Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2006, 12:24 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times

Advertisements

i lived in wpb and sebring for 13 yrs or so, been living in the mtns of nc now for about 12 yrs. we are relocating to orlando area where we want to live for a few yrs. but then we might decide to move elsewhere, perhaps jax area or somewhere close to the ocean.

i dont mind the heat in the summer, but now that i have been living in nc for a while, i am not used to the fla heat. it gets hot here in nc, it was 87 or so yesterday, but i wouldnt mind a little cooler temps in the summer. a breeze would be nice, that's why i'm thinking somewhere on the coast. i know jaxville gets cool in the winter, and that might be kind of nice. we have friends in jax bch and like it there. laid back and friendly area it seems when we are there. i have family in s fla, but it's sooooo expensive to live there. i wouldnt mind living in the rpb/pbg/wellington area, but too expensive.

if i wanted to live in a place that had cooler temps in the summer, and the occasional cold in the winter, wouldnt ne fla be the place. plus, homes are less expensive.

i will be in the residential construction biz and my wife is an rn.

thanks!!!

ps -i know a lot of floridians like to visit the mtns of nc, so if you got any questions, i may be able to help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2006, 07:57 PM

105 posts, read 622,377 times
I'm in Jax Beach, sounds like I don't need to sell you on this area.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:13 PM

80 posts, read 465,722 times
Yeah I have a Question BacktoFl , What city you near in NC? Im from Asheville area Im a Roofing Contractor I have been down in FL for a while working and I am wanting to go back to NC mountains how is building this spring in NC? and what areas have a lot going on?

Old 05-31-2006, 09:40 PM

Default hi mtn man

i dont want to give too much away (cause i may accidentally make someone mad at me) but i am very, very close to asheville. asheville is a nice place, and i see why a lot of ppl move here from all over the place. the views are great.

i am not in the residential construction biz yet, but obviously i can tell you that with the growth of this area, construction is always going on. you probably won't see the volume like you see down there in fla, but there are still a lot of building going on. if we were not moving back to fla, we'd probably move to charlotte or raleigh area, due to lack of builders here (as far as the bigger, nationwide builders). hope this helps.... fire away if you have any more questions...

Old 06-02-2006, 09:13 PM

110 posts, read 168,338 times
Backtofl,
Now I got you thinking about Raleigh!!! (of course you are smart enough to think of it your self!!!) Raleigh... that's the place to be... I can't wait... 7 weeks and counting down!

Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM

yeah, if my wife and i were going to stay in nc, we'd probably move to raleigh or charlotte, cause there's more to do...

i am not sure exactly how hot it gets in the summer (i know it doesnt snow there much at all), but when we were in the raleigh/durham area last september or so, it was a lot warmer there than it was here in the mtns. it reminded my wife and i of fla (we like warm). it gets quite a bit warmer in raleigh/durham area; probably not much difference than central fla in the summer... but you are used to the heat. it may seem a little cooler there in nc, perhaps by a couple degrees.

it's funny when, watching the weather channel, it's like 83 degrees here in western nc, 88 degrees or so in west palm beach, and it's 90 degrees in the piedmont area of nc!!! but i think you'll like it there. living in nc, raliegh is the place to be if you like warmer weather, things to do, good economy, etc...

raliegh is nice, but st augustine is the place to be!!! :0)

it may have been 2 summers ago

Last edited by Marka; 06-03-2006 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 06-03-2006, 07:24 AM

110 posts, read 168,338 times
I love St Augustine!!! My husband and I had one of our first dates there... We had so much fun, there is so much to do or just do nothing and watch the boats... LOVE it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida