Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalizing marijuana?
Yes 86 73.50%
No 18 15.38%
Only Medically 13 11.11%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

While I respect your opinion, your understanding is skewed.

1. Only medical marijuana is legal in AZ.

2. No drug stays "in your system" for 30 days. Metabolites from certain substanes do.

3. Alcohol has ruined more careers than marijuana will ever.

4. Nobody in history has died from the consumption of marijuana, in real time or after years of chronic use.

5. 42% of people surveyed in the U.S. had tried marijuana at least once.

6. Over 30 million people in the United States regularly smoke marijuana.

Pop in a copy of "Refer Madness" to reinforce your thinking. Have a couple of beers while viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
No, they don't, this includes all drugs including Alcohol period. Banning alcohol did not work during Probation from the 1920's.

Dope stays in your system up to 30 days and one could easily fail a drug screening test. Having a beer or a glass of wine actually helps the digestion. Of course anything in excess is not good.

We must exercise common sense.

Is smoking a doobie worth your career. Worth destroying your families life style??? Putting food on the table.

If you are have been a business manager or ran a business it makes perfect thinking. When you run a business you have bigger responsibilities to make profit, and pay the bills and pay your employees who should be giving 100% for the success of the business.

The good news is the majority of people do not even smoke with the focus on good health. Even though it is legal in many states it really has not caught on.

Plus one cannot even smoke a Good Old Marlboro any more in Public Buildings!
So do you really think having legal Weed is gong to fit in your business plan? Now if your are self employed go right ahead, but please don't drive or operate equipment.!:sma ck:

It should be illegal and should not be consider as a normal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
While I respect your opinion, your understanding is skewed.

1. Only medical marijuana is legal in AZ.

2. No drug stays "in your system" for 30 days. Metabolites from certain substanes do.

3. Alcohol has ruined more careers than marijuana will ever.

4. Nobody in history has died from the consumption of marijuana, in real time or after years of chronic use.

5. 42% of people surveyed in the U.S. had tried marijuana at least once.

6. Over 30 million people in the United States regularly smoke marijuana.

Pop in a copy of "Refer Madness" to reinforce your thinking. Have a couple of beers while viewing.
WELL then we do have a diiferance of views here. I just can't see why we need to incourgage any drugs including achohol .
Its a slippery path my friend.

Arizona I do not see people complianing they can't get Pot. Demand has not been what the proponates thought it would.

If it ever does get to be " Legal " , hopefully it will not be main stay and people just walk away like regular Cigs. The other consideration is Dope Smoking can be a gate drug to more dangious levels of drugs.
The business risk still remain and as a manager I would terminate any I previeve to be using drugs or have the efffects of such on my job site. The saftey of others returning to thier families is job one to me.

Question do really partake in Pot smoking and if it was legal would people use this a recreational drug on a regular basis??

You should be careful what you wish for!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 PM

411 posts, read 831,544 times
Quote:
WELL then we do have a diiferance of views here. I just can't see why we need to incourgage any drugs including achohol .

Arizona I do not see people complianing they can't get Pot. Demand has not been what the proponates thought it would.

If it ever does get to be " Legal " , hopefully it will not be main stay and people just walk away like regular Cigs. The other consideration is Dope Smoking can be a gate drug to more dangious levels of drugs.
The business risk still remain and as a manager I would terminate any I previeve to be using drugs or have the efffects of such on my job site. The saftey of others returning to thier families is job one to me.

Question do really partake in Pot smoking and if it was legal would people use this a recreational drug on a regular basis??

The legalization of marijuana is about freedom, man. The government not arresting and imprisoning people for merely having marijuana is not an endorsement of marijuana mind you, rather it is an endorsement of freedom.

Guns and automobiles make the world a far more dangerous than legal marijuana does, I mean why should we not just ban guns and cars?

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, this is a dumb idea put forth by people who did not know or understand what they were speaking about in order to control people. By this dumb insane logic, certainly caffeine should be banned.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Yes, a simple difference of opinion. The U.S. Govt has spent BILLIONS of dollars trying to remove what is no more than a plant since the 1930's. Billions. The money would have been better spent to eliminate lawn weeds. Just think of all the herbicides that we could have prevented the use of if that money was spent to eliminate crabgrass. The govt. continues to spend the money in their war on drugs even though almost 1/2 of the states have decriminalized or legalized this plant. Kinda silly, isnt it?

A few decades ago the U.S. govt sent airplanes over Mexico to spray the poison Paraquat, one of the most widely used herbicides in the world. Paraquat, a quick-acting and non-selective chemical killing green plant tissue on contact. It is also toxic to human beings and animals. Research has shown that it is linked to development of Parkinson's disease.

It is and always has been a naturally growing plant that requires no human intervention to be useful. No added chemicals, no processing, as natural as wheat, corn or cotton. All these years and the battle against it still rages. Weird if you ask me.

While I do not use it, I don't think that hundreds of thousands of people should have been imprisoned for years because of their involvement with this plant. If it were legal here in FL I'd probably treat it as I do alcohol. I rarely use alcohol. I may have a couple of beers in a social setting or a beer at home once in a while, but never more than 2 or 3 12oz containers of it at any one time. I have not used distilled spirits in over 25 years.

We are allowed to own and use guns, alcohol, and an endless list of prescription drugs simply because it is difficult if not impossible to create these things on our own. Thereby allowing big businesses to do it for us at astronomically large profits. PROFITS. That is why it is even illegal to allow the plant to grow in your backyard. No PROFIT. I can grow anything else I want, but not that plant. Why not? Because its "dangerous"? Tobacco has been killing us off by the tens of thousands for years yet since there is profit to large corporations it is OK to process and sell for easy consumption and the govt. allows the tobacco companies to add in about 500 chemicals to the mix and sell it.

I do not believe that cocaine, heroin, meth, or any other concoction should be allowed. Those are all man made (and so is distilled alcohol) by man. They are all extremely harmful. However, the green plant to grows out of the ground as naturally as the weeds in my lawn should not be illegal, controlled, banned or otherwise hampered. Again, the only reason it was outlawed is simple. PROFITS.

I can clearly recall construction workers sitting on the sidewalk in front of construction sites with a ham and cheese sandwich in one hand and a can of beer in the other. Surely that still happens today.

Quote:

Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,820,528 times
No, too unhealthy.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limehousemiller View Post
The legalization of marijuana is about freedom, man. The government not arresting and imprisoning people for merely having marijuana is not an endorsement of marijuana mind you, rather it is an endorsement of freedom.

Guns and automobiles make the world a far more dangerous than legal marijuana does, I mean why should we not just ban guns and cars?

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, this is a dumb idea put forth by people who did not know or understand what they were speaking about in order to control people. By this dumb insane logic, certainly caffeine should be banned.
I do noy know what gerneration you come from, but I have seen my days of a good time. In the 1970's I can remember my fellow class mates so stoned they could barely get to class. These same people now have a janitor job in the same HS they attended and they are waste cases to this day.

In the 80 and 90;s we had the cocain thing going on and peopled died.

currently we have the meth thing and it is equally as dangerious.

Clearly there are folks who support Pot legalization and think its OK. The problem is you sending a message to your kids thats it OK to use any drug. If you have wine and beer its all about drinking wine and beer with dinnner of a special occation and or moderation.

Responible adults with Famillies have common sence on the recreational products.

For many people like my self I am senstive to even a Asprine. MSG knocks my socks off and so on.

this is not about Freedom. Freedom comes with responibilty.

Perhaps the penities are a little strong and we are wasting tax payer money on little fish. I get it! How much tax money you think is out there?

We should think carefully on this and explores the pos and negs.

Many pro Pot Folks have seem to forgot the liability issues of useing POT as I have posted eariler. There is more to this than getting high in your basement.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Each and everyone of of your reasons apply to alcohol. Alcohol causes other social problems as well. Let's ban all alcohol products.
Not really! its simple don't report to work impaired on any substance.

Besides you can not compare the 2 equally. The cases of people showing work drunk is actually very small and besides if you drink anyone can smell on you 10 mikes out.

Oh I forgot, unless one belongs to the United Auto Workers Union. Its in their contact?

Just kidding!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Of course nobody should report to work under the influence of anything stronger than their morning coffee and I am sure not too many people would condone that, but studies are showing that good old booze is much more harmful to the individual and society as a whole than pot is. The states that have changed their laws as well as the feds saying they arent going to enforce federal law in those states carries a lot of weight in my book.

Quote:
Not really! its simple don't report to work impaired on any substance.

Besides you can not compare the 2 equally. The cases of people showing work drunk is actually very small and besides if you drink anyone can smell on you 10 mikes out.

Oh I forgot, unless one belongs to the United Auto Workers Union. Its in their contact?

Just kidding!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 PM

You are looking at it in simple terms. There are more folks walking out of bars flat out drunk then there are that are having a glass of wine or a beer or two with dinner. Take you guy who stops at the 7-11 every night for his 12 pack. Go to ABC Liquors and see people buying large quantities of liquor weekly. This has been going on since the end of prohibition and wont be stopping unless tighter controls on alcohol are made. Like a limit on how much you can buy in a month. Give the boozers a card and once they reach the buying limit they cant legally get more. A friend of mine used to say "I'd rather get in a car with a guy who just smoked a joint instead of a guy who just had two beers".

Quote:
I do noy know what gerneration you come from, but I have seen my days of a good time. In the 1970's I can remember my fellow class mates so stoned they could barely get to class. These same people now have a janitor job in the same HS they attended and they are waste cases to this day.

In the 80 and 90;s we had the cocain thing going on and peopled died.

currently we have the meth thing and it is equally as dangerious.

Clearly there are folks who support Pot legalization and think its OK. The problem is you sending a message to your kids thats it OK to use any drug. If you have wine and beer its all about drinking wine and beer with dinnner of a special occation and or moderation.

Responible adults with Famillies have common sence on the recreational products.

For many people like my self I am senstive to even a Asprine. MSG knocks my socks off and so on.

this is not about Freedom. Freedom comes with responibilty.

Perhaps the penities are a little strong and we are wasting tax payer money on little fish. I get it! How much tax money you think is out there?

We should think carefully on this and explores the pos and negs.

Many pro Pot Folks have seem to forgot the liability issues of useing POT as I have posted eariler. There is more to this than getting high in your basement.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleetan View Post
No, too unhealthy.
This is a absolute joke of a statement right?
Cigars and cigarettes are legal. Much much worse for a persons health than marajuana. On that note we should outlaw ice cream, hamburgers and French fries too.

What a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: