Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times

Advertisements

You will still get ice on your windows in the winter even in Florida don`t throw away your scraper just yet.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
You will still get ice on your windows in the winter even in Florida don`t throw away your scraper just yet.
Yeah, I let the wipers scrape with the windshield washer fluid one or two times last winter. It was such a hassle to wait the 2 extra minutes to get off. Now believe it or not I have worked out doors in 17 degree weather here in S C FL. I have seen I-75 littered with cars in the ditches because of ice covering the highway... It happens when you least expect it.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,963,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Yeah, I let the wipers scrape with the windshield washer fluid one or two times last winter. It was such a hassle to wait the 2 extra minutes to get off. Now believe it or not I have worked out doors in 17 degree weather here in S C FL. I have seen I-75 littered with cars in the ditches because of ice covering the highway... It happens when you least expect it.

He is moving to the panhandle that area gets colder then Central or south Florida. Was just letting the poster know that just because your in Florida does not mean lack of freezing weather it just doesn`t last long.

You get 2 or 3 days cold then back into the 70`s.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:48 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Quote:
He is moving to the panhandle that area gets colder then Central or south Florida. Was just letting the poster know that just because your in Florida does not mean lack of freezing weather it just doesn`t last long.

You get 2 or 3 days cold then back into the 70`s.
Have kin up there so know about them nicer winters. It can get cold I know but they just suck it up and go on about their business. You can't keep them north FL crackers down just because it gets a little chilly now and again. I could handle the cold up there. And Rocky Mountain summers too.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 PM

214 posts, read 560,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
They forgot rude people.

"Restless Masses" is my favorite part of the article. Also known in compelled language as malcontents.

Is that your new favorite word? "Malcontent" I have seen you use that word on a whole bunch of posts lately.

Not being a jerk here or anything, just curious why your posting that word so much.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
When I lived in Winter Park in 1995-1998 I had ice on my windows a few times, a few times in Melbourne too. In 2003 there were snow flurries reported off the coast of Cocoa Beach...

Quote:

Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 PM

I love being a malcontent, I am a self admitted malcontent. Right Compelled???? I don't think I am 100% malcontent though, I say I am 75%... I do say good things about FL too....

Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison Winter View Post
Is that your new favorite word? "Malcontent" I have seen you use that word on a whole bunch of posts lately.

Not being a jerk here or anything, just curious why your posting that word so much.
That's nothing new from me at all. I have probably been using that word since I joined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
I love being a malcontent, I am a self admitted malcontent. Right Compelled???? I don't think I am 100% malcontent though, I say I am 75%... I do say good things about FL too....
If you haven't ever used the word "rude people" and "crime" in the same sentence to refer to where you are coming from and where you are now (no matter where it is), you are 0% malcontent in the dictionary of Mr. Compelled. However, you would technically be a malcontent by Webster's dictionary definition.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
If you haven't ever used the word "rude people" and "crime" in the same sentence to refer to where you are coming from and where you are now (no matter where it is), you are 0% malcontent in the dictionary of Mr. Compelled. However, you would technically be a malcontent by dictionary definition.
Does it count if you say something similar but much dirtier ?

Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 AM

DARN!!! Have I used rude people in any of my sentences??? I normally complan about heat, defend the areas around here(except Fort Myers) against crime for the most part... I have said bad drivers a few times in the past... Complained about the lack of jobs, but... Oh darn I knew it, I'm not 100% malcontent!!!

I just try to balance positive and negative when I can. I don't like getting into peeing matches on here with people. Actually some of the people on here who were "the enemy" are now my friends on my list. And I have great respect for them, some of the best people on here.

Thanks Mr. Compelled!

Quote:
That's nothing new from me at all. I have probably been using that word since I joined.

If you haven't ever used the word "rude people" and "crime" in the same sentence to refer to where you are coming from and where you are now (no matter where it is), you are 0% malcontent in the dictionary of Mr. Compelled. However, you would technically be a malcontent by Webster's dictionary definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida