Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 05:26 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
The more this issue is brought into the light the more pressure on state officials to do something about this disaster.

This article has very real Floridians telling first hand stories of how they can no longer afford Florida. Too bad you apparently lack empathy.
I don't lack empathy, I just don't think Ron and company read City_Data to get updated on state issues. That's what I meant by their being so many threads here about the state insurance problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 04:55 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Oh yessssssssssssssssss Florida has wonderful gun laws, school voucher laws and low taxes! Florida also has deeeeeeeeeeelicious stone crabs (which I get free from my crabmonger neighbor every week I'm in town during the season) AND Florida has the best weather anywhere in January and February! Florida also has lots of NON-BEACH secret spots that are gorgeous and no I won't be sharing those!

I know everything bad (grocery prices, homeless people, insurance crisis, pollution, traffic, heat/humidity/mold) and good (everything else) about Florida, since I'm a NATIVE FLORIDIAN, something that very very few are!

Excuse me, I'm off to Gainesville to snap pictures of the rampant homeless problem there, toodles!
I experience the heat and humidity as positives.

The cure for high prices is high prices.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:07 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
My home value increased by 100% over the past 5 years, & my homeowners coverage increased 50%.

Does that mean I'm getting my homeowners at a 50% discount?

Old 04-19-2023, 05:16 AM

381 posts, read 278,864 times
Quote:
THIS is the reality for millions of Floridians

https://archive.ph/Utm2T
Articles like this are just one of the myriad reasons we got the hell out of south florida, Fl does not want a middle class , just the uber rich and service/servant class

Old 04-19-2023, 05:58 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrat View Post
Articles like this are just one of the myriad reasons we got the hell out of south florida, Fl does not want a middle class , just the uber rich and service/servant class

Just like NY and CA i guess..........

Old 04-19-2023, 07:06 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I don't lack empathy, I just don't think Ron and company read City_Data to get updated on state issues. That's what I meant by their being so many threads here about the state insurance problem.
I have often suspected that not only do they read this forum but actually participate. They being the "and company" part. I could be wrong and maybe there are just people who can't handle hearing anything negative about our state even when it's true.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:36 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Just like NY and CA i guess..........
Out of the standard issue GOP bag of retorts...truly, it's time for some new material.

Neither NY or CA has seen the middle-class apocalypse like FL has.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:09 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
But wait, isn't Florida the freedom state? we're free here, right?

Old 04-19-2023, 08:10 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Not trying to be a wiseguy, but what do YOU think can be done? Florida can't force an insurance company to lower rates or even have a presence here.
Actually the state significantly does put their finger on the scale through offering smaller insurance companies subsidized reinsurance. Tallahassee had to add $3 billion to the existing $17 billion reinsurance fund in the past year to help stabilize that situation after Hurricane Ian.

https://www.route-fifty.com/finance/...market/381081/

(Sorry about the timer at the front of the article, but it’s a nice summary of the state’s role in trying to prop up private insurers.)

Old 04-19-2023, 08:20 AM

4,474 posts, read 3,842,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
I have often suspected that not only do they read this forum but actually participate. They being the "and company" part. I could be wrong and maybe there are just people who can't handle hearing anything negative about our state even when it's true.
yep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida