rick Scott is planning to invoke his emergency powers and make deep cuts to the rates charged by group homes and caseworkers who help the developmentally disabled.

Deficit prompts Gov. Rick Scott to plan cuts to services for developmentally disabled - St. Petersburg Times
He's cutting in the very wrong place IMHO that affects helpless human beings in many cases.

There are so many in this country who need to be harshly humbled long term from their so-called high and mighty attitudes and wealth IMHO.

Take care.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
He's cutting in the very wrong place IMHO that affects helpless human beings in many cases.

There are so many in this country who need to be harshly humbled long term from their so-called high and mighty attitudes and wealth IMHO.

Take care.
Cant say that I disagree with a single thing you have said!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,949,187 times
Ride on Kshe, just don't pull a Cheney on me if we head up to Tally, bird shot hurts like hell and will ruin my youthful face.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Ride on Kshe, just don't pull a Cheney on me if we head up to Tally, bird shot hurts like hell and will ruin my youthful face.
People need to go Jersey on him and whomever is part of the corruption.

Urban Dictionary: Going Jersey

Old 03-31-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Lol, I'm a waaaaaay better shot than Cheney!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,723 times
If anyone seriously read the entire story, they'd see where the previous governor, and the legislators, made this day happen. The outcome is beyond serious, it's something that must be dealt with in a way that can legally happen.

Beyond this immediate action, people should hold both Crist and the current legislators responsible that forced this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida