Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:08 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,657,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post

I could pretty much be happy anywhere....but I'm glad I'm here

Excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 PM

975 posts, read 3,731,602 times
Default honestly hockeyMom

you would be disappointed if you were back up here in NY right now. It's been unusually warm and humid this fall due to Global Climate Change, and the foliage sucks this year. There have been several days in October when I've had to use the AC. No autumn feeling at all. Anyone else on the forum who's still living in New York can attest that I'm not lying about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
I got up late for work yesterday and said the hell with the "great" Florida weather. It's FALL already. I don't care if it is 90 degrees. I am wearing LONG PANTS. It felt wonderful. Besides, one of the perks of fall/winter clothes as opposed to shorts, is that you don't have to SHAVE YOUR LEGS. LOL

There are benefits to not having to wear shorts, if you didn't know that.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,663,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmkiszewski View Post
I moved to Naples, Fl a little over a year ago from Phoenix AZ. I found a very good high paying job, which I love to death. I found a cool house me and my boyfriend are renting right now for a pretty good price, definitely not overpriced. I would never be able to live somewhere it snows. However, in AZ I was unable to do outdoor activities since it was so hot, I don't care if it is called a dry heat. Put your oven on a 120 degrees and open the door that's exactly how it feels. So I love the weather here too. Especially since Naples barely gets hit by hurricanes. (Accept Wilma). I love it here and don't want to move ever again.

Thank you for posting this.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:59 PM

627 posts, read 2,850,140 times
I love:
  • The smell of Orange Blossoms in the air
  • My Pointsettias live all year round!!
  • I can hear the Elementry school bell ring (I know it is time to walk up and get my wee one to come home), the church choir practice and watch the wood peckers in the woods (across the street) all from my front lawn.
  • Winter Weather!
  • AND YES, I have said this before... My cars do not RUST and Rot away, here in Ocala!

Old 10-21-2007, 03:01 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
you would be disappointed if you were back up here in NY right now. It's been unusually warm and humid this fall due to Global Climate Change, and the foliage sucks this year. There have been several days in October when I've had to use the AC. No autumn feeling at all. Anyone else on the forum who's still living in New York can attest that I'm not lying about this.
Yep, my family told me that it was pretty warm in NE OH yesterday & the leaves are just starting to fall (sorta later than usual). My husband was up there 2 weeks ago & it was in the high 80s. It will snow in April as it usually does.

But, it was still another hot & humid day in SW FL & that never changes.

I love the Southwest Florida International Airport...my flights leaving here have never left late.

Seriously, though, it's hard not to appreciate Publix. I wish those were nationwide.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:43 PM

oh, I love Publix. There is nothing worse on this planet than Stop 'n' Shop, the grocery store chain in New York, except maybe for the dreadful "bodega" style supermarkets they have here in some places. Trader Joe's is the only point of sanity here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Yep, my family told me that it was pretty warm in NE OH yesterday & the leaves are just starting to fall (sorta later than usual). My husband was up there 2 weeks ago & it was in the high 80s. It will snow in April as it usually does.

But, it was still another hot & humid day in SW FL & that never changes.

I love the Southwest Florida International Airport...my flights leaving here have never left late.

Seriously, though, it's hard not to appreciate Publix. I wish those were nationwide.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 PM

672 posts, read 906,160 times
Default My daughter told me that

Quote:
She said it was 80 the other day and that the leaves aren't really changing. However, the upcoming week forecast temps in the low 60s and low 50s to high 40s. That is about right.

She was very glum about all this. I told her to be patient. It will change soon. You could have 90 degrees like here.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM

627 posts, read 2,850,140 times
I think we have gotten off topic here LOL

Not that it does not happen Often in this forum! hahaha
I also love the fact I do not need to buy snow tires! hehehe

Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM

Default I just found the answer:

Climate change blamed for fading foliage - Yahoo! News (broken link)

This doubles my resolve to move to Florida--since foliage will soon be a thing of the past, I won't miss it when I move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
She said it was 80 the other day and that the leaves aren't really changing. However, the upcoming week forecast temps in the low 60s and low 50s to high 40s. That is about right.

She was very glum about all this. I told her to be patient. It will change soon. You could have 90 degrees like here.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Climate change blamed for fading foliage - Yahoo! News (broken link)

This doubles my resolve to move to Florida--since foliage will soon be a thing of the past, I won't miss it when I move.
Just hope you have been smart enough to cross SWFL off your list

There is no foliage or any sort of nature minus a palm tree planted by a developer in SWFL.

But, there are quite a few Publix though you kinda have to seperate the better run ones from the ones that have a funky smell when you walk in.

MyHomeIsInOcala- do they even sell snow tires anymore ??

Someone mentioned on another post about snow drifts. THAT I HAD forgotten about...I can take the snow & ice, but sometimes those drifts can be difficult to conquer.

We did see dolphins one time at Sanibel. That was nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida