Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 12:50 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,166,748 times

Advertisements

For those who have never been to Hernando County.................

http://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=...504&set=vb.148
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 AM

34 posts, read 95,136 times
Looks beautiful!

Old 11-17-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Diamond View Post
Looks beautiful!
Yes, it is. The video concentrates on gated communities but anyone can take a cyber tour using Google Maps or Google Earth.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:30 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Heres another one..
By these videos Hernando county looks like paradise

Spring Hill Florida - YouTube

Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Heres another one..
By these videos Hernando county looks like paradise

Spring Hill Florida - YouTube
That was a good tour of the Parks and recreation areas here. They left out Linda Pederson Park though.

It looks the same with the naked eye as it does in the videos. If it is someones perception of paradise then so be it.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,985,723 times
According to comments on the Youtube video, those who live/lived there don't seem to think Hernando county is paradise

When I've been there I see too many confederate flags. Either the place was always that way or it attracts that type of people. I remember seeing cars with out of state plates flying those flags. I guess when they hear that a FL town was named after someone like Preston Brooks, they find paradise.

"Brooks, a congressman who nearly caned abolitionist Senator Charles Sumner to death in 1856 on the floor of the Senate after Sumner gave a speech which disparaged Brooks' uncle, Senator Andrew Butler."

Brooksville, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-18-2014, 08:35 AM

Ive been here 9 years. The only time I saw a confederate flag here is when some guy was flying a big one from a mast on his pick up truck. Seen that truck 2 or 3 times.

For a more rounded view, you should read the entries on Facebook.

Nobody said it was paradise.

What happened in 1856 is not something that makes a difference to me today. At least the guy stuck up for his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
According to comments on the Youtube video, those who live/lived there don't seem to think Hernando county is paradise

When I've been there I see too many confederate flags. Either the place was always that way or it attracts that type of people. I remember seeing cars with out of state plates flying those flags. I guess when they hear that a FL town was named after someone like Preston Brooks, they find paradise.

"Brooks, a congressman who nearly caned abolitionist Senator Charles Sumner to death in 1856 on the floor of the Senate after Sumner gave a speech which disparaged Brooks' uncle, Senator Andrew Butler."

Old 11-18-2014, 01:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:

Some of the locals having fun

Machine Gun Shoot Feb 23 2014 Hernando County Florida Sportsmans Club - YouTube

Old 11-23-2014, 01:11 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,985,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
45 minutes...Good Lord.

I thought the comments in the other youtube video you posted (not this one) were hilarious. A bunch of different users saying how much they hated living in Spring Hill, one called it Spring Hell.

The only thing I liked was seeing so many citrus trees in people's homes but the place did feel too rural even though is rather close to Tampa.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
45 minutes...Good Lord.

I thought the comments in the other youtube video you posted (not this one) were hilarious. A bunch of different users saying how much they hated living in Spring Hill, one called it Spring Hell.

The only thing I liked was seeing so many citrus trees in people's homes but the place did feel too rural even though is rather close to Tampa.
Facebook has a SPRING HELL page. There are very few entries there and most of them dont even relate to Spring Hill. There is also a SPRING HILL page that is loaded with people who are having a good time, enjoying the life here, wouldnt give it up for anything.

Different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida