Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM

569 posts, read 1,669,779 times

Advertisements

Atlanta has a lot of Asians as do most bigger cities. They seem to flock to big city atmospheres that Florida just doesn't offer. Not to say there are no Asians here but another reason why there are not more is because Florida is too busy concentrating on Hispanics. They are taking up all the money and resources. Florida caters to them with free medical care, private schooling, free food, job preference, free housing, and welfare. Plus they don't even have to learn English. Asians aren't quite the same.

For an interesting take on Asians watch the movie "Gran Torino" with Clint Eastwood. It was a great movie.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Are there many Japanese in Broward County? I live in Japan, although I'm white, and my son is a bit young, but we'll be in Japan long enough that he'll be speaking Japanese before we leave...and I'm hoping we can live in a community with some Japanese-speakers around
Not at all, in fact there are almost none. The Asian population is mostly Korean, Indian, Chinese or Vietnamese. There are a tiny bit more Japanese in/around Orlando. It should also be noted that the Asian population is only 3%, which is higher than most of Florida, but is still below the national average. You will find some suburban areas in Pembroke Pines and Miramar where they make up to 15% of local elementary school populations, however.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:57 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Not at all, in fact there are almost none. The Asian population is mostly Korean, Indian, Chinese or Vietnamese. There are a tiny bit more Japanese in/around Orlando. It should also be noted that the Asian population is only 3%, which is higher than most of Florida, but is still below the national average. You will find some suburban areas in Pembroke Pines and Miramar where they make up to 15% of local elementary school populations, however.
Now that is interesting! 15% of local elementary school populations are Asian in Pembroke Pines and Miramar...that IS promising.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
Thank you for pointing this out to others. It really frustrates me to see people respond in such a racist way. I appreciate your input to all of this

Quote:
mquintana,

If it means anything, I found the posters stereotypes about Asians downright bizarre. I've lived in San Francisco and New York and even Asia (for ten years)...and I am a white American guy...and Asian neighbors are the best neighbors you can possibly have.

As far as 'asians' driving fast cars...I thought it was TEENS regardless of race drive fast cars. I've seen MOSTLY white kids drive fast cars more than anything...but before I lived in NY & CA, I grew up in a white midwestern America.

People complaining about 'asian' neighbors of all things are people who are probably going to complain about every little thing all day long all the time. Its about at the bottom of any normal person's 'complaint' list by all people's accounts.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,909,323 times
Quote:
Now that is interesting! 15% of local elementary school populations are Asian in Pembroke Pines and Miramar...that IS promising.
Not the entire elementary school population, but you will find a couple of elementary schools in the western sections with that kind of population.

http://www.browardschools.com/schoolsplash1/enrollment.asp?school=3581 (broken link)

http://www.browardschools.com/schoolsplash1/enrollment.asp?school=3491 (broken link)

Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
you must have a hell of an arm, kid!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 AM

21 posts, read 39,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move2fl View Post
Positive?? What positives do asains who don't speak or respect English ways to any community??? Please... What Panda Express?? LOL LOL keep your orange chicken.. I don't need any asain gangsters wanna b's cruisin my streets in their lowered civic at 3am !!!! You keep your asains!!! And let Florida b !!!! Next you will want more illegal Mexicans living near you so you can have a better bean & cheese!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What crawled up yours? Who is welcome to that lovely state? Blue hairs from New Yawk? Yeah. Those cranky retirees really enhance the place. Oh wait. That's using stereotypes to define Florida. Imagine that...

Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,787 times
Cranky is right!

Old 04-22-2009, 12:02 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times
LMAO! This is hilarious! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenboy View Post
What crawled up yours? Who is welcome to that lovely state? Blue hairs from New Yawk? Yeah. Those cranky retirees really enhance the place. Oh wait. That's using stereotypes to define Florida. Imagine that...

Old 04-22-2009, 12:45 PM

13 posts, read 34,059 times
Default LOL... English is a problem

See what I mean... It's spelled " Apparently " ENGLISH .... MY POINT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
Thanks for saying something, apparetly we have a racist poster here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida