Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM

Location: Chesterfield in Beautiful Massachusetts, New England
76 posts, read 174,123 times

Advertisements

I still cannot get why people like Floriduh? Is it the 90+ degree weather for 6 months or so? High cost of living? Low pay? The overcrowdedness(sp) everywhere? The soaring crime rates? The total lack of culture???? I can't figure it out.

I have been here for 12 years and thankfully I will be out of here in 3 days. I loved Florida when I first came, but it went steadily downhill from there. I first lived in Orlando in 1995, it was great...for a couple years. Then I steadily got more and more less fond of Florida. Too hot, unless you lived on the equator it's too humid and the air is just NASTY. I tried Melbourne, not bad there. Vero Beach is nice. I'll tell you what... Naples is the crappiest city here, they act like it is the best place on earth... YA IF YOU ARE A MILLIONARE!!!! Otherwise it sucks. Fort Myers is surely becoming a miami(crime). I'm just glad to go. I'm sure I will get responses from people saying "one less person" or "good, go" I don't care, you can have this crap hole state...

Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM

36 posts, read 219,929 times
Okay will that is simply your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
They like it because it is better than where they came from!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM

7 posts, read 30,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher441970 View Post
I still cannot get why people like Floriduh? Is it the 90+ degree weather for 6 months or so? High cost of living? Low pay? The overcrowdedness(sp) everywhere? The soaring crime rates? The total lack of culture???? I can't figure it out.

I have been here for 12 years and thankfully I will be out of here in 3 days. I loved Florida when I first came, but it went steadily downhill from there. I first lived in Orlando in 1995, it was great...for a couple years. Then I steadily got more and more less fond of Florida. Too hot, unless you lived on the equator it's too humid and the air is just NASTY. I tried Melbourne, not bad there. Vero Beach is nice. I'll tell you what... Naples is the crappiest city here, they act like it is the best place on earth... YA IF YOU ARE A MILLIONARE!!!! Otherwise it sucks. Fort Myers is surely becoming a miami(crime). I'm just glad to go. I'm sure I will get responses from people saying "one less person" or "good, go" I don't care, you can have this crap hole state...
I live in Orlando & agree with you 100%. ...Want out of here!.
Also lived in NYC, NJ & Boston ...
Don't want to return to the cold weather & high cost of living...
Just curious...where are you going in 3 days that is better than Florida?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 PM

Moving back to cold weather, snow and fresh air... Massachusetts! I'm moving to the extreme western part of the state where I'm from. The cost of living is much cheaper than here in Cape Coral, FL. It used to be the other way around, Florida was and I stress "WAS" cheap. Now I can live in Mass. for less...

I miss the change of seasons, I miss a cold Christmas. Not going out in shorts on Christmas and Thanksgiving like here. It will take getting used to, but I will get used to cold again.

I have no love for Florida anymore...

Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
They like it because it is better than where they came from!
So be it, but I have seen a LOT of people come here and go right back to where they came from!!!! Heck, very good friends of mine just went back to Illinois 2 weeks ago. they were here for 2 years and had enough.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Too funny. I read an article yesterday that the areas that are seeing population increases from folks leaving states like FL are also seeing their real estate prices skyrocket (sound familiar, fellow Floridians?). So there's really no Nirvana anywhere, I guess. No perfect state.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,657,411 times
Have a nice trip! Bye bye.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 PM

130 posts, read 597,750 times
MrTudo, LOL!

I bid thee farewell Massachusetts. I enjoyed Boston quite a bit when I'd work @ shows @ the Hynes.. and visit out east coast counterparts in Canton.

Populations ebb and flow like the tide. For instance, I just had a chat w. my sis-in-law's dad. They are down here from the big PA, and smell blood in the water (here in Northwest Florida). Ready to purchase a condo tomorrow, if the deal is right, and they can generate some positive cash flow (which they easily will be able to do). For instance, in one very nice complex, top of the market purchasers were @ $180k) current one's available w. upgrades like tile, new appliances, vaulted ceilings, now going for $120k.

Like I said, the one's who can't hang, have already jumped for exits.. the rest, will be buried by their debt.. can you say "motivated, financially distressed, sellers?" LOL!

Peace out!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 AM

Don't care about real estate in Florida, I wouldn't buy a house here to save my life, it's the cost of living and crappy pay, hot weather, CRIME!!!!!

Gee I wonder why Florida has the largest inventory of houses up for sale in the U.S. that never sell??? Every sign has "reduced" on it around here.

Good luck to all you who stay and like it here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida