Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

Of course this thread has attracted Florida lovers. It would be nice to have a thread for people to JUST vent about Florida; not praise it.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:08 AM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,749 times
why do you care, if you don't even live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Of course this thread has attracted Florida lovers. It would be nice to have a thread for people to JUST vent about Florida; not praise it.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Thats how we feel in Florida. Just go down any street here in Florida and you will not see any children playing anywhere because of the extreme heat.
How extreme? I'm asking not to be argumentative, but because I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before I make a decision. Here in Baltimore it's not unusual to get periods where we have upper 90 degree temps (and sometimes higher) and very high humidity. And in the urban areas, there are virtually no trees, and no breeze. It can be hellish. Granted, these periods don't generally last for weeks as a time, but they aren't unusual in July and August.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
why do you care, if you don't even live here.

I'm there a lot more than you think. You just love to find out everything, huh?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
How extreme? I'm asking not to be argumentative, but because I'm trying to gather as much info as possible before I make a decision. Here in Baltimore it's not unusual to get periods where we have upper 90 degree temps (and sometimes higher) and very high humidity. And in the urban areas, there are virtually no trees, and no breeze. It can be hellish. Granted, these periods don't generally last for weeks as a time, but they aren't unusual in July and August.

Very extreme, it is a high humidity swamp heat that you will never experience in Baltimore no matter how hot it gets there. Why do you think so many people are couped up in their homes in the A/C most of the year. Thats why "snow birds" only come in the winter months when the weather is milder. But if you do not believe me just try to have a picnic at noon in July when you move down here,lol.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 AM

Enquiring minds want to know.

You know, I can respect some of the other people who don't like Florida because they're real people and upfront about themselves.

Quote:
I'm there a lot more than you think. You just love to find out everything, huh?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Very extreme, it is a high humidity swamp heat that you will never experience in Baltimore no matter how hot it gets there. Why do you think so many people are couped up in their homes in the A/C most of the year. Thats why "snow birds" only come in the winter months when the weather is milder. But if you do not believe me just try to have a picnic at noon in July when you move down here,lol.
I don't think many folks in my area plan noon picnics in July either, unless they're at the beach. And I've been to Florida (Jacksonville, Naples, the Keys, Ft. Lauderdale) in the heat of the summer, so I guess what I'm saying is that I know what high heat and high humidity feels like, and I also know what sub-freezing temperatures with wind-chills of less than zero feel like, and I'll opt for the heat. Cold hurts! And when you add freezing rain, snow, and sleet to the mix, to me it's a no-brainer. Of course, there are some people who can deal with the cold. Those folks are welcome to stay up north and be happy.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:48 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetvj View Post
I don't think many folks in my area plan noon picnics in July either, unless they're at the beach. And I've been to Florida (Jacksonville, Naples, the Keys, Ft. Lauderdale) in the heat of the summer, so I guess what I'm saying is that I know what high heat and high humidity feels like, and I also know what sub-freezing temperatures with wind-chills of less than zero feel like, and I'll opt for the heat. Cold hurts! And when you add freezing rain, snow, and sleet to the mix, to me it's a no-brainer. Of course, there are some people who can deal with the cold. Those folks are welcome to stay up north and be happy.
Good luck on your move to Florida. It seems like you are a perfect fit for this state. The good thing is that you are retiring here and don't have to work in Florida.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Enquiring minds want to know.

You know, I can respect some of the other people who don't like Florida because they're real people and upfront about themselves.

Well maybe some of us don't like to give that much information about ourselves. Ever think of that one? I think you're the only one on this board who wants to know more information about me, so, no, inquiring mind"s" isn't the right way to say it.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 AM

Actually, I don't want any information about you. I was just curious what your agenda is for tracking one person around on this forum to defend them when they make negative statements.

From what I have seen, none of your comments here have any depth. Just vague one liners.

Your posts are just air.

Quote:
Well maybe some of us don't like to give that much information about ourselves. Ever think of that one? I think you're the only one on this board who wants to know more information about me, so, no, inquiring mind"s" isn't the right way to say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida