Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 11:00 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times

Advertisements

THIS is the reality for millions of Floridians

Homeowners are finding their premiums are going up two- or three-fold. Some are being suddenly dropped by their provider and forced to find new coverage, and others are learning that some providers are extremely picky about who they will cover or require a laundry list of fixes.

"We have no place to go to get insurance:" West Palm Beach man shares home insurance woes

https://archive.ph/Utm2T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2023, 11:43 AM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Can’t you find something nice to say about Florida?

Old 04-18-2023, 12:14 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_expert View Post
can’t you find something nice to say about florida?
lol!

Old 04-18-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Oh yessssssssssssssssss Florida has wonderful gun laws, school voucher laws and low taxes! Florida also has deeeeeeeeeeelicious stone crabs (which I get free from my crabmonger neighbor every week I'm in town during the season) AND Florida has the best weather anywhere in January and February! Florida also has lots of NON-BEACH secret spots that are gorgeous and no I won't be sharing those!

I know everything bad (grocery prices, homeless people, insurance crisis, pollution, traffic, heat/humidity/mold) and good (everything else) about Florida, since I'm a NATIVE FLORIDIAN, something that very very few are!

Excuse me, I'm off to Gainesville to snap pictures of the rampant homeless problem there, toodles!

Old 04-18-2023, 01:58 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
No, this forum needed the 53rd thread on property insurance, didn't ya know?

Old 04-18-2023, 02:16 PM

9,110 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Oh yessssssssssssssssss Florida has wonderful gun laws, school voucher laws and low taxes! Florida also has deeeeeeeeeeelicious stone crabs (which I get free from my crabmonger neighbor every week I'm in town during the season) AND Florida has the best weather anywhere in January and February! Florida also has lots of NON-BEACH secret spots that are gorgeous and no I won't be sharing those!

I know everything bad (grocery prices, homeless people, insurance crisis, pollution, traffic, heat/humidity/mold) and good (everything else) about Florida, since I'm a NATIVE FLORIDIAN, something that very very few are!

Excuse me, I'm off to Gainesville to snap pictures of the rampant homeless problem there, toodles!

I notice you show South Tampa, Maui, and Paris as your locations.

Maybe you can go to Paris and join the protestors there. Lots of very unhappy and dissatisfied people there. They would be sympathique.

Old 04-18-2023, 02:59 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Well, your surprise at your increase in Home Ins is VERY REAL! Yikes! I feel for ya, buddy.
Lived there for years when it was affordable...those were the days, man
If I told you what my prop taxes and home ins is in CO you would be envious ...ALTHO, hail has upped it a bit.

Old 04-18-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
No, this forum needed the 53rd thread on property insurance, didn't ya know?
The more this issue is brought into the light the more pressure on state officials to do something about this disaster.

This article has very real Floridians telling first hand stories of how they can no longer afford Florida. Too bad you apparently lack empathy.

Old 04-18-2023, 04:41 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
The more this issue is brought into the light the more pressure on state officials to do something about this disaster.

This article has very real Floridians telling first hand stories of how they can no longer afford Florida. Too bad you apparently lack empathy.

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but what do YOU think can be done? Florida can't force an insurance company to lower rates or even have a presence here. IMO one of the main problems is fraud, especially in Dade County and other S.Florida areas. The state seems to take a real hands off approach in going after and punishing the perpetrators. I have my own opinion why this is taken so lightly but it's just my opinion.

Old 04-18-2023, 04:58 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Go bare blare and live on easy street pete.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 04-18-2023 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida