Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 05:50 PM

663 posts, read 1,144,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
is this a joke? warm? fl heat n humidity is miserable half the yr.
No joke!
I Love the heat and the humidity!!! I'm freezing from mid November to April.
Why would anyone that doesn't love the heat, move to Florida???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 11:29 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
No joke!
Exactly, I love the heat and humidity. My skin dries out really easily and I hate having to refill my freaking humidifier every night or else I wake up with dry itchy feeling skin. It's like a person moving to Alaska who hates the cold or a person moving to Seattle who hates rain.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:06 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,117,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyff67 View Post
No joke!
My family is the same way. They love Floridas heat. They live down in Naples and they get cold fronts maybe 10 times a year where is drops into the 50s at night and they complain. Lol.

I love 50-60 weather, which is why I am trying to move up north.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:52 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
My family is the same way. They love Floridas heat. They live down in Naples and they get cold fronts maybe 10 times a year where is drops into the 50s at night and they complain. Lol.

I love 50-60 weather, which is why I am trying to move up north.
We've been extremely warm this year in Naples. This time last year we had the windows open already. We are still looking at 90s through November 7th at least. It's a drag. I prefer seasonal change over this. Didn't bother decorating this year, still feels like summer. Next year I'll be in NC so I'm just kind of gritting and bearing it for now.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
We've been extremely warm this year in Naples. This time last year we had the windows open already. We are still looking at 90s through November 7th at least. It's a drag. I prefer seasonal change over this. Didn't bother decorating this year, still feels like summer. Next year I'll be in NC so I'm just kind of gritting and bearing it for now.

Man NC is getting all the former Floridians lol. Did you decide where in NC?

Old 10-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
In Naples I always expect to have the AC blairing well into December. Can't stand it. It's like there is never fresh air in my home.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:20 PM

27,174 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Man NC is getting all the former Floridians lol. Did you decide where in NC?
It's seems that way, especially around Western NC. I think Upstate SC is seeing a lot of that too around Greenville-Spartanburg where it's less expensive, but still similar.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:49 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
^^ oh yeah, definitely. East TN AND Northern GA too.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:23 PM

21 posts, read 25,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
In Naples I always expect to have the AC blairing well into December. Can't stand it. It's like there is never fresh air in my home.
I used to associate Florida with the outdoors, before I moved here. I've spent more time couped up in Fl than anywhere I've lived. Unhealthy place to live year round. Dec- March is not worth spending the rest of the year in FL, for me.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowallergy View Post
I used to associate Florida with the outdoors, before I moved here. I've spent more time couped up in Fl than anywhere I've lived. Unhealthy place to live year round. Dec- March is not worth spending the rest of the year in FL, for me.
It is what you make of it. Most of my family loves boating and they take their boats out at least once a week and they really enjoy that warm weather. I mostly stay couped up in the AC though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida