Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 PM

663 posts, read 1,145,112 times

Advertisements

I don't know where your moving, but we have several lower middle class black neighborhoods, in Tampa,
that I would be very comfortable living in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,962 times
I'm white, but blacks are human beings too.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 PM

495 posts, read 2,329,471 times
Good luck because the odds are very long against you.

Sorry bout that.

But that is the real world.

I hope that I am wrong.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Good luck because the odds are very long against you.

Sorry bout that.

But that is the real world.

I hope that I am wrong.

Keep us posted how it goes.
Totally agree. Also, the high burglary rate and the excessive "hanging out" in the park with spillover into the yard - I really don't think anyone could be OK for that for long - I wouldn't tolerate it for a minute. I'd think realllllly long and hard about making what I think will be a HUGE mistake.

good luck on it, OP.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Check this study out.

Crime in the Hood

Hopefully it will sober you to how long the odds are against you.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM

323 posts, read 529,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would recommend finding out about the crime rate as well. It is well documented that most all-black neighborhoods are crime-ridden and I would think as the sole white resident you'd be targeted. Something to consider.
WOW - The more things change the more things and people's thoughts and attitudes stay the same

Old 10-11-2011, 08:06 PM

323 posts, read 529,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacahootaman View Post
Check this study out.

Crime in the Hood

Hopefully it will sober you to how long the odds are against you.
Unbelievable - but not really - the so called data sited is from data reported to be from 1994 - and the article is from 1999 - it's sad that people don;t do more research before stating things as fact

I had a gun license/safety class from a white FBI agent 2 yrs ago - and the documented facts he gave the class do not support what this article states.

This just seems like more scare and divide tactics to divide people who are trying to get along In the mean time - the products of the American educational system get dumber and lack analytical, investigative and minor problem solving skills

Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would recommend finding out about the crime rate as well. It is well documented that most all-black neighborhoods are crime-ridden and I would think as the sole white resident you'd be targeted. Something to consider.
....and white people in jacked up trucks with rebel flag decals on the windows never carry weapons or cause any trouble.
I'd be the only white person in a black neighborhood before I'd be the only liberal living among the aforementioned.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Unbelievable - but not really - the so called data sited is from data reported to be from 1994 - and the article is from 1999 - it's sad that people don;t do more research before stating things as fact
Well violent crime has declined since the 90s but it still in bad in certain areas.

Here is something of more recent vintage from a North Palm Beach neighborhood. Admittedly, not a small town though.

Warning some foul language in the intro:

Hoodlife2 - YouTube

Hood Life 3 : Ghetto Fights, Gangstas, and Thugs - YouTube

Quote:
I had a gun license/safety class from a white FBI agent 2 yrs ago - and the documented facts he gave the class do not support what this article states.
Did he mention the documented fact that young black males over the age of 15 and under the age of 60, which make up about 4 percent of the population, have committed over 50 percent of the murders in the USA since 1975?

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-15-2011, 02:56 AM

48 posts, read 140,502 times
Gosh, I'm black and I hate threads like this. It's a valid question though.

You have two things.. Regular "black neighborhoods" and then there's "the hood".
Of course the latter is where you don't want to be if you can help it. But most black neighborhoods are just working class people making ends meet like everybody else. is far is curtis he goes and dealing with everybody else, if you mind your own business and are courteous then there shouldn't be a problem. A wave from time to time, saying hello, the usual.

White people have this really irrational fear of us blacks and I (we) can sense it. I can't tell you how many old ladies I see stiffen up.when I get in the same elevator with them. (Generalization of course) Nobody is immune to home invasions so thats whatever. I wouldn't care where I lived, I would always keep a firearm somewhere in the house. You'll always have ghetto people that don't want to change much like you'll always have violent racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida