Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,517 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering a move to the Tampa are. We have 3 children and are looking for good schools a family oriented community that is safe. I am looking for feedback on anything around Brandon, FL. Right now we are looking at Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Valrico and Riverview.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2006, 06:19 AM

110 posts, read 689,461 times
We moved to Tampa a couple of years ago and in our househunting for a new build, we had 2 choices: Riverview and Wesley Chapel/Land O Lakes. I lump Land O Lakes in with Wesley Chapel because they are next to each other. At first we looked at Riverview because we thought it was more affordable. Brandon was pretty much built out at that time - the only newbuilds were Townhomes. But we didn't feel comfortable in Riverview and it would have been more difficult to get to our jobs from there. We found that New Tampa - Wesley Chapel/Land O Lakes was more suitable. This area is really growing. They're finally building restaurants/shopping and it has great potential. Many of the communities are gated and are quite family-oriented. Too much so for our taste since we don't have kids. But if you do, this is a great area!

-- R&K

Old 02-19-2006, 02:40 PM

141 posts, read 754,396 times
Wesley Chapel, and Brandon are very, very congested! New Tampa is also, but not as much. Don't get me wrong, I love all three of these places, and if your willing to fight the traffic and congestion then I say go for it!

Old 02-21-2006, 07:44 PM

5 posts, read 27,257 times
Try Spring Hill...great place...close to Veterans Expressway..589...alot of house for the money...growing community...very nice!

Old 02-22-2006, 04:58 PM

3 posts, read 18,818 times
Default Geneva Florida`

Geneva is THE place to be. Still a small town with lots of Indian history, small town folk -- they have bluegrass jams at the VFW on the weekends. And to top it off, it's about 25 miles from Orlando and about 35-45 minutes from Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach (i.e., you are safe from hurricanes). Disney is around the corner and the economy is booming. Better hurry though, people are snatching up the land and houses quickly.
We are selling land right now and here's the link:
URL removed
Our website has a lot of great Geneva links for you to check out the area online.
Good luck searching!
Candy

Last edited by Marka; 02-22-2006 at 10:56 PM..

Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeniZ
My wife and I are considering a move to the Tampa are. We have 3 children and are looking for good schools a family oriented community that is safe. I am looking for feedback on anything around Brandon, FL. Right now we are looking at Wesley Chapel, Brandon, Valrico and Riverview.

Any thoughts?
Check out in wesley chapel meadow point and lexington oaks. Also going towards land o lakes on 54 there seems to be alot of building going on. Check on the internet also.

judy

Old 06-07-2006, 02:09 PM

5 posts, read 29,937 times
I am also looking to relocate to the area I was thinking of Fort Myers or Naples.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:16 PM

4 posts, read 9,538 times
east coast is a really nice area small town place and feel vero beach area is a nice place

Old 06-08-2006, 05:28 AM

467 posts, read 1,692,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clhamblin
Geneva is THE place to be. Still a small town with lots of Indian history, small town folk -- they have bluegrass jams at the VFW on the weekends. And to top it off, it's about 25 miles from Orlando and about 35-45 minutes from Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach (i.e., you are safe from hurricanes). Disney is around the corner and the economy is booming. Better hurry though, people are snatching up the land and houses quickly.
We are selling land right now and here's the link:
URL removed
Our website has a lot of great Geneva links for you to check out the area online.
Good luck searching!
Candy
isnt the landfill out in geneva????

Old 06-13-2006, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,506 times
I live in Riverview and love it. Check out my site at removed

Last edited by Marka; 06-14-2006 at 02:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida