Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:10 AM

110 posts, read 110,168 times

Advertisements

That depends, there are many rentals down here in South Florida. I would like to give you a blanket answer but it all varies from community to community and whether or not you are looking at a single family home or a condo/townhouse. Like just about everywhere though, you should be prepared to pay a security and first/last months rent up front. I have seen decently priced two bed two bath, it all depends on where you want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 12:00 PM

210 posts, read 305,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaverso View Post
That depends, there are many rentals down here in South Florida. I would like to give you a blanket answer but it all varies from community to community and whether or not you are looking at a single family home or a condo/townhouse. Like just about everywhere though, you should be prepared to pay a security and first/last months rent up front. I have seen decently priced two bed two bath, it all depends on where you want to be.
Ya know I never got that first month last month rent thing. I totally understand the first month but past month too? Is it like a security deposit where they just want to see if I'm responsible enough than give it back to me or do I really have to pay for a whole month of rent that I never used and never get it back?

Old 07-05-2016, 12:17 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontworryboutit View Post
Ya know I never got that first month last month rent thing. I totally understand the first month but past month too? Is it like a security deposit where they just want to see if I'm responsible enough than give it back to me or do I really have to pay for a whole month of rent that I never used and never get it back?

We require last months rent because if you don't, your tenants will try and live out their security deposit for the last month. So, it's first, last, and security. You can thank the deadbeats.

Your question is odd. You aren't paying PAST month, you are paying LAST month. Not last month as in the month prior to the one you moved in. It's the last month of YOUR lease.

Old 07-05-2016, 01:38 PM

Ohhhhhh now I see as in the last monthnpf your lease, I totally get it now. I didn't know that you yourself owned property, how much do you charge for rent for a studio and/or one bedroom?

Old 07-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhhh now I see as in the last monthnpf your lease, I totally get it now. I didn't know that you yourself owned property, how much do you charge for rent for a studio and/or one bedroom?
Prices fluctuate from community to community the same way they fluctuate from city to city. As I said before, it all depends on where you want to live.

Old 07-05-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Prices fluctuate from community to community the same way they fluctuate from city to city. As I said before, it all depends on where you want to live.
I would ask where the cheapest is but it probably varies as you said and cheaper doesn't necessarily mean safer or close to the beach either.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I would ask where the cheapest is but it probably varies as you said and cheaper doesn't necessarily mean safer or close to the beach either.
Exactly! If you are looking for the area between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, there are options that may meet what you are looking for. There are some places in Delray Beach, West Palm, Deerfield Beach and Boynton Beach, where depending on your rent budget, may serve you well.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Exactly! If you are looking for the area between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, there are options that may meet what you are looking for. There are some places in Delray Beach, West Palm, Deerfield Beach and Boynton Beach, where depending on your rent budget, may serve you well.
Hmmm well right now the big thing is that I don't have my license yet. I obviously plan on getting it when I'm down there but I need a place where I can get too and from work easily. I'm used to take the train up here in Boston, I know there are buses down in FL ut if there as unreliable as the buses up here than I don't even want to think about them as option, so biking/walking it is!

Old 07-06-2016, 10:29 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,756 times
Some advice? Unless you've lived in hotter environments than Florida, then I will warn you now that the heat that you feel even on the worst days in Boston is a joke in comparison to Florida on a normal day.

85F doesn't feel like 85F in Boston. Beware of heat indexes. I hope that you have an extreme tolerance for long periods of heat with no breaks even when the sun goes down.

I'm from CT, moved to FL for 5 years, moved back to CT. I wouldn't live in that sort of environment again. It's simply too extreme for me (and I was living on the beach).

Old 07-06-2016, 03:21 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,960,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Some advice? Unless you've lived in hotter environments than Florida, then I will warn you now that the heat that you feel even on the worst days in Boston is a joke in comparison to Florida on a normal day.

85F doesn't feel like 85F in Boston. Beware of heat indexes. I hope that you have an extreme tolerance for long periods of heat with no breaks even when the sun goes down.

I'm from CT, moved to FL for 5 years, moved back to CT. I wouldn't live in that sort of environment again. It's simply too extreme for me (and I was living on the beach).
Agreed. People always told me oh it gets just as hot in NH as it does in Fla.. Not even close. It was 116 heat index here yesterday with 70% humidity. Wasn't even close to that in Boston. I call it reverse SADD here. It gets to the point where the sun and heat are unbearable for 6-8 months on end. We're not even in "summer" yet and we are triple digits. Come give us a visit mid August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida