Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsman View Post
Oh no, we do have papers filed and everything that state I was renting from her, there just isn't any certain time period that I'm renting for on them.
There is another aspect also in that you moved in and have accepted the responsibility to take care of all her personal possessions. I know you dismiss this quickly in your original post but it can't be dismissed it is what she claims. She claims you either stole, sold or gave away her possessions. If push comes to shove are you prepared to defend yourself against the accusations? After all, you are the only one living there. Why don't you want to just walk away from this problem before it gets really ugly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
There is another aspect also in that you moved in and have accepted the responsibility to take care of all her personal possessions. I know you dismiss this quickly in your original post but it can't be dismissed it is what she claims. She claims you either stole, sold or gave away her possessions. If push comes to shove are you prepared to defend yourself against the accusations? After all, you are the only one living there. Why don't you want to just walk away from this problem before it gets really ugly?
Personally, I think there is a lot we don't know here about the situation, therefore we shouldn't be giving advice. This forum is for people wanting to find out about places to move to, not for giving legal advice, especially when we probably don't have all the facts.

JMO

Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Agreed.

The OP needs to understand that none of us are giving legal advice at all, we are merely trying to help her/him with a situation.

In my rentals I own, I always give the renter the benefit of at least 30 days, unless there is something wrong, then I have forced people out in 3 days, as a landlord as you need to do is show a potential that your property is at risk with this tenant and most judges will sign a 3 day eviction notice with some proof of this information.

Since we do not know the whole story, all of us are merly making suggestions and not giving legal advice to the OP, my suggestion is to get out of the house before the landlord files thief ( personal belongings being missing as the OP states she claims ) or trespassing charges.

I would be out tomorrow and move into a hotel if I had to.

To make it clear, no one is giving you legal advise, we are only suggesting ways to help you with your issue. You should be contacting an attorney for any legal advice you may need.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:16 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I wonder if the fact that the utilities are in Gator's name would make a difference?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:28 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,032,562 times
Gator is a tenant. On a month to month lease. 15 days notice is required to end a month to month lease. That has been delivered.

If Gator is not out at the end of the month, then the eviction is filed. Gator will lose. This is a simple case. Don't make it more than it is.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM

101 posts, read 311,733 times
FL is made to protect the wealthy and since they are the homeowners in most cases your screwed. Start looking for something you'll have about 45 days at the most.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
Gator is a tenant. On a month to month lease. 15 days notice is required to end a month to month lease. That has been delivered.

If Gator is not out at the end of the month, then the eviction is filed. Gator will lose. This is a simple case. Don't make it more than it is.
True, and if the eviction is filed, I think the eviction can happen in as little as 3 days from filing......it won't be pretty, the Sheriff will show up and you will have to move out now, whether you've packed your belongings or not (and they have no obligation, nor will they, wait while you pack your things ).

Old 10-17-2007, 12:25 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,495,347 times
Check these links out Gator and you may find your answer.

Florida Landlord-Tenant Law - MegaLaw.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida